quantum how formal in grand

We will be on anthem in June, I read that the grand restaurant is formal , how formal is it, since there are no ship wide formal nights , how does it work with most in casual for the other restaurants, do we need to take a suit or would smart shirt etc be okay

We will be on anthem in June, I read that the grand restaurant is formal , how formal is it, since there are no ship wide formal nights , how does it work with most in casual for the other restaurants, do we need to take a suit or would smart shirt etc be okay

Jacket required. On our cruise I would say that at least 90% of the diners showed up in accordance to the published dress code. The majority of the men had on ties. The 10% who didn't were given jackets to wear at the door. I saw one man argue, he didn't win.

All the other restaurants are smart casual every night. No shorts or t-shirts although I did see a few.

Chefs Table is also Formal. We went and everyone was in a sport coat or suit and tie.

Edited by papaflamingo

This is my view on dress code in Grande - OK, no tie acceptable - I do not understand the discussion - for people who do not want to wear a jacket, just avoid Grande - American Icon Grill, Chic, Silk, Windjammer and more does have great dinne offerings.

grande.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Men must wear a jacket- I would say any male over 14. Just got off the Quantum Saturday. Men who were not wearing jackets were supplied one by the staff to use. Most didn't fit well and looked like something purchased at a thrift shop. Not to mention other people, perhaps not clean, wore the same jackets over and over. Once you leave the restaurant- anything goes.

Tell your family to definately bring a suit or sports jacket. The formal code was enforced and I "assume" will be the same on the Anthem. Dressing up really makes for a nice picture.

I adore dressing up for formal night, and in most cases I really don't mind what others wear, it doesn't affect me. Having said that, ship wide formal night has been removed and I can live with that, because there is still a place to dine (The Grande) where we can wear a tux and cocktail dress. I will be personally a little disappointed if my last option for a formal night is gradually turned casual by a relaxing of the dress code. After all, for those who wish to dress less formally for dinner, which is their absolute right, have a wide variety of other lovely restaurants to choose from. So I personally hope that RCI keep this restaurant as strictly formal, and that the other equally lovely dining venues continue with their casual/smart casual code, then everyone is a winner! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the longest time, people who want to stay casual all the time kept suggesting that the cruiseline institute a dining room for those who want to dress up. So they finally do. Are the casual people happy? No. Now they want to see how casual they can get away with dressing and still get into the formal restaurant. Pathetic.

for the longest time, people who want to stay casual all the time kept suggesting that the cruiseline institute a dining room for those who want to dress up. So they finally do. Are the casual people happy? No. Now they want to see how casual they can get away with dressing and still get into the formal restaurant. Pathetic.

a+ !

Edited by natty bumppo

For the longest time, people who want to stay casual all the time kept suggesting that the cruiseline institute a dining room for those who want to dress up. So they finally do. Are the casual people happy? No. Now they want to see how casual they can get away with dressing and still get into the formal restaurant. Pathetic.

WELL PUT! Look y'all, it's a Formal Restaurant. They require jackets for men. Just dress according to the Dress CODE. It's not "suggested." They have provided a significant number of casual restaurants for your enjoyment. Grow the heck up!

Edited by papaflamingo

you know this how? are you a mind reader

You seem to have a hard time understanding that this particular restaurant on the ship was set up for the people who want to act like big boys and girls, and dress up. You seem to try to make a point that it's not formal. This is not a Carnival cruise where anything goes. It's not the MDR. Its a formal restaurant. Yes, some people, might take the jacket off. However, they still have it. You will get a loaner jacket at the door. If you can't handle being dressed up, there is a dozen other places to eat on board. This place is not for you. You have what you want except for this place.

Either dress like a big boy, or don't go.