Convert Sip & Sail to Credit?

u2harmony

Hello all,

I am leaving in 2 weeks and we just decided to change our Sip & Sail Free Package over to the On board credit as this would work better for us.

Can someone tell me how to do that? Is it done before or after boarding and who should I contact?

Thank you much! :)

Hi, thank you all.

I called Princess today on my lunch break and they made the change for me within minutes. I had booked this cruise well over a year ago, so I wasn't sure if I could still change the promo, but they were very kind and gave us $150 per person in on board credit. :)

I figured even if we had 10 soda and 10 coffees, it still wouldn't have been worth it. The on board credit is much better for us.

Thanks again!

Hi, thank you all.

I called Princess today on my lunch break and they made the change for me within minutes. I had booked this cruise well over a year ago, so I wasn't sure if I could still change the promo, but they were very kind and gave us $150 per person in on board credit. :)

I figured even if we had 10 soda and 10 coffees, it still wouldn't have been worth it. The on board credit is much better for us.

Thanks again!

Was the $150.00 OBC for a 7 day cruise ?

I didn't know that was even possible.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The OBC is very minimal compared to the cost of the AIBP. We leave in October for a 28 day cruise that includes the AIBP which we have because we booked last September under the previous Sip and Sail. The "cost" of the AIBP at that time was $1,577.80 each or a total of $3,155.60. Shortly after that the price of the AIBP went up so it is now "worth" $3,2180.20. I think we could trade that in for something like $300 in OBC. Wow. Whatever. Even if we didn't drink alcohol we could easily be better off just drinking snazzy coffee, getting bottled water for when on shore, having mocktails or juice, or whatever. The OBC is totally pathetic compared to the "value" of the AIBP. Even the Soda and More package for two would cost $450.80 for this cruise.

The OBC is very minimal compared to the cost of the AIBP. We leave in October for a 28 day cruise that includes the AIBP which we have because we booked last September under the previous Sip and Sail. The "cost" of the AIBP at that time was $1,577.80 each or a total of $3,155.60. Shortly after that the price of the AIBP went up so it is now "worth" $3,2180.20. I think we could trade that in for something like $300 in OBC. Wow. Whatever. Even if we didn't drink alcohol we could easily be better off just drinking snazzy coffee, getting bottled water for when on shore, having mocktails or juice, or whatever. The OBC is totally pathetic compared to the "value" of the AIBP. Even the Soda and More package for two would cost $450.80 for this cruise.

Thrak,

The value of the AIBP depends on the individual. We had the AIBP for our Transatlantic and Med cruises a couple of months ago. Then, we were offered a lower price, pre-paid gratuities and some OBC. Although the total was less than the "price" of AIBP, it was more than the value of that package to us. So we happily traded. We have not seen as good of a deal for our upcoming South Pacific cruise, so we still have AIBP for it. I don't expect to get good enough of an offer at this late date.

Is there a $150 p/p credit for any length of cruise or does it depend on the length of the cruise how much credit is applied?

It does depend on the length of the cruise, but the amount increases slowly. You do not get anywhere near the cost of the package.

I think what people are missing when the beverage package is included is the fact that you don't have to drink your way through the cost of the AIBP to make it worth the value. I know on a 7 day cruise my wife and I would spend more than $300 on beverages just drinking coffee and soft drinks. I hate the complimentary ice tea, I don't like the coffee concentrate at the buffet and I'm not about to shlep a reusable water bottle around only to have to walk some place to refill it. With the package I can get real coffee and someone to serve me my soft drinks and cocktails at a table or on deck. Also people forget that the gratuity is included. When you are ordering off of the OBC you still have to add the gratuity which will make the OBC even less of a value. Now if you had to buy the AIBP that would be a different story.

Edited by Iamcruzin

What a deal for Princess !

They let you purchase an AIBP and then only give you back $150 OBC if you want out.

I think they would be willing to do this all the time. ;)

The OP didn't pay for the AIBP. It was included in the Sip and Sail promotion.

Thrak,

The value of the AIBP depends on the individual. We had the AIBP for our Transatlantic and Med cruises a couple of months ago. Then, we were offered a lower price, pre-paid gratuities and some OBC. Although the total was less than the "price" of AIBP, it was more than the value of that package to us. So we happily traded. We have not seen as good of a deal for our upcoming South Pacific cruise, so we still have AIBP for it. I don't expect to get good enough of an offer at this late date.

Now that is a good deal well worth trading for. $300 OBC not so much if you don't drink any of the included beverages.

What a deal for Princess !

They let you purchase an AIBP and then only give you back $150 OBC if you want out.

I think they would be willing to do this all the time. ;)

People who actually purchase the package don't trade it for OBC. It's those who receive it as a perk under the Sip and Sail or some other promo who trade it in. I can't imagine anybody who would actually pay for it and then change their mind. Those folks would simply cancel the package and save their money.

I will follow up with my TA for a definitive answer but was curious what people's thoughts/experiences may have been

I booked with my DH under the Sip and Sail promo as did my friend . She is traveling as a solo cruiser in a balcony and is receiving the promo . Since she is essentially paying the price of 2 fares, but obviously is only one person, (and hence only drinking for one person) ...is she entitled to any OBC (similar to what one person would get back if he/she opted out of the sip and sail AIBP?

It was just a fleeting thought I had as I was reading this. Thanks