New Dinner Menu Format on Noordam

Krazy Kruizers

Like I see it, the layout has changed, the daily menu items are now mixed through the others. I think this is more clearer, we were wondering every now and then, if the item was appetizer or starter or main, this is more clear!

I think this is fleet wide or will be. We had this new menu format on the Westerdam at the end of September. I thought it was good to have the Always Available items integrated with the other menu items but it did reduce the number of menu items.

I don't see any reduction in the number of menu items.

There are still 3 appetizers and 4 soups and salads. And there are still 7 entrees.

Yes, the Always Available items are still there -- the starred items.

What I didn't see were the sides that used to be listed under Always Available. Like the Idaho Baked Potato, White Rice, & Steamed Vegetables. Since we never ate in the main dining room, I don't know if you can still get them. I assume that you can.

I don't see any reduction in the number of menu items.

There are still 3 appetizers and 4 soups and salads. And there are still 7 entrees.

Yes, but before there were the same number of menu items not including the Always Available items, so there were seven entrees plus the steak, chicken and salmon. With the new format, the former Always Available items are included.

Sorry I didn't mention it before. I never did get my review done.:o

Oops, I just went back and reread the menu. It looks like there are ten entrees with three of them being from the Always Available. Sorry to add confusion. Maybe they tweaked it since me Westerdam cruise.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

Yes, the Always Available items are still there -- the starred items.

What I didn't see were the sides that used to be listed under Always Available. Like the Idaho Baked Potato, White Rice, & Steamed Vegetables. Since we never ate in the main dining room, I don't know if you can still get them. I assume that you can.

They were available, but we had to ask for them.

(one of our group had a Baked Potato almost every night, and the nights she didn't she got the steamed veggies).

We noticed the menu swap about 1/2 way thru the 11/3-11/13 Noordam as well.

it DID reduce the number of options on the menu, as not all of the "always available" seemed to make it into the main menu (so instead of having a page of always available and a page of "fresh" each day. . . it was suddenly just one big menu).

but as we weren't ordering the "always available" anyways (most of us are foodies who like to try new things), it didn't really affect us.