Already Frustrated with Carnival Horizon

meatloafsfan

The information is just released and I'm already frustrated!

I checked out the accessible deck plans on the Carnival site - the Horizon only has 25 accessible cabins - and most (all but a few) sleep only 2.

I fine this very frustrating!

At least this ship has given up on the "modified accessible" that may or may not be suitable. All of the cabins are either fully accessible or one side bed accessible.

I love the Carnival product but sometimes they make it too difficult to sail with them!

So you can't find what you need or are you just commenting about the limited availability? I agree 25 cabins is lame for a ship this size.

I'm totally unhappy with the Horizon too but for other reasons. I hope it all works out for you. You are trying to book super early. No reason why you shouldn't be able to get exactly what you need.

Sorry you can't immediately find what you want.

I never seek out the advertised latest, greatest. I much prefer to wait and let others test the product and then report back about what they think is worth booking. By then prices will be more reasonable.

Prices always fall if you wait until the shiny wears off, and by then you will have much better user-friendly information to make a decision about what to purchase. Other passengers that have similar needs will be able to tell you what to book if you wait a while until the shiny wears off.

Why risk your vacation without knowing the true facts? Let others spend their time and money and then benefit from their feedback.

Best wishes for a memorable, convenient, cruise value.

So you can't find what you need or are you just commenting about the limited availability? I agree 25 cabins is lame for a ship this size.

I'm totally unhappy with the Horizon too but for other reasons. I hope it all works out for you. You are trying to book super early. No reason why you shouldn't be able to get exactly what you need.

I normally sail with my parents as my mom needs assistance. She needs an accessible cabin. We will need to get 2 cabins due to the limited availability (I could only find 1 accessible cabin where the 3rd bed was a couch, the other 3 have a bunk).

I think having only 25 accessible cabins on that size of ship is very limiting for any wheelchair user.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Sorry you can't immediately find what you want.

I never seek out the advertised latest, greatest. I much prefer to wait and let others test the product and then report back about what they think is worth booking. By then prices will be more reasonable.

Prices always fall if you wait until the shiny wears off, and by then you will have much better user-friendly information to make a decision about what to purchase. Other passengers that have similar needs will be able to tell you what to book if you wait a while until the shiny wears off.

Why risk your vacation without knowing the true facts? Let others spend their time and money and then benefit from their feedback.

Best wishes for a memorable, convenient, cruise value.

It's not the price. It's that there is only 1 cabin on the ship we'll be able to book!

Are you talking with a carnival rep? Most handicap rooms don't show on the website. My sister requires a room like this and though I search and don't see a room once I call my pvp gives me the available rooms. There is a special department for them. Id call. But if 25 is the correct number of rooms that's rediculous.

Are you talking with a carnival rep? Most handicap rooms don't show on the website. My sister requires a room like this and though I search and don't see a room once I call my pvp gives me the available rooms. There is a special department for them. Id call. But if 25 is the correct number of rooms that's rediculous.

I'm looking at the deck plans so I could find the locations of the accessible cabins. I was surprised at the low number and the occupancy.

It is not about finding a cabin on a specific cruise, it's about finding an accessible cabin for 3 on any Horizon cruise.

I'm looking at the deck plans so I could find the locations of the accessible cabins. I was surprised at the low number and the occupancy.

It is not about finding a cabin on a specific cruise, it's about finding an accessible cabin for 3 on any Horizon cruise.

Why not call Carnival and ask about accessible rooms on the Horizon? I believe they have a special needs department. There may be rooms that don't actually show up on the deck plans. They may not be 100% accurate. ...

Sent from my Galaxy 4

what are the differences from vista to horizon?

The Library Bar and Piano Bar 88 are on opposite sides of the Horizon (Library Bar is port side on Vista, starboard side on Horizon). Horizon is also supposed to have 3 new venues onboard, none of which have been announced.

Sent from my eye phone using Forums FFS

The Library Bar and Piano Bar 88 are on opposite sides of the Horizon (Library Bar is port side on Vista, starboard side on Horizon). Horizon is also supposed to have 3 new venues onboard, none of which have been announced.

Venues as in restaurants or bars or something else?

Sent from my iPhone

No details available yet, just 3 new public spaces.

It is not unusual to make subtle changes (and new additions) to the second ship in a class. It will be interesting to see what these turn out to be.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 months later...
Hello thinking of booking on Horizon, just got off of Vista this month. Will there be a dedicated club or like on Vista change into the club after the Comedy Show?

When we were in the Vista 3 weeks ago, at the Diamond event, the chief engineer told us that some of the differences in the ships were attributed to some of the common rooms such as these. We will see.

Sent from my iPhone

You should either contact Carnival directly or contact your TA if you use one. I know Carnival is very tough when booking accessible cabins and the cabins are hard to find on the deck plans for some reason and you usually have to book early to get one