Vines: Red Wines Chateauneuf-du-Pape, Maurel & Baudet $ 9.00

Vines: Red Wines Cabernet Sauvignon, Deakin Estate $ 7.25

Vines: Red Wines Cabernet Sauvignon, Sanctuary $ 13.00

Vines: Red Wines Vall Llach Embruix $ 10.00

Vines: Red Wines Petite Sirah, Spellbound $ 7.95

Vines:Red Wines Garnacha, Artazuri $ 7.95

Vines: Red Wines Shiraz, McPherson $ 7.25

Vines: Red Wines Zinfandel, Sextant $ 7.95

Why did I know you would have the answer to this question. I love it :D.

Tony

It looks like flights are offered. Does anyone know the price or if there are other small tastings?

Husband and I prefer sweet wines, and only one is specifically listed as sweet. Several sound very interesting based on the description, but I know if very dry we won't enjoy.

Thanks!

So, Chamisal is still the only Chardonnay at Vines? That is disappointing to me. Not my favorite. I keep hoping that they might expand the choices.

I have photos of the Vines list from the Star in January & there was a Sanctuary Chardonnay ($8).

It looks like flights are offered. Does anyone know the price or if there are other small tastings?

Husband and I prefer sweet wines, and only one is specifically listed as sweet. Several sound very interesting based on the description, but I know if very dry we won't enjoy.

Thanks!

The Gewürztraminer and White Zinfandel are the only two I see as "sweet wines".

There may be some after dinner sweet wines as well, but I'm not sure.

Thanks!

On the Star in January there were 6 different flights (3-2oz servings) priced between $8.25-$10.95 (plus 15%). They also had a $15 Chocolate & Wine Tasting with 3 of each. There were 3 Stammtisch events pairings with wine & food but the photo I took doesn't have a price: White wine & seafood; Old world red & cheese; New world red & tapas.

The Gewürztraminer and White Zinfandel are the only two I see as "sweet wines".

There may be some after dinner sweet wines as well, but I'm not sure.

Gewürztraminer is a light and "slightly sweet" wine. It's not as sweet as a Moscoto. I'm the only person I know who ever orders it. Normally I drink only red wines but once in a while I do enjoy a Gewürztraminer. For a sweet "after dinner" wine I choose Port.

Does Vines offer bottles of wine of higher level quality than many of the glasses on the list that are brands I typically see on my local drugstore and discount shelves ( Estancia, Hogue, Woodbridge, Wild Horse). It would be fun to splurge on something extra special while on vacation if it were available.

Does Vines offer bottles of wine of higher level quality than many of the glasses on the list that are brands I typically see on my local drugstore and discount shelves ( Estancia, Hogue, Woodbridge, Wild Horse). It would be fun to splurge on something extra special while on vacation if it were available.

You can ask the bartender if it's not on the list

They do have a wine list for bottles. I don't have a copy of it, and I don't recall what was included on it.

I know that when we did SHARE they had their own wine menu of bottles that were not available on other parts of the ship and if you have the AIBP, you do get 40% off any bottles purchased in all venues, Vines, MDR, specialty restaurants. The MDR has it's own wine list as well.

I remember the days when I could still get Caymus on Princess for $15 more than the store, but with the discount on the AIBP, the mark up has gone up for a lot of their wines, in my opinion.

If you want to splurge on a nice bottle, I'd bring it from home and pay corkage if consumed in the MDR or specialty dining.

I have photos of the Vines list from the Star in January & there was a Sanctuary Chardonnay ($8).

I tried this on the Caribbean Princess last March. It was so good. :hearteyes: It left a brief taste of caramel on my tongue. What a pleasant surprise.

I hope they offer it on my up coming Regal Princess cruises.

A 'sort of related' question ... if there is a wine on the list that is above the limit for the AIBP, does one pay the entire cost of the drink or the difference between the cost of the drink and the limit of the AIBP. I fear it is the entire drink ...but just trying to confirm. thanks

Gewürztraminer is a light and "slightly sweet" wine. It's not as sweet as a Moscoto. I'm the only person I know who ever orders it. Normally I drink only red wines but once in a while I do enjoy a Gewürztraminer. For a sweet "after dinner" wine I choose Port.

You're not the only one who enjoys Gewürztraminer. I have found that the sweetness level can vary considerably from one winery/vintage to another. Personally, I find it a good complement to spicier cuisine.

A 'sort of related' question ... if there is a wine on the list that is above the limit for the AIBP, does one pay the entire cost of the drink or the difference between the cost of the drink and the limit of the AIBP. I fear it is the entire drink ...but just trying to confirm. thanks

Anything over the cost included in the AIBP requires payment of the full amount - not just the overage.

On the Star in January there were 6 different flights (3-2oz servings) priced between $8.25-$10.95 (plus 15%). They also had a $15 Chocolate & Wine Tasting with 3 of each. There were 3 Stammtisch events pairings with wine & food but the photo I took doesn't have a price: White wine & seafood; Old world red & cheese; New world red & tapas.

Thanks, that sounds good.

The Gewürztraminer might work. I've had some that was good without much "dry" taste, but some that was less sweet too.

We actually do like Moscato with dinner sometimes:eek:. I had to argue some on NCL for them to serve it to us since the waiter kept insisting we wouldn't want it with the meal. I suspect we wouldn't notice the "dry" taste as much with food, but we usually go with fruit/sweet wines (moscato, catawba, niagra, concord, warm spiced apple)

The Gewürztraminer might work. I've had some that was good without much "dry" taste, but some that was less sweet too.

We actually do like Moscato with dinner sometimes:eek:. I had to argue some on NCL for them to serve it to us since the waiter kept insisting we wouldn't want it with the meal. I suspect we wouldn't notice the "dry" taste as much with food, but we usually go with fruit/sweet wines (moscato, catawba, niagra, concord, warm spiced apple)

You really had to argue with your waiter? I mean, beyond a polite "Are you sure? That's not a traditional pairing."

I have no doubt that same waiter would serve you a Pepsi with your meal without batting an eye.

You really had to argue with your waiter? I mean, beyond a polite "Are you sure? That's not a traditional pairing."

I have no doubt that same waiter would serve you a Pepsi with your meal without batting an eye.

I agree that the waiter would have likely served iced tea or a Pepsi, but when we requested Moscato with our meal were told "you don't want that!" He did serve it to us when I insisted, yes we did want it as we had it before and enjoyed it.