Concierge class get wine?

39august

I just read a post that indicated Concierge class cabins receive a bottle of sparkling wine. Is this correct? I thought only Aqua and suites did.

Yes, Concierge gets a bottle of sparkling wine. Mine was in my room when I arrived, but if it's not there ask for it. I guess the brand varies. My was French and actually ok. But some report something else.

But does AQ still get the sparkling wine? The website used to say "all the amenities of Concierge Class, PLUS..." but it does not say that anymore.

That's true. Hopefully, we will get a bottle of bubbly in Aqua!

You will get a bottle of bubbly in Aqua. Lately, the cabin attendant will ask which night you want your sparkling wine.

It used to be already in the cabin when we boarded. Our last cruise in AQ it wasn't there, so we thought they had discontinued it, which sucked because we like it on the first night (no Elite cocktails so that freebie was nice)...the second day (not even the first night) the cabin attendant asked when we wanted it...um, yesterday!

Now I'll know to ask right away if we don't see it.

If you are not into bubbly, you can ask your cabin steward to exchange it for still wine - they are usually very willing to do so. Also, regardless of bubbly or still, you are allowed to take it to any restaurant without a corking fee.

We are in a CC cabin next month. Everything I have read in regards to the sparkling wine is that it is a brut whatever. We do not care for dry, like at all. Do you think they would be willing to swap it out for something sweeter, maybe an asti? Some cruiselines do it with no problem, others make it rather difficult. First cruise on Celebrity so not sure of their policy.

We are in a CC cabin next month. Everything I have read in regards to the sparkling wine is that it is a brut whatever. We do not care for dry, like at all. Do you think they would be willing to swap it out for something sweeter, maybe an asti? Some cruiselines do it with no problem, others make it rather difficult. First cruise on Celebrity so not sure of their policy.

We asked our steward to just swap it for a white still wine and he came back with a Chardonnay; perhaps if we had requested it we might have been able to get a Riesling. Don't know if they regularly have Asti on board.

We asked our steward to just swap it for a white still wine and he came back with a Chardonnay; perhaps if we had requested it we might have been able to get a Riesling. Don't know if they regularly have Asti on board.

We had been in Concierge on two different Equinox cruises. Both times our steward told us they couldn't exchange the bubbly.

If you bring it to the dining room, you should receive a credit towards a bottle of your choosing. Our attendant asked if we wanted to substitute for a bottle of red or white. We received a white.

Often the room steward will say no. But when you go to dinner, ask the sommelier if you can bring it down another night for the exchange. We haven't had any trouble. You will be offered the "value" to put towards another choice. They'll let you know which you can exchange for.

Yes, Concierge Class does get a bottle of sparkling wine in the cabin. Yes, ask the cabin steward to provide it on ice when you want to drink it. Yes, you can change it for a bottle of red or white wine. You may take the wine to dinner with no corkage fee.

Don't forget that if you want a special brand of wine, you can bring 2 bottles per cabin aboard.

Often the room steward will say no. But when you go to dinner, ask the sommelier if you can bring it down another night for the exchange. We haven't had any trouble. You will be offered the "value" to put towards another choice. They'll let you know which you can exchange for.

What was the dollar amount of the credit?

Thank You

That will be nice. We have a cc cabin on Infinity next Nov as it was actually cheaper than a regular balcony. So will be nice to get the bubbly! we have the pkg included so probably will bring it home, but I love my mimosas on a Sunday morning:D:D

You can take it to your dinning room or Blu, and sommelier would replace it for anything you want using the cost of sparkling wine as a credit... We just came back from Summit and the guy did it for us in Blu

Yes, Concierge Class does get a bottle of sparkling wine in the cabin. Yes, ask the cabin steward to provide it on ice when you want to drink it. Yes, you can change it for a bottle of red or white wine. You may take the wine to dinner with no corkage fee.

Don't forget that if you want a special brand of wine, you can bring 2 bottles per cabin aboard.

I have two cabins for the July 9 sailing...we can bring 4 bottles? Do I have to let them know they are in my luggage or do I just show them when checking in. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have two cabins for the July 9 sailing...we can bring 4 bottles? Do I have to let them know they are in my luggage or do I just show them when checking in. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, you may. We have brought it both in our carryon luggage and in our checked bag, never bothered to tell anybody (they will see the bottle when the luggage goes through the scanner and may or may not ask you to show it to them). If you put it in your checked bag, make sure to use a Wine Diaper or other covering that will cushion the bottle and, if it breaks, absorb the liquid so you aren't ruining your luggage along with everybody else's in the vicinity.:)

Yes, you may. We have brought it both in our carryon luggage and in our checked bag, never bothered to tell anybody (they will see the bottle when the luggage goes through the scanner and may or may not ask you to show it to them). If you put it in your checked bag, make sure to use a Wine Diaper or other covering that will cushion the bottle and, if it breaks, absorb the liquid so you aren't ruining your luggage along with everybody else's in the vicinity.:)

Thank you so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Talked with at least four other Concierge Class cabins occupants on sailing last week. While our cabin steward was excellent (some of theirs were just ok they said), we all had to ask for the bottle to be delivered. If we wouldn't have asked, it would apparently not have been provided. More savings for the line if you don't know or don't ask for it.

If we wouldn't have asked, it would apparently not have been provided. More savings for the line if you don't know or don't ask for it.

It's probably not a case of savings on the wine (probably didn't cost that much) but poential revenue. if you didn't get it (and didn't have a drinks package), you would buy the same bottle at the usual hugely-inflated price.

We don't drink but asked our cabin guy to exchange for bottled water, it took a couple of days but we finally got the water. He said he had to clear it with his boss, seemed like a money maker for the Company but what do I know.