Which would you pick and why- Oasis or Allure?

The ships are virtually identical now.

Pick Oasis if you want to cruise Saturday to Saturday or prefer Cats to Mamma Mia.

Pick Allure if you want to cruise Sunday to Sunday or prefer Mamma Mia to Cats.

Hello, we are trying to decide between the Oasis or the Allure, we know they are similar, but would you pick one over the other? The trip will be mainly just for the ship, not the ports.

Thanks in advance.

We have not sailed either yet, but will likely sail Oasis in the not to distant future. It is moving to Port Canaveral, and it is much easier for us to cruise from that port. We can drive from Atlanta. I don't know if flights from California to either port would be a factor for you? Or when you are looking at sailing.

Everyone has given you excellent advice. Just want to suggest one other option. I do not know WHEN you want to cruise, but have you taken a look at the BRAND NEW sister ship, the Harmony? Some great prices are available right now....I am sure they will double in price in the very near future. lol :eek: I did a comparison in pricing with all three ships and they are all pretty comparable.

We have not sailed either yet, but will likely sail Oasis in the not to distant future. It is moving to Port Canaveral, and it is much easier for us to cruise from that port. We can drive from Atlanta. I don't know if flights from California to either port would be a factor for you? Or when you are looking at sailing.

When is it moving to port canaveral?

Hello, we are trying to decide between the Oasis or the Allure, we know they are similar, but would you pick one over the other? The trip will be mainly just for the ship, not the ports.

Thanks in advance.

I've made this decision 3 times now. I haven't' read your replies yet, but I know what many of them will be. The first time we made the choice we chose Allure because we like to cruise on our Anniversary and we wanted to do the Eastern itinerary. That meant Allure.

Assuming you are thinking about Allure while she is in Port Everglades and Oasis is still sailing from the same port, we highly enjoyed coming into Fort Lauderdale early so we could be on the beach and watch Oasis sail by! That was fun.

Today, there is less difference between Oasis and Allure. The Samba Grill on Allure is one big difference, but I did it once and am debating if we would do it again. We want to do the same itinerary for our 35th anniversary and this time it will be Oasis.

It use to be the Boardwalk Doghouse :D for us, OK maybe just me, but now they both have them so this time it was price and itinerary.

That has been our go to boarding spot avoiding the Park cafe and WJ, relaxing lunch (weather has been great both times) and then to the beach pool!

Thanks in advance.

That's a good thing, because their port options are limited and not that great............ :)

Edited by bouhunter

If it matters any to you, one plus for Oasis over Allure is that the artwork is better. Allure has more enlarged photos, whereas Oasis has a fair amount of hands-on artwork, i.e., paintings, sculpture, and mixed-media items. For me, this contributes overall to the appearance and ambiance of the ship.

I realize it's not a factor most people who take a cruise consider, but often toward the end of a cruise, especially on sea days when there is more time to just wander and explore, I find myself heading up and down the stairwells to enjoy the artworks there, as well as the smaller installations and individual pieces found in the corridors.

Thanks in advance.

We picked Oasis, because it leaves on Saturday.

If it matters any to you, one plus for Oasis over Allure is that the artwork is better. Allure has more enlarged photos, whereas Oasis has a fair amount of hands-on artwork, i.e., paintings, sculpture, and mixed-media items. For me, this contributes overall to the appearance and ambiance of the ship.

I realize it's not a factor most people who take a cruise consider, but often toward the end of a cruise, especially on sea days when there is more time to just wander and explore, I find myself heading up and down the stairwells to enjoy the artworks there, as well as the smaller installations and individual pieces found in the corridors.

It may not be a major factor, but I'm glad you posted this. With 3 sea days and my propensity to use the stairs, I know Allure's artwork really well. I'll look forward to just walking around checking it out. I'm always looking for a theme for my trip reports.

art.jpg

Like you, I did find myself walking up and down hallways looking at the art on Freedom last May. I believe they added a lot of Space- NASA related art when she moved from Miami to Port Canaveral.

Edited by BillOh

If flying is necessary, I most likely would base my decision on price and schedule to fly to Ft. Lauderdale or to Orlando. I know for us it is less expensive to fly to/from Orlando than Tampa as both are relatively close to us.

We sailed the Allure and have a reservation on Oasis for Dec. 2016 when she moves to Port Canaveral. Much shorter drive for us.

Their ports are not in the mix and neither sails to ports we haven't visited many times. Will just enjoy the ship and all it has to offer.

Can't go wrong with either.

I prefer the Oasis over the Allure is because I like the Staff/Crew on Oasis better.

Same here. We have done them both twice now and we like the staff on Oasis better, especially the Sports Deck, which is where we spend most of our time.

I prefer the Oasis over the Allure is because I like the Staff/Crew on Oasis better.

I was wondering about that, I was so disconnected from the crew/staff on the Allure and went on the Oasis and I felt like it was home., can't say enough about the people at the starbucks, they were so friendly as so were everyone else

It may not be a major factor, but I'm glad you posted this. With 3 sea days and my propensity to use the stairs, I know Allure's artwork really well. I'll look forward to just walking around checking it out. I'm always looking for a theme for my trip reports.

art.jpg

Like you, I did find myself walking up and down hallways looking at the art on Freedom last May. I believe they added a lot of Space- NASA related art when she moved from Miami to Port Canaveral.

I'm not sure that they do it any longer, and there wasn't one on Allure, but when we were on Oasis some years ago, they had an art tour, led by one of the staff. We walked all through the ship, including the promenade, Central Park, and the dining rooms. The guide talked about the process of selecting the artwork and some specific pieces, and pointed out many things we probably would never have noticed. One of the fascinating facts was that the bronze tree sculptures on Oasis and Allure on the Promenade are in part counterweights for the Rising Tide bars.

Edited by CntPAcruiser