What would you wear to Board?

atdahop

I wear my swimsuit under other clothes...shorts/tee....or sundress....whatever. Boarding is not fancy!

You might not be able to access your cabin if you board early, so that's why I wear my swimsuit...so I can hit the pool right away!

Depends on the time of year.

If it is warm where I live, I could travel in capris and sandals, short sleeved shirt with a little jacket because I always get cold on the plane.

If it is cold where I live, I'd fly in long pants, shoes & sox, short sleeved shirt under long sleeved sweater or microfleece, warmer jacket. I'd carry sandals in my carry on, put the long sleeved layer and jacket in the outside pocket of my suitcase when we landed in the warm weather airport.

we just got off that cruise on Saturday, and that seemed the usual temps and the weather was LOVELY!

The day we boarded it seemed a bit hot and humid so I shed my jacket and wore my nice black pants and a light tank top and I felt great and I didn't feel out of place.

Lots dressed like me, along with the above posts too, so it's casual and friendly, everybody milling about.

Make sure it's a cool breathable fabric whatever you choose, and make sure you are comfy in it.

Remember nobody is keeping score or if they are, that is more their problem than yours. Really fun cruising people are interested in having a good time, meeting others from different places and if people are clean and presentable nobody cares.

Have a blast. Dh and I loved it. We were on the Crown Princess and it went to San Francisco, Santa Barbara, San Diego and Ensenada.

San Fran was it's usual cooler and damp self but not cold like I worried about. We were on a bus tour and a couple of spots I was glad of my jacket, but the other places I just wore a sleeveless tank top and pants and I felt great. San Diego was the hottest, I wore a cotton lace shell top there. Santa Barbara dawned cool and cloudy and quickly burnt that off with hot sun by noon. Ensenada was sun with the odd cloud and quite warm.

Perfect weather for each city. Enjoy, we sure did. :)

Are you talking wearing the same thing for sail away? Once, and only once, did I wear a skirt to board and for sail away - never again! I spent more time tugging at my skirt which was flying up in all directions. It was very uncomfortable for sail away, I have to tell you. :o

I would suggest capris or light pants, sandals, cute top. :)

Are you talking wearing the same thing for sail away? Once, and only once, did I wear a skirt to board and for sail away - never again! I spent more time tugging at my skirt which was flying up in all directions. It was very uncomfortable for sail away, I have to tell you. :o

I would suggest capris or light pants, sandals, cute top. :)

Bike shorts are your friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A sundress or capris and a cute top, whichever is more comfortable.

Good advice!

I wore a lightweight maxi skirt and a nice top with a pair of strappy sandals, a straw hat, and sunglasses to board ship on my last cruise out of LA to Mexico. I was very comfortable and my DH and DS (19) thought I looked nice.:D

Thanks for the advice but I wouldn't ever wear them. :) I was just sharing my own experience.

I wear cotton bike shorts under my dresses. Prevents chafing and also allows for security in case of wind.

I always wear a dress or skirt for boarding though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love bike shorts under my favourite crinkle skirts in a beige & black light polyester. Keeps me cooler than capri shorts and that's been a staple on the Panama & Caribbean cruises when I am dealing with heat & humidity. They help smooth me out under my knit dresses too. Love em.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

As always...I would wear shoes that I could do a lot of walking in comfortably. Embarkation always seems to involve a lot of ship exploration following the possibility of lines, etc., and so shoes are the most important thing for me...build an outfit from there.

So, for me, my shoe of choice would end up being Tevas, because that's sandal weather...and that's my walking sandal at this point.

Pockets...the next consideration. Whatever I wear in general must have pockets because I don't like to carry a bag. I would need something that will comfortably deal with my camera in additional to my key card (because embarkation and sail away are one time that I generally like to take a bunch of pictures). For me, in this weather, I wear my golf shorts.

I have a chance to get chilled in this type of weather if there is wind or shade, because I am still more used to warmer temperatures. So I would layer up top. Legs are generally fine...so layers above only. I would likely have a lightweight hoodie (because I love them) and a tank top (or two in layers). If I didn't need the hoodie, I could just tie it around my waist for walking around the ship...but odds are that the air conditioning would make me comfortable.

I would probably also have a sun hat on me...because exploring the ship takes me in and out of the sun and I likely will not reapply sunscreen even though I should...so the hat will be my safeguard to not wreck my trip on day 1 with a burn. Another good reason for the hoodie for me...to cover my shoulders.

That's what I would wear. I might have some back-up plans for attire that day in a carry on.

I always like to wear very comfortable walking shoes/tennis shoes...would wear shirt w/capris...always good to have a cardigan or also like having a scarf in case gets chilly on board once you sail...will also put in carryon our bathing suits to change into and our clothes to wear that night to dinner.