Cruising Etiquette.......is there anything I shouldn't do?

Don't become a drunk lush while on the pool deck and sit down with people you don't know. When you become a drunk lush around the pool deck and sit down with people you don't know, you take out your' teeth and put a huge slice of corn on the cob in your' mouth and gum it. When you put a huge slice of corn on the cob in your' mouth and gum it, you have no where to put the mangled cob but on the ashtray by the table. When you put the mangled cob on the ashtray by the table, you get asked to leave our table and don't come back. When you don't get up on your' own, you get yanked out of your' chair and shown the way to the stairs. Don't get shown the way to the stairs, stairs hurt.

I think simple social etiquette is all that's needed. When there's a line for the elevators, don't push your way to the front. Let people off the elevator before pushing your way on. No using your hands at the buffet. Things like that..... just be kind to others and have a great cruise! :D

Dont be the first to be anywhere....no rush, no cutting in lines.........everyone will be taken care of in a timely manner:rolleyes:

Dont try to stop dead in your tracks because people behind you will plow into you.

Try not to "photo bomb" someone elses pictures by walking in front of their camera.

Offer to take pictures of other families with their camera, and they may do the same for you.

Sea Ya

I have heard that it is rude to leave your balcony door open when you sleep, but not if this it true or not. Maybe one of the hard-core cruisers can weigh in on this one :p

Since we don't know who you'll be sleeping with...that's hard to say. ;)

However, what you may have heard is on some ships the air conditioning doesn't work with the balcony open, it must be in the locked position.

Try not to "photo bomb" someone elses pictures by walking in front of their camera.

Add:

If someone is courteous and waits for you to snap the picture before walking between you and your subjects... don't take all day taking the picture. (15 seconds max)

I don't mean rules......no shorts etc. but are there any specific RCI cruising etiquette gaffes I should avoid??

do not bring:

walkie-talkies

kids under 18 years old

cigars

speed-o

short shorts that say "sweet" on the butt

anything else annoying to us senior citizens

do not bring:

walkie-talkies

kids under 18 years old

cigars

speed-o