Suite or more cruises?

dorisis

My husband and I disagree in which is the best way to spend our cruise budget money. He prefers to go in a suite and I prefer to go on more cruises. Seems we can do 3 cruises for the price of 1 in a suite. Any opinions???

Edited by dorisis

I do a balcony room since we spend very little time in the room. When we want some quiet time we usually sit on the balcony and read. In the past we did concierge class and when I really thought about it, I didn't drink the champagne, never ate the 4:oclock appetizers they brought and captains club sent flowers to the room that were always nicer than the promised flowers in your room.

I'm taking my fourth cruise of the year this month for not much more than one suite cruise.

Well...it will depend on the cruiseline, but as I like to be AT LEAST as comfortable on vacation as I am at home, we won't book a regular cabin. Tried it once...and never again! Too cramped!

I will spring for a mini or junior suite. I don't need the "full suite" perks (on cruiselines that offer that perk), but I do want space and a balcony. A junior or mini suite gives you a space most like a hotel sized room....and that's very nice!

Well...it will depend on the cruiseline, but as I like to be AT LEAST as comfortable on vacation as I am at home, we won't book a regular cabin. Tried it once...and never again! Too cramped!

I will spring for a mini or junior suite. I don't need the "full suite" perks (on cruiselines that offer that perk), but I do want space and a balcony. A junior or mini suite gives you a space most like a hotel sized room....and that's very nice!

We are Elite on Celebity and Princess and Diamond on RC, so we get plenty of perks. I have to agree that minis and jrs are a good compromise. But when a bargain suite comes along I like that.

For me,,,,,,, suite.

I'd rather go less often if necessary but be comfortable on the cruises I take.

There really is no right or wrong answer. Just a matter of personal preference.

For me,,,,,,, suite.

I'd rather go less often if necessary but be comfortable on the cruises I take.

There really is no right or wrong answer. Just a matter of personal preference.

I agree with you on this. I prefer full suites. My wife would be satisfied with jr or mini suites to be able to cruise more often. We compromised. We book a full suite, cruise less often, and she picks the itinerary. We are both happy with the results.

Happy cruising everyone. It's a great way to see the world!

I vote for more cruises. A smaller cabin is fine. We prefer out on the deck or doing something away from the cabin. We only spend a few hours in the cabin anyway and most of that time my eyes are closed. One doesn't need much room to sleep or clean up and get dressed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

My husband and I disagree in which is the best way to spend our cruise budget money. He prefers to go in a suite and I prefer to go on more cruises. Seems we can do 3 cruises for the price of 1 in a suite. Any opinions???

I am on your side.

My DH will rarely go on a cruise with me, but my best friend is always ready to share a room. Since we spend so little time in the room we book interior or ocean view - we get to go to the places we want to go to, at least cost.

On the few cruises my DH decides to accompany me, we have at least a balcony. We really have enjoyed Celebrity's Aqua class.

It depends on the cruise and the reason for the cruise. I can't see the point of paying a ton for the suites, but I do love a balcony,especially if we are doing something bucket list worthy. We are taking a celebrity cruise to Antarctica next winter and I want a balcony for that. We are taking a land tour in South America after the cruise. We found a princess cruise from Santiago to LA where the ocean view room is just a little more than the flight home, so what the heck, we would rather cruise than fly, so we will forego the balcony so we can stay in budget. Less money spent on the cruises means more money for excursions and massages!

We might even consider an inside stateroom if we do a seriously port intensive cruise.

We did a 51 day cruise last winter, and one thing I learned was that I really could pack everything I needed in a carryon. Less stuff means more room.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We never do suites but we generally book a balcony...and book within the final payment window. We are retired, travel frequently, and are very flexible.

We have also switched to carry on for the exact same reason. We plan to travel 7 weeks in SE Asia this winter prior to boarding a cruise in Sydney. If we can snag a last minute offer on another cruise we will do it.

We do not have a cruise budget but we do have a travel budget. If the choice for us is an expensive suite for two or three weeks or a gty balcony and 6 weeks of independent land travel the latter has always won out. Just comes down to personal preference.

Hi

We were looking at pictures at past cruises and saw our OV room and don't remember missing our usual balcony In fact the OV window nicely framed some of our pictures

That being said, I really liked and still remember the awesome big deal balcony breakfast set up for us (for a fee) by Princess