I love the Gem...but I didn't love this...

Ms.Eva

How do you mean? Haven guests vs inside guests?

Yes, they had a separate area for the Haven guests to sit in the theater. It was never full. I've been on the QM2 many times and I never saw this, not in the theater. Strange.

They didn't even do this on the Queen Mary; separate people by class in the theater.

I never sailed in one of those categories, but that's one of the perk of spending plenty of $$ for the room...reserved seating in the theater.

It's not like they divide the theater for ALL of the categories...they just reserve a section for those high-end room.

That's one of the "perks" of having a suite... But more than the "reserved seating area" per se, I value the flexibility that having that area provides. Knowing that I'm not rushed or need to get to the theater way ahead of time to get a seat... Allows us to have a more relaxed, enjoyable dinner/ overall experience. YMMV.

Yes, they had a separate area for the Haven guests to sit in the theater. It was never full. I've been on the QM2 many times and I never saw this, not in the theater. Strange.

That's because everyone on the QM2 are the same upper class people, no distinctions like on NCL:rolleyes:

How much do the box seats cost on the Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth theater ?

Over $50 if I remember correctly.

Edited by JohnIreland

The seats reserved for haven guests are not that great. However, suite guests pay a lot for extra perks. Reserved theatre seats are just one of them.

I would agree about the location of the Haven/Suite reserved seating. More than once, we skipped it and sat with the unwashed masses hehe :D

They are so far up and off to the side, it is sometimes fun to sit there and watch what's going on in the wings. Being a theatre person and having done tech stuff, I always get a kick out of watching the people in black.

Did you also think it was unfair when you were in school that the teacher's had a Teacher's lounge where students were not allowed? Perhaps you find it unfair that the CEO of the company you work for has a better office than you and gets the best seat nearest the podium at company meetings.

People in the Haven pay much more for their accommodations and as part of that have paid for perks such as reserved seating at shows. Why would this bother you? You have a choice. You can pay more for your cruise and get this perk or you can pay less (often less than 1/6) for your cruise and not get this perk. So what? The only real effect this has on YOUR vacation is that the people in the Haven are saving YOU money by paying more for their cruise. What's wrong with that?

AND NCL is NOT the ONLY cruise line that has reserved seating for suite guests. I know for certain that RCCL does this as well.

Edited by SuiteTraveler

Usually only one side is reserved.

The other side is first come first serve to be able to sit in the balcony.

Having been in both the Haven Suites and a non suite room on the Gem, this does not bother me at all.

The perks are what make the difference.

I didn't have to pay four times as much for my Haven cruise, but I saved and did it for the perks.

My next cruise is a non suite one, my hubby is a little peeved he can't have French press coffee delivered to him every morning at 7 am.

I told him kick in at least two grand and he can. Or walk to the atrium himself.

The seats reserved for haven guests are not that great. However, suite guests pay a lot for extra perks. Reserved theatre seats are just one of them.

I agree we never sit in the vip area, the seats/view is horrible and you can do much better on your own.

did you notice them eating in Cagneys for breakfast also? Or having priority disembarkation or embarkation?

ITs called a perk, you get what you pay for.

Yep, that sums it up. We pay for the perks and sometimes such as Carnival with no perks except priority disembarkation or embarkation it is for the extra space/balcony. I love the suite perks on NCL and when we want to spend the extra money it is well worth it to us.

Celebrity has a reserved seating area in the theater as well for suite guests.

Royal Caribbean does too. Seems like it's pretty much industry standard these days. Doesn't bother me so long as the unused seats are released before showtime, which they always are.

They didn't even do this on the Queen Mary; separate people by class in the theater.

These are for high end suites.

Just the way it is.

And, they do lots of similar stuff on Queen Mary... maybe not theatre.

I am really surprised this is even a post.

What does the OP think about 1st class seating on the airplane.

Of concierge lounge in a hotel?

Geez.