30 minute sunbed rule.

Just back from the Rhapsody OTS and was pleased to see that the 30 minute sunbed rule was enforced.

It was only on the sea days but certainly helped.

The pool staff would walk around and put stickiers on empty sunbeds with a time written on. Then after 30 minutes if they saw anyone looking for a bed would remove towels and let the new people have it.

Ian

When we went to the pool, we saw two seats next to ours (Freedom) with a tag and "8:30" written on it. We did not know what it meant since it was now 10:30 . Shortly thereafter some folks came to the seats, removed the tag and towels and were able to use the seats they may have been vacant for 2 1/2 hours. Looks like at least half the system is working.

ON THE OTHER HAND, a few days earlier, I was in the solarium and walked 20 feet to the bar to get a glass of water. When I returned less than ONE MINUTE later, my towel was gone and someone was saving the chair for their friend. My personal items were on my husbands chair in a different part of the solarium . The only items I had with me were my flip flops and I needed them to get the drink, so I had no personal item to leave on the chair.

It ended well. The person saving the chair offered to give it up. I offered to move to another open chair so the friends could sit together, but they said not to bother as they would be in the pool.

Seem like the cruise line is trying.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Do I take it from this that if I leave my bed to go to lunch, I have to be back in 30 minutes or it will be gone?

I'd say it MIGHT be gone...

1) You don't know if they'll enforce the time limit on your cruise or on that day.

2) You don't know if they'll just have the chair marked and no one is looking for a seat.

It would be nice to your fellow cruisers that you give up your chair if you're going to be gone from the pool deck for an extended amount of time (30 minutes +).

Do I take it from this that if I leave my bed to go to lunch, I have to be back in 30 minutes or it will be gone?

Yes, 30 minutes is RCI's standard policy. If you want to keep using the sun bed you can bring your lunch back to it