Sign and sail card

dave&micki

Have read that on some of the ships ( we will be on the MAGIC end of Sept) that you no longer get sign and sail card at check-in but rather it is waiting for you outside your room?? Is this true ?? where do they put it so only you can get it and does it mean you would have to go to your room to get your card before you purchase anything?????THANKS AND HAPPY CRUISING TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!

Have read that on some of the ships ( we will be on the MAGIC end of Sept) that you no longer get sign and sail card at check-in but rather it is waiting for you outside your room?? Is this true ?? where do they put it so only you can get it and does it mean you would have to go to your room to get your card before you purchase anything?????THANKS AND HAPPY CRUISING TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!

Yes this is true carnival wants to roll this process out thru out there fleet, John Heald said that is has speed up the check in process a lot and they have had great success also. It will be waiting for you outside your door i believe. No you just show your boarding pass and you can make purchases that way! I hope this helps! Happy Cruising!

There are TONS of threads on this. They are in a sealed, tamper evident envelope placed in the little mailbox outside of your cabin when it is ready. Which if you aren't Diamond/Platinum/FTTF is about 1PM. If it is missing or has been opened, go to the Platinum GS line and notify them. Until then you use your boarding pass to purchase things.

It's a great system and no one is going to charge stuff or get into your cabin.

It really is a good system. It takes away the ability from those who don't follow the rules and attempt to gain access to their cabins prior to 1:30pm. This makes life easier for the cabin stewards as well.

ok so what you are telling me is that anyone could get your card then you have to go to guest services to get a new one It sounds like a good idea but wonder how many people have a problem

From reading the many posts on this forum it appears there are extremely few (if any) passengers experiencing a problem with this new system. I understand the anxiety over this but all reports thus far is that it is working well with few issues. :)

ok so what you are telling me is that anyone could get your card then you have to go to guest services to get a new one It sounds like a good idea but wonder how many people have a problem

If you go to your cabin at the time they are ready your card will be there in a sealed envelope. If it is not, or it has been tampered with, you take it to guest services and they will reissue it. If you or anyone else goes to your cabin before they are announced to be ready, the card will not be there. They are not placed there until cabins are released. So if someone thinks to flout the rules and sneak off to their cabin and drop their carryons before cabins are ready, they won't be able to get in. Of course, they could leave the bags outside the door, but that in itself would be an indication they have been naughty. EM

Why would someone want a card that does not work for them? I for one, like to think people are honest. you are on cruise ship not in the hood.

Perhaps you can explain the context of "attacked?"

Yeah, seriously. Attacked? Are they referring to the "boogey man" going into the cabin of the unsuspecting passenger? NOT GONNA HAPPEN! Their card will be missing so they get a new one and the old one is deactivated rendering it useless. Some people are so paranoid!

Yeah, seriously. Attacked? Are they referring to the "boogey man" going into the cabin of the unsuspecting passenger? NOT GONNA HAPPEN! Their card will be missing so they get a new one and the old one is deactivated rendering it useless. Some people are so paranoid!

Not to mention if the boogie man is hiding under the bed because he stole their card to get in to do it, then the guest wouldn't be able to get in the room because there wouldn't be no card to access the room! :eek: <- We're pretending that's a ghost right now, go with it. :')

Not to mention if the boogie man is hiding under the bed because he stole their card to get in to do it, then the guest wouldn't be able to get in the room because there wouldn't be no card to access the room! :eek: <- We're pretending that's a ghost right now, go with it. :')

EXACTLY!!! Your ghost scared me BTW! Now I might have nightmares :p.

Suppose some one made a deal with an unscrupulous employee and got a hold of an envelope that the s& cards are delivered in during their cruise. Then they go to Walmart and buy an inexpensive large rolling bag. I forgot to mention, they are small for an adult. So now they go to the port and during the hectic check in, they steal a luggage tag. Then they attach the luggage tag and zip them self into the suitcase, being careful not to have any liquids or surge protectors with them. The guy running the xray is distracted with all the smuggled alcohol popping up, and misses the homunculus. Now they are loaded as luggage. Once on board they exit the suitcase. They take someones S&S card form the envelope, and let them self into a cabin. They reseal the keys into one of the new envelope's they got from the unscrupulous employee, and return them to the mail slot. Now they hide in the closet with the trashcan or ice bucket. When the passenger comes in the door, WHAM, they are hit in the head with the trashcan. And that is just how easy it is for putting s&s cards in the mail slot to lead to an attack.

Oh and this is only one method, and does not even include the simpler one where you are attacked and replaced by your own clone, created by Carnival scientist after getting your DNA from a cup or glass in the Priority Boarding Lounge. I mean come on, you know they are going after Diamonds first.

Suppose some one made a deal with an unscrupulous employee and got a hold of an envelope that the s& cards are delivered in during their cruise. Then they go to Walmart and buy an inexpensive large rolling bag. I forgot to mention, they are small for an adult. So now they go to the port and during the hectic check in, they steal a luggage tag. Then they attach the luggage tag and zip them self into the suitcase, being careful not to have any liquids or surge protectors with them. The guy running the xray is distracted with all the smuggled alcohol popping up, and misses the homunculus. Now they are loaded as luggage. Once on board they exit the suitcase. They take someones S&S card form the envelope, and let them self into a cabin. They reseal the keys into one of the new envelope's they got from the unscrupulous employee, and return them to the mail slot. Now they hide in the closet with the trashcan or ice bucket. When the passenger comes in the door, WHAM, they are hit in the head with the trashcan. And that is just how easy it is for putting s&s cards in the mail slot to lead to an attack.

Oh and this is only one method, and does not even include the simpler one where you are attacked and replaced by your own clone, created by Carnival scientist after getting your DNA from a cup or glass in the Priority Boarding Lounge. I mean come on, you know they are going after Diamonds first.

Great! Now I have to be suspect of large rolling bags. I think I'll just start punting them to make sure they don't contain any stowaways! Should I yell "Fore!", "Heads Up!", or "Hit the Deck!" to give anyone that happens to be standing down the hall a chance to move out of the way? I think "Fire In The Hole" is a little extreme and unnecessarily alarming :D.

We did this system a few weeks ago and it was great. It cutdown time it takes to get on the ship dramatically. Cards were in a sealed envelope and you can use your boarding pass for purchases until you get your card when room is ready. Your picture is attached to it so no one can take it and use it

How does it work if you have FTTF? I want to have access to my cabin upon entering the ship.

We had FTTF got on the boat and walked to our room the keys were waiting in the box. Other boxes around us were empty as they were not FTTF. We were in our room by 11:45 on Freedom

How does it work if you have FTTF? I want to have access to my cabin upon entering the ship.

If you have priority boarding (Diamond, Platinum or FTTF) your S&S cards will be in your cabin's mailbox upon boarding. If you do not have priority boarding, the S&S cards will not be placed in the cabin's mailboxes until the cabins are ready (around 1:00 p.m.).