Celebrity's new ads: update from Dan Hanrahan

Dan Hanrahan

Hello,

I want to thank you all again for the candid dialogue and questions on the boards last week about our new ad campaign. Your feedback encouraged us to do some additional research -- and to use a different methodology than our prior research. And we got some interesting results. We found that a number of people interpreted "X the rules" exactly as it was intended: To creatively convey what makes Celebrity so special and distinct, and to make our iconic "X" synonymous with the best in cruising. But, there were other consumers who interpreted the line in a way that was not our intention at all. So, we have decided to move away from the "X the rules" ads. You'll see some modifications by this time tomorrow on our web site, as well as in future advertising. Since I had the opportunity to address many of your questions on this topic last week, I wanted you to be among the first to know. And as always, thank you for your passion and support of the Celebrity brand.

Dan

It's very gratifying to see a large corporation (and it's CEO) engage their customer base and listen to them.

It won't take much to remove any confusion and make this a much more effective campaign.

Thank you for talking with us (and, more importantly, listening).

Dan,

It's great to see you on CC not only to host a QA session but more so to come back and update the CC community.

Regardless of whether or not one likes the "X the rules" campaign, what is commendable is that you listened to opinions and reacted to them.

Kudos to you for engaging us and for following up.

Thank you for the update. It is appreciated and I am looking forward

to seeing the new ad.

I agree with Joe....Kudos to you and Celebrity for keeping this community

informed of the new decision.

Hello,

I want to thank you all again for the candid dialogue and questions on the boards last week about our new ad campaign. Your feedback encouraged us to do some additional research .Dan

IMO, that is very classy Mr. Hanrahan. :)

Good Evening Dan,

Thank you for sharing your insights, and decision with our Community. As always, I'm very pleased to hear that Celebrity is listening to their Guests, and taking our passion and input seriously. That's one of the many reasons why Celebrity will always be special to us.

Thank You for your outstanding leadership !

I was on The Solstice Jan 16-23 when the "X-The Rules" came out. In a way I was already X'ing the rules. We did not go to the Dining room we did not attend any shows in the Theater nor did we go on any shore excursions.We did not break any cruise rules we just did't do a traditional cruise and we had a great time. We wanted a relaxed cruise without a schedule to follow.

I agree that you do not want people breaking rules that affect the cruise for other people and the cruise staff.

Hello,

I want to thank you all again for the candid dialogue and questions on the boards last week about our new ad campaign. Your feedback encouraged us to do some additional research -- and to use a different methodology than our prior research. And we got some interesting results. We found that a number of people interpreted "X the rules" exactly as it was intended: To creatively convey what makes Celebrity so special and distinct, and to make our iconic "X" synonymous with the best in cruising. But, there were other consumers who interpreted the line in a way that was not our intention at all. So, we have decided to move away from the "X the rules" ads. You'll see some modifications by this time tomorrow on our web site, as well as in future advertising. Since I had the opportunity to address many of your questions on this topic last week, I wanted you to be among the first to know. And as always, thank you for your passion and support of the Celebrity brand.

Dan

Dan,

Congratulations and thank you for listening. It's nice to know that a CEO is able to take time to actually listen to his customers, it also shows us how much you care.

I'm looking forward to sailing on the Constellation even more now!

Bruce

Wow! Nice to see a CEO take charge when things don't pan out as expected. I'm impressed with Celebrity, and now I'm impressed with the leadership of my favorite cruise line!:)

"X" the officer, "rules"!

Kel

Archived