Thieves on board - Quantum of the Seas

Hey everyone, just a quick warning that there currently are thieves on board of the Quantum of the Thieves (cruising from Barcelona to Dubai).

We had some of the colorful magnet signs we put on our stateroom doors stolen today. It is of course not much material value that was lost, but it sure does ruin the lightheartedness and fun of traveling on board. :(

It has never happened before on any other cruise, but it's symptomatic about how things are on board of this ship. Seriously, who steals door magnets? Pathetic.

There were warnings in the cruise planner about pickpockets in Naples, instead there should be warnings about the thieves that are on board.

Anyways, if you are currently on board, watch your belongings and don't leave anything unattended.

Hey everyone, just a quick warning that there currently are thieves on board of the Quantum of the Thieves (cruising from Barcelona to Dubai).

We had some of the colorful magnet signs we put on our stateroom doors stolen today. It is of course not much material value that was lost, but it sure does ruin the lightheartedness and fun of traveling on board. :(

It has never happened before on any other cruise, but it's symptomatic about how things are on board of this ship. Seriously, who steals door magnets? Pathetic.

There were warnings in the cruise planner about pickpockets in Naples, instead there should be warnings about the thieves that are on board.

Anyways, if you are currently on board, watch your belongings and don't leave anything unattended.

Any kids onboard? Hmmmmmmm

We had our door sign stolen on the Adventure of the Seas. We walked the halls looking for it. Three days later we found it down the hall. Too many kids. Likely the parents found it and the kids forgot where they filched it. Or perhaps it was a drunk adult.

On long corridors the signs are a fun decoration. They also aide in locating the cabin. Too bad there are those among us who lack respect and courtesy.

That is nothing new, we recently cruised on the Serenade. Someone had some very nice magnets made about our cruise and ports, many of them diappeared from the owners doors.

Just a suggestion, but if you have an idea of an approximate time that you noticed them missing, I would let Guest Services know. There are cameras strategically located in the hallways, so Security may be able to determine who took your things off your door.

On our cruise on Allure in February, someone kept ringing our doorbell in the evenings after 9PM. After a quick call to Guest Services, Security got involved and was able to identify the "youngster" that was doing it. Needless to say, we had no further problems.

When our Christmas magnets were stolen on day 3 while on the Independence, my daughter altered this grinch poem and posted it on the door instead.

To whoever stole our cruise door Christmas decorations

It could be, perhaps, that your shoes are too tight. Or it could be that your head wasn't screwed on just right. But I think that the most likely reason of all... may have been that your heart is two sizes too small.

You can take the cruisers' feast, you can take our pudding, you can take the roast beef.

You stole our decorations as quick as a flash. Why, you would even take our last can of cruise hash

But on December 25th, you will see, the cruisers, the tall and the small, will be merry, without any decorations at all!

You won't have stopped Christmas from coming, it came!

Somehow or other... it came just the same.

I see it's a common problem then. (I met a lady today who got her flamingo magnet stolen). No kids on board of this cruise as far as I can tell, and unless they can reach really high, it had to be a very grown kid who took them.

We already went to guest services to report the theft (actually two thefts), and they got the security manager to come over. I expected him to say he would review the security footage, as there is a camera 10 feet from our door. Instead we got a lecture on how it's our fault for putting belongings in public areas.

I must admit that was not the reaction I had expected.

Under these circumstances I doubt they will bother to review the footage, but let's wait and see.

And to those who said they thought this thread would be about RC on-board prices, I know exactly what you mean. :p

Edited by Klunkerkatze

We are just off Celebrity Equinox transatlantic, where a guest was "arrested" for stealing. The third floor cabin was guarded 24/7 by security, and when we arrived at our first port, the offender was removed from the ship. It just demonstrates that one never knows the motives of other travelers. With thousands of guests, there is a good chance of a bad apple.

We are just off Celebrity Equinox transatlantic, where a guest was "arrested" for stealing.

I'm not even expecting that much, being taken seriously by RC staff would suffice. But the deck supervisor who first came to check the incident, when I asked her about checking the security footage, she had this "why are you bothering me?" attitude and just kept giving us one of the most annoyed fake smiles ever and just said yes yes yes over and over in hope of getting rid of us.

And getting lectured by the security officer really took the cake. So according to them, public areas are a free for all? He said if you put things in the corridors, it's your own fault if it gets stolen. But that's where they put the luggage on boarding day!?! Does that mean that if they embark your luggage for you, it's your risk if it gets stolen?

Edited by Klunkerkatze

I thought the purpose of door magnets was to give the children some entertainment as they redistributed them around the ship.

Bit like gnome kidnapping.

Sure, if those children were raised by wolves.

If I put magnets on my door, it could be for many reasons but none of them include entertaining someone's spoiled brats that think it's okay to mess with other people's stuff.

Your post title is "ThieVES on Board.." Just curious how you know it was more than one thief? And was your post intended only for those who are currently sailing with you?

Not to diminish the wrongness of someone taking someone else's stuff - its a big deal and reflects poorly on our society that we have to grin and bear it. But not crazy about the idea of posting that a particular ship has thieves on it. The ship and the line have a reputation and I don't think it should be tarnished unnecessarily. Also, if there really was an unusual, chronic, problem on a particular ship, It would be good to have notice of it without it being watered down by other posts that present themselves to be of that magnitude * when they may not be.

Sorry somebody took your stuff - it stinks. But slandering a ship and its crew might not have been the best response.

* Pun not intended

Edited by nealstuber