Shampoo & Soap

cruisingdelt

Anthem does not have the shampoo/body wash dispensers in the showers. They provide little tubes of shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion, in addition to bar soap.

WOW! Even for those of us that are in regular balcony rooms? It's been years since I've had separate tubes of products, especially body lotion! :)

WOW! Even for those of us that are in regular balcony rooms? It's been years since I've had separate tubes of products, especially body lotion! :)

We sailed in a balcony in Feb 2017 and Sept 2016 and had little tubes both times. Anthem does things a little differently than other ships. Had free mimosas in WJ one morning towards the end of the cruise.:D

We just got off anthem on Saturday. We were in a balcony cabin not a suite. There is a shampoo dispenser in the shower (these are new as last time we were on anthem we got the tubes). And you get a bar of soap.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We just got off anthem on Saturday. We were in a balcony cabin not a suite. There is a shampoo dispenser in the shower (these are new as last time we were on anthem we got the tubes). And you get a bar of soap.

We were on the same cruise to New England. We were in a balcony cabin also. I was surprised to see the shampoo/conditioner dispenser in the shower . May cruise to Bermuda we had the tubes. I always take my own shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Guess there are starting to cut back.

Jane

FYI, if you are in a Grand Suite or higher, you get fairly large bars (disks, but about 1" thick and 3-4" around) and tubes of high end shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion.

The bars of soap were replaced daily, even when they were plenty big enough for further use.

We were on the same cruise to New England. We were in a balcony cabin also. I was surprised to see the shampoo/conditioner dispenser in the shower . May cruise to Bermuda we had the tubes. I always take my own shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Guess there are starting to cut back.

Jane

Well, that stinks. We have never liked the mystery goo in the dispensers, but the little white tubes of stuff wasn't all that bad. DH didn't bother to bring his own stuff for Anthem since that stuff was okay. Will have to remind him to pack some stuff if we sail Anthem again.

• 2 weeks later...
Any body or hand lotion supplied? Also, in a regular balcony cabin.

MARAPRINCE

Not normally, those usually come with JS and better categories. However, if you request some from your stateroom attendant, they may be able to find some "extra" ones.

Well, that stinks. We have never liked the mystery goo in the dispensers, but the little white tubes of stuff wasn't all that bad. DH didn't bother to bring his own stuff for Anthem since that stuff was okay. Will have to remind him to pack some stuff if we sail Anthem again.

Agree about the "mystery goo". We will be on the Anthem for a third time. I now need to pack shampoo and conditioner for DH, who complains that I bring too many "sundries" until he needs something "unique" - which usually happens on every cruise.

Bring a real bar of soap. They provide a little flat disk of soap about the size of a silver dollar and you'll spend more time trying to pick that slippery little sob off the floor than washing with it.

Put a wash cloth in the soap dish then put that slippery little sucker it helps but it still gets a way about 30% of the time[emoji50]

Sent from my iPad using Forums