Which Would You Chose for MIL F

flips7

I am trying to decide between 2 cruises. Here are the choices:

1. Carnival Dream 7 nights from New Orleans (new Port) going to Jamaica (new port), Grand Cayman and Cozumel

2. RCCL Freedom of the Seas 8 nights from Ft Lauderdale going to St Kitts, St Maarten, San Juan, Labadee.

Price is fairly similar per day. Which would you choose and why.

We are a extended family of 6 ranging in age from 16 to 87. This is my MIL first cruise but the rest of us have many cruises under our belts.

Edited by flips7
Did not finish

What are the important things to you on a cruise ship....food, entertainment/shows/comedy, staterooms, ports, will you get a drink package, will you do specialty dining, have you seen NOLA....assuming your flying what is the cost for both?

Edited by Cruisegirl6

Where are you from? What is MIL F?

Sorry I thought I had completed the thread post.

It should read "which would you chose for MIL First cruise" Mother in Law.

I cannot go back and correct that now.

Wow, I thought this thread was about something different entirely!

Anyways, I agree with the others. I recommend Freedom of the Seas. It's a longer cruise on a better itinerary and, in my opinion, on a better ship.

Freedom of the Seas for all the reasons listed. Longer cruise, better itinerary and MUCH better ship. The food aint all that great though so it depends on what is important to you. The pizza is terrible, you will pay extra for a decent burger and the MDR food is nowhere near as good as on Carnival. Carnival > Royal Caribbean as far as included food and options goes. Their steakhouse is MUCH better than Chops too. Not even close in my honest opinion.

Freedom of the Seas is a beautiful ship though with a true "WOW" factor for those that havent been on her yet.

No contest. Freedom of The Seas. We sailed her a few years ago on a back-to-back and had a marvelous time. Terrific ship and a much better itinerary in my view. San Juan I never tire of. St Maarten had so many great options including amazing French pastries over in Marigot. St Kitts is beautiful and has the best ziplining we have ever done. While Cozumel is also a favorite, Grand Cayman to me is rather dull on land (although snorkeling and Stingray City are terrific). As for Jamaica, we did find an independent excursion company that provided us with a good day, I am in no hurry to return.

If it's just a test "cruise" with the MILF, I recommend Motel 6. You won't be out a lot of money in the event that either of you aren't completely satisfied with the experience. LOL

LMAO!!! Whew...I thought this was going to be a very different type of thread. Where I'm from, "MILF" stands for something very different. :')

I am trying to decide between 2 cruises. Here are the choices:

1. Carnival Dream 7 nights from New Orleans (new Port) going to Jamaica (new port), Grand Cayman and Cozumel

2. RCCL Freedom of the Seas 8 nights from Ft Lauderdale going to St Kitts, St Maarten, San Juan, Labadee.

Price is fairly similar per day. Which would you choose and why.

We are a extended family of 6 ranging in age from 16 to 87. This is my MIL first cruise but the rest of us have many cruises under our belts.

This is a tough choice- I really like the POC for Freedom (and for the price, you'll get 8 days for around the price of 7), but... I LOVE NOLA. It's my favorite city. I take my family often and spend 7-10 days at a time just exploring the city and surrounding areas. So- for me, I'd choose Dream just to have a few days pre or post cruise to spend in New Orleans. :hearteyes:

I am glad I could provide such amusement for so many people. I am also glad to get so many opinions on which cruise. I guess why we are having a hard time is because we have been to the islands that the Freedom is going to 2 out of the last 3 years.