Chops breakfast dress question

Sorry for starting a "dress code" thread. If we have breakfast in Chops, is a nice shirt and shorts O.K? Or is there no dress code for breakfast. From what I understand, one of the specialty restaurants will have breakfast for suite guests.

Edited by Cruisehappymn

Sorry for starting a "dress code" thread. If we have breakfast in Chops, is a nice shirt and shorts O.K? Or is there no dress code for breakfast. From what I understand, one of the specialty restaurants will have breakfast for suite guests.

no shirt, no shoes, no service. there is no dress code (outside of the MDR at DINNER only) to speak of. but pool attire is only really acceptable in the Windjammer and only if you have covered up.

I had tank top every day in Chops for breakfast and lunch, did not see any restrictions, also for Johnny Rockets, I would never wear that in the evening on the ship. MDR allowed shorts and t-shirts at dinner on this cruise on Navigator even though there was signs that they were not allowed

I had tank top every day in Chops for breakfast and lunch, did not see any restrictions, also for Johnny Rockets, I would never wear that in the evening on the ship. MDR allowed shorts and t-shirts at dinner on this cruise on Navigator even though there was signs that they were not allowed

Like I said in my post above, consistency with rules/policies is not Royal's strong point. :D

Like I said in my post above, consistency with rules/policies is not Royal's strong point. :D

I agree for MDR, but I never have seen anything against tank tops in RCCL policy for the restaurants in question, again this is for daytime not evening

I agree for MDR, but I never have seen anything against tank tops in RCCL policy for the restaurants in question, again this is for daytime not evening

My point, exactly...whether or not it is in their "policy", sometimes they say OK, sometimes they say no and sometimes they say nothing. I'm not disputing what you say, but from my experience and others who posted here, They are not consistent. :)

no shirt, no shoes, no service. there is no dress code (outside of the MDR at DINNER only) to speak of. but pool attire is only really acceptable in the Windjammer and only if you have covered up.

Sorry to disagree with you, but I (DH) was declined admittance to the MDR for wearing a sleeveless shirt to breakfast on Vision. While it is ok for women to wear any number of sleeveless items, apparently men had to have sleeves.

Now that isn't a rant, I'm not mad, looking to complain or change the "rule", just informing. :D

I asked that very question on our last cruise in a GS and was told don't consider it Chops it's just a private space for suite guests to have a nice breakfast. Chops just happens to be the best location for the needs of the guests and the ship. We usually eat at chops for dinner twice a cruise and I wear a suit, whereas at breakfast I may wear boat shorts and a t-shirt and just don't consider them the same venue. And if this is your first chance to experience this perk my experience has been EXTREMELY positive, It blows away the service and food quality of both the windjammer and main dining room. They have menus now on most ships, but used to just say tell us what you want and we'll make it for you, if they don't happen to be able to accomodate they will go to the WJ and gets the food there. A+ for Suite Chops Breakfast!!

Edited by adam61

I asked that very question on our last cruise in a GS and was told don't consider it Chops it's just a private space for suite guests to have a nice breakfast. Chops just happens to be the best location for the needs of the guests and the ship. We usually eat at chops for dinner twice a cruise and I wear a suit, whereas at breakfast I may wear boat shorts and a t-shirt and just don't consider them the same venue. And if this is your first chance to experience this perk my experience has been EXTREMELY positive, It blows away the service and food quality of both the windjammer and main dining room. They have menus now on most ships, but used to just say tell us what you want and we'll make it for you, if they don't happen to be able to accomodate they will go to the WJ and gets the food there. A+ for Suite Chops Breakfast!!

Glad to hear that. We didn't try it on our last cruise so we will be sure to this time. Thanks