Great News - LIVE - from Royal Princess

Palms2Pines2Sea

All of us on the current Transatlantic woke this morning, October 15, 2016, to find the central stairway FINALLY completed...deck 4 to deck 16.

For those of us who prefer our staterooms in a midship location, this feature is most welcome, and IMHO, long long overdue!

Just wanted to share this with any of you Royal fans. She's a beautiful ship, made more so by this addition.

All of us on the current Transatlantic woke this morning, October 15, 2016, to find the central stairway FINALLY completed...deck 4 to deck 16.

For those of us who prefer our staterooms in a midship location, this feature is most welcome, and IMHO, long long overdue!

Just wanted to share this with any of you Royal fans. She's a beautiful ship, made more so by this addition.

Good news. Thanks for sharing.....:):):)

Bob

The Royal Princess is my favorite ship. I will be on the October 22 sailing.

Yes, it is great news that the central stairway is open for guests. I always book a mid ship cabin and try to avoid elevators.

Edited by sandybeaches44

Wow, I hope you all can get some sleep now! :p

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the update.

As a frequent stair user, I have to say I encounter very few passengers using the stairs. For that reason I always wondered why the fuss with the absence of the mid stairs. My assumption is a very small majority are major complainers.

How many times have you been on a ship that had a center staircase and said to yourself: "This ship would be sooooo much better if it didn't have a center staircase. This center staircase really detracts from the design and function of the ship. I wish they would remove it." I'm guessing never. So how could adding a staircase to a ship that didn't have one be a bad thing? It helps people who want to use the stairs by supplying them with that option. It helps people who won't use the stairs by cutting down on elevator overcrowding. So who loses here? It wasn't a "fuss" that people were voicing. It was common sense. Even assuming that the people who expressed that view here were a minority, the people who will now benefit from having the staircase will be a solid majority. 100% of all people who board a center elevator from here on out will be beneficiaries as will 100% of all people who use the new stairs.

How many times have you been on a ship that had a center staircase and said to yourself: "This ship would be sooooo much better if it didn't have a center staircase. This center staircase really detracts from the design and function of the ship. I wish they would remove it." I'm guessing never. So how could adding a staircase to a ship that didn't have one be a bad thing? It helps people who want to use the stairs by supplying them with that option. It helps people who won't use the stairs by cutting down on elevator overcrowding. So who loses here? It wasn't a "fuss" that people were voicing. It was common sense. Even assuming that the people who expressed that view here were a minority, the people who will now benefit from having the staircase will be a solid majority. 100% of all people who board a center elevator from here on out will be beneficiaries as will 100% of all people who use the new stairs.

How did you conclude from what I said that I felt it was a bad idea to add a center stairs? My only point is there are very few passengers who use the stairs. Perhaps Princess has observed the same thing and this is why they skipped the center stairs. I do agree it is a good option for those who like to take the stairs however few they may be.

How did you conclude from what I said that I felt it was a bad idea to add a center stairs? My only point is there are very few passengers who use the stairs. Perhaps Princess has observed the same thing and this is why they skipped the center stairs. I do agree it is a good option for those who like to take the stairs however few they may be.

They skipped it originally to stay on budget. Apparently it wasn't worth all the negative reviews they got in return.

Nice to know. Thanks for the heads up.

If that's the case why have any stairs for the people to use at all?

They could have saved money all around by eliminating all the public stairs & have them unfinished for the crew only, unless in emergencies.

It would be REALLY, REALLY NICE if all of the 'center stairwell is now complete' threads and posts didn't turn into "another one of those" 1) I can't see why they bothered 2) I never see any one use them 3) I don't use them 4) I use them all the time... debates, and just APPRECIATE that the center stairs are now completely installed for passenger use, whether you use them or not.

I can see ALL sides of the story. We've (us old timers) have been beating this aspect of the Royal Princess' dead horse for years. The new comers are kicking the dead horse to try and see if they can bring it back to life. It's now officially dead.

And hopefully when Regal Princess exits her drydock period next spring that dead horse will be dead. And it's probably safe to say that on Majestic Princess that dead horse is dead.

It's time to bury the dead horse.

:cool:

Edited by dmwnc1959

I just finished laminating our luggage tags for our November 6 cruise on the Royal. Never been on the Royal, but I have seen recent pics and she is beautiful. We're leaving in a couple of days for the Caribbean Princess - New England cruise. Happy to hear about the stairs--more for DH and I to climb!:D

As a frequent stair user, I have to say I encounter very few passengers using the stairs. For that reason I always wondered why the fuss with the absence of the mid stairs. My assumption is a very small majority are major complainers.

My experience on the Regal was that the lack of stairs did lead to a major bottleneck at the midship elevators. I also like to take the stairs for exercise. I got even more exercise by walking forward or aft to use those stairs. For those with mobility issues, the midship stairs will hopefully ease the elevator congestion.

I'll be on the Royal in 6 days!!