HMC - 2 stops

Krazy Kruizers

While we were in Florida there was an article in the Travel section of the Sun-Sentinel on Jan 9th about private islands.

The artical mentioned that HAL was considering making 2 visits to HMC on some sailings.

Would you like to visit HMC twice on a cruise and skip a port?

Thanks Lisa - I changed the title and everything took.

Yes.....we'd be thrilled.

Of course, there is always the risk you could not be able to go ashore on both the scheduled days which would leave you with alot of sea days. If you do not like sea days, I would not suggest you book a cruise that offers two stops.

The downside IMO is......there will always be two ships in if they start making two stops. The island is so much better if you get lucky and only have one ship in for your visit.

I would love two stops at HMC. It sure would increase the odds of getting there at least once and it would be a bonus to get there twice.

It wouldn't bother us to miss St. Thomas or Nassau (been there, done that), but would mind missing HMC.

But for full disclosure, I admit I love sea days almost as I love HMC.

I realize I'm in the distinct minority, but I'm not crazy about stopping at HMC even once.

Dave, Don't feel bad you are not in a single minority I agree. My ideal day at HMC would be to be to watch if from my balcony on the ship. Maybe if my first experience at HMC would of been better but the weather was cold and windy and the water was freezing. I love to look at a beach but to get wet and get sand all over me just is not that fun. I think it is too much trouble to get rid of the sand.:o I actually would not mind all sea days with maybe just one stop.

Absolutely, but my response is based solely on, surprise, the diving! It was such a fantastic dive I booked a second one for the afternoon the day we were there...And there's no more perfect surface interval than lying on the beach staring out at that blue, blue water while reading a book in my clamshell...But if I didn't do that, then no, one stop would probably be enough.

Nikki

I'd be in heaven stopping at HMC for 2 days on a 10 day itinerary. I suspect that is because I am a landlocked beach junkie! It is the perfect relax beach day, and I equate that with my Caribbean cruises. A stop at the beginning and end of the voyage would be fantastic!:cool:

On a ten day itinerary it would be excellent to stop on the way out and the way back. But I would be just as happy to see every itinerary include HMC as the last stop on the voyage. (I have noticed trips leaving from Tampa have no stops at HMC and Norfolk return has it as the first stop).

When I took the 3 day President's cruise to HMC, I talked to with several corp people, one of which was in charge of revenue. We discussed a 2 day stay at HMC. I was told that would be very hard because there is a bad mosquito problem in the Island when the sun goes down (now I know why we depart always before sundown), but they were considering stopping twice.

I am one that would be in favor of that concept.

If they're going to stop twice at HMC, they should spread the chairs MUCH further down the beach. A private island is not much fun when 3,000 or more people are crowded into the first few hundred yards of beach.

HAL should use the whole beachfront to create a better experience for those stopping. If they would do that, I would love to go there twice on a cruise. Otherwise, if two ships are in port, forget it, I'm not getting off again.

Beth

I agree with you but there really is no reason we can't grab a lounge and pull it to wherever we wish to sit. If you have difficulty doing that for yourself, you probably could find a steward who would help you. While I know that is 'not their job', I don't think they would refuse your request.

On a ten day itinerary it would be excellent to stop on the way out and the way back. But I would be just as happy to see every itinerary include HMC as the last stop on the voyage.

Hmm, that would have added about 10 more days to our R/T San Diego cruise, so YEAH!, I'm in favor of that. :rolleyes:

Nope. No, thanks. I know that many people really like HMC, but I'm with Dave. It's a nice beach, but I'm not crazy about stopping there even once. I'd like to skip a port and add another sea day. More sea days, please!:)

Absolutely not, and that does not mean we don't enjoy HMC.

I think it would depend upon the length of the cruise. If a 7-day ... no, twice to HMC would be a bit much ... I'd rather visit another island in lieu of the second stop at HMC. But, if we're talking a 10 to 14-day cruise ... yeah, a second trip to HMC on the way back would be great!

Blue skies ...

--rita

On a b-2-b-cruise it's the normal case. Last time on our 1st visit to HMC, it was raining and the beach was empty. Even the market place was flooded.

So we were glad, to have a 2nd chance. And the 2nd HMC visit was in the way we always expect: sunny and warm.

Lieselotte and Dieter

I'm with some of the others here .... once IS enuff.

Even tho I'm a beach bum, HMC will suffice as a 1 day stop on a 7-day. On the other hand, if it was a 10 or 11 day, HMC and a visit to one of the islands in the Turks and Caicos .....

Now THAT would be a beach bums dream vacation!

Archived