How many of y'all that cruise Celebrity are from the South?

MCKC

Born in Texas, raised in Georgia. Texas is definitely in the South. Texas BBQ is spicer and beefer and in Georgia.

I enjoy meeting people from all over on our cruises. We have meet wonderful people from Denmark, Germany, UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia, NZ, Argentina and more.

We usually dine early seating at an 8 person table. Enjoy meeting strangers and getting to know them.

Celebrity attracts a well traveled, well educated customer.

From the Volunteer state- remember the Alamo!

That's Tennessee to ya'll others.

Hi Rosalinda

We have not seen you since March 2012 Celebrity S. Caribbean cruise. I notice your 43rd anniversary is upcoming. Liz and I are celebrating 45th in March with Galapagos trip. Happy anniversary

To OP, we live in Western NY, south of most of Ontario. We drove the Natchez Trace from beginning in Tennessee to end in Misssissippi in 2000. We have never snubbed anyone from the south or Texas. We hope to meet more folks in the future from all over the US/world on future trips.

Tom:):)

We have lived in South Carolina since 1986, though my husband is Canadian and I am origially from upstate NY. We have not encountered anyone so rude on any Celebrity sailings we have been on, that is very odd. I am sorry they were so rude to you. Their loss not to continue the conversation and perhaps ultimately, the friendship!

We have lived in South Carolina since 1986, though my husband is Canadian and I am origially from upstate NY. We have not encountered anyone so rude on any Celebrity sailings we have been on, that is very odd. I am sorry they were so rude to you. Their loss not to continue the conversation and perhaps ultimately, the friendship!

Thanks karensc! That's kinda what we thought or maybe because we are younger. Oh well we will continue to sail Celebrity and continue to be friendly to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never come across anyone who acted in the manner that OP describes, upon learning I am from Texas. Maybe they had somewhere else to go.

Texas is definitely a "geographically" Southern state, which is obvious if one looks at a map.

Again "geographically", Texas is not in the Western third of the US, but it was certainly a western state in the sense of the "wild west", ranching, cattle, horses, etc. The King Ranch founded in 1853 is the largest working ranch in the US with landholdings of 825,000 acres.

The area of Texas where I live is further South than Georgia. :D

Baton Rouge, LA - definitely Deep South. We've never experienced anything like that. We don't find too many southerners on our cruises. Usually we find the ship filled with Canadians, people from New Jersey, New York and Florida transplants (is that the correct word) originally from New Jersey or New York!

We have traveled all over Texas and I have to say that I'd consider it both south AND west. Houston and all of east TX is definitely south. Now you go further west through Ft. Stockton to Pecos, and to the oil fields area --- to me that's west.

Around here we jokingly say that anything north of I-20 is north. Well I'm only joking a little.

Claudia - who lives south of I-10 (by two miles)

Well my husband and I just got off our third Celebrity cruise and had a great time. But several times on this trip we would be talking with another couple and once we got to the portion of the conversation about us being from Dallas, the conversation ended immediately. One couple we were on a catamaran with for a couple of hours getting along great, as soon as they found out we were from Texas they got up and moved away from us. We just find it very odd....we are very friendly as are most Southerners. Has anyone else ever had a similar experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's wrong with Texans? Y'all have a nice day!

Southern New England:D

Getting ready for another foot of snow. Kids are happy school is already cancelled for tomorrow.

Oh wow, y'all are having a horrendous winter.

I spent the first 10 years of my life in far North Indiana so I remember the huge piles of snow. It was fun as a kid but I am too much of a pansy now for anything much lower then 60F.

As the saying goes, I wasn't born in Texas but I got here as soon as I could. :)