Changes in Platinum/Elite Lounge

Nrknits

Personally would rather get a drink credit voucher from them for one or two free drinks, then the list of drinks they are giving away right now for 6 1/2 dollars.

Ironically at this point I'm more interested in buying the coffee card[emoji4]

When you reach the elite level you can exchange your minibar for 2 coffee cards. ;)

On shorter 4 day cruises we've sailed they gave each passenger a free drink voucher in lieu of having a Captain's Circle party with drinks...we preferred the voucher over the party.

When you reach the elite level you can exchange your minibar for 2 coffee cards. ;)

On shorter 4 day cruises we've sailed they gave each passenger a free drink voucher in lieu of having a Captain's Circle party with drinks...we preferred the voucher over the party.

Prefer the party. Double Drambuie to start and another before we leave.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
Prefer the party. Double Drambuie to start and another before we leave.

Wowie Zowie! I've ordered drinks other than the "stuff on the tray" but never considered asking for a double of anything. I haven't had a Drambuie in a long time. I tend to just ask for a Gin & Tonic as it's safe whereas the "stuff on the tray" is always various sorts of "colorful jive" that isn't all that good or some low-tier wine.

One more thing to remember for our upcoming 28 day with the Sip and Sail. Note to self: Order Drambuie after dinner. :)

Wowie Zowie! I've ordered drinks other than the "stuff on the tray" but never considered asking for a double of anything. I haven't had a Drambuie in a long time. I tend to just ask for a Gin & Tonic as it's safe whereas the "stuff on the tray" is always various sorts of "colorful jive" that isn't all that good or some low-tier wine.

One more thing to remember for our upcoming 28 day with the Sip and Sail. Note to self: Order Drambuie after dinner. :)

My wife orders a Tanqueray and tonic. Get the good gin.

Or perhaps a B&B!

Thrak,

My friend we stock both Drambuie and B&B on the Rowboat. I prefer just Benedictine.

As you know all drinks are free on the Rowboat :D.

The Captain of the Rowboat,

Tony

Looks like this thread took a detour from the original topic. What I am looking forward to seeing is if and when Princess will figure out that the P/E/SH lounge will return back to the unbroken formula of offering the "classic" cocktails at a more reasonable price and ditch the "foo-foo" drinks like putting licorice in a martini. We will be onboard the CB on the 22nd of this month for our first bit of evidence.

We are sailing on this cruise also. We are Elites, but we are not big drinkers. I wish there was a change in the appetizer menu, so I could entice DH to attend more often.

When on the Caribbean Princess this summer I saw the menu for one evening listed onion rings. As we both really enjoy onion rings we were eager to attend. When we arrived we were surprised to find a large bowl of rings of raw onion. On my post cruise survey, I mentioned that in the USA restaurants list battered and deep fried onion rings simply as "onion rings."

Since it was a British Isles cruise, I wondered if the British restaurants mean raw onion when they list "onion rings."

Our favorite items on the menu were the shrimp and the Stilton cheese.

When on the Caribbean Princess this summer I saw the menu for one evening listed onion rings. As we both really enjoy onion rings we were eager to attend. When we arrived we were surprised to find a large bowl of rings of raw onion. On my post cruise survey, I mentioned that in the USA restaurants list battered and deep fried onion rings simply as "onion rings."

Since it was a British Isles cruise, I wondered if the British restaurants mean raw onion when they list "onion rings."

Our favorite items on the menu were the shrimp and the Stilton cheese.

Last year on the CB it was pretty much celery, ranch dip, cheese/crackers every night. Towards the end of the cruise, they did have cocktail shrimp one night. This past May on the PP, it was much nicer as they had not only shrimp but several other individual offerings (lox, etc) on several nights.....:):):)

Bob

When on the Caribbean Princess this summer I saw the menu for one evening listed onion rings. As we both really enjoy onion rings we were eager to attend. When we arrived we were surprised to find a large bowl of rings of raw onion. Since it was a British Isles cruise, I wondered if the British restaurants mean raw onion when they list "onion rings."

This is true no matter where in the world Princess is sailing.

• 2 weeks later...
Drinks are cheap on a cruise:

Grey Goose is $9. At resorts, hotels, las Vegas, anywhere vacationay, anywhere nice, expect to pay more than $12. $16-$20 is fair game. At the renaissance I think the drinks start around $12 for a basic cocktail, but you're getting a heavy pour.

On Princess for $9 you need binoculars to find any liquor in your glass, you need a double to compare to other venues.

Just got off a transatlantic on the Regal. Most everything was great except the E/P/Su cocktail hour. The new drinks are an absolute insult and I said so in my post cruise survey reply to Princess. In addition to posting your comments here you should send them to Princess either in the survey or direct to Customer Services on Princess's web site. Let's do what we can to get the real drinks back for the long time patrons of Princess.

On Princess for $9 you need binoculars to find any liquor in your glass, you need a double to compare to other venues.

Really? I tend to order bourbon or scotch straight up. Usually I get a double and it certainly looks like a double to me. We board Emerald Princess on Sunday and I'll be checking out the beverage package offerings to see if we have the new Premium Beverage Package or if they are still flying under the old AIBP rules. I'll also see if they allow the beverage package to be used at the P/E/S lounge and the Meet & Greet. I certainly would prefer getting "regular" drinks to the new and strange sounding "specialty" drinks.

However it works out I'm thinking we will have a fantastic 28 days of cruising. :D

Really? I tend to order bourbon or scotch straight up. Usually I get a double and it certainly looks like a double to me. We board Emerald Princess on Sunday and I'll be checking out the beverage package offerings to see if we have the new Premium Beverage Package or if they are still flying under the old AIBP rules. I'll also see if they allow the beverage package to be used at the P/E/S lounge and the Meet & Greet. I certainly would prefer getting "regular" drinks to the new and strange sounding "specialty" drinks.

However it works out I'm thinking we will have a fantastic 28 days of cruising. :D

Have a great cruise!! It's on my bucket list!

Looking forward to hearing about your AIBP experience :)