Is it reasonable to have to vacate cabins at 7am on disembarkation?

AnOnymously

Is 7am a reasonable time to expect passengers to vacate cabins when disembarking?  

858 members have voted

1. 1. Is 7am a reasonable time to expect passengers to vacate cabins when disembarking?

I don't need to read 27 pages to give you my opinion ... do I?

Anyway, I thought 8 am was bad enough as I am usually just stirring at that hour, on a cruise. When I read 7 am, my jaw dropped.

In our original info on Silhouette in Dec., it said 8 am (bad enough for me, remember); then when returning to our cabin at about 10:30 pm, it said SEVEN. I could not manage it (nor could our excellent stewardess clean all of her cabins at 7 am, either).

I do not need early access to the ship or my cabin. If embarkation begins at 12:30 and my cabin is ready at 3 pm, I am totally happy.

But I have a much better story. We recently disembarked from a five-day on Independence of the Seas. Embarkation began at 12:30. We arrived at 12:30, were on board by a about 1 pm, and on the way up to the Windjammer, clever husband stopped in the cabin to drop off his carry-on. Yes! it was READY.

It gets even better. What time were we asked to vacate our cabin on disembarkation day? The very civilized NINE a.m. So, if Royal Caribbean can do this for 4500 pax, why can't the S class ships do it for 3000? And, btw, most cabins were already vacated well before 9 am, but not all. Actually, this time, I did set my alarm for 7 am, b/c we had to be someplace. I survived.

First world problem.

Our do not disturb sign was removed at turndown the night before disembarkation. Annoying. However, we were pleased we did not have to vacate before 8. Just off Infinity.

We put the do not disturb sign on the door when we went to dinner the last night. Our suitcases were on the bed mostly packed but we needed to add dinner clothes to one and shoes to the other.

The steward came in anyway and took our things out of the minibar and locked it.

This was before 8:00 pm.

Who else would the do not disturb be meant for??????

Turn your computer and monitor upside down, which is right side up here in North America. See if that helps. :D

I will try that too!

Nope, just made myself dizzy. :D

Searching for Celebrity USA on FB always redirects me to here: .......... /CelebrityCruisesAUSNZ/?brand_redir=92998025878

Edited by Pushka

And this is why Celebrity is advertising a 7am time now. If everyone on the deck doesn't leave until an hour later than requested, then it creates a problem.

Has anyone see any posting on their Facebook page about it? I've looked sporadically but haven't seen any complaints about this publicly.

Let me be clear. We were never ever asked to be out by 7. 8o'clock was the guide line. And we're told that we could leave bags there until ready to disembark. Then room stewards could still come in if they wanted/needed to start doing the rooms, a couple of small carry ons in the corner isn't a problem.

But they did not (by their own choice) guessing they bit different here in Aus, more laid back and easy to get along with.

Sheesh. High horse. :eek:

Edited by tassie cruiser

And this is why Celebrity is advertising a 7am time now. If everyone on the deck doesn't leave until an hour later than requested, then it creates a problem.

Has anyone see any posting on their Facebook page about it? I've looked sporadically but haven't seen any complaints about this publicly.

I did post something, basically asking if it was true and if it was ship specific; it was deleted.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have not read all 515 responses, but here is what happened to us 2 days ago:

Literature said out of cabin by 7. (groan). What made it worse, was that the Elite breakfast lounge would not be open until 7:30!!!!

The night before, we went to the early show, where the ditsy cruise director tells everyone in the audience that they had "worked it out" and that we didn't have to be out of the cabins until 8!!! Yeah!!!

The next morning early there is a PA announcement reminding everyone that they have to be out of the cabins by 7!

I called Guest Relations and told them about what the CD had said the night before..."she was mistaken"...was the response.

Talk about a mood swing bummer for the last day.

I'm so sorry that happened to you!

What an awful way to end a cruise and how stupid are they to leave that bad taste in everyone's mouth!

Just the fact that the CD announced they had "worked it out" tells me that there must have been a LOT of complaints. :(

We are on an upcoming B2B and a 7am announcement on turnaround day will NOT be welcome! (I just realized that announcement was probably WAY earlier than 7 !!! :mad: )

I did post something, basically asking if it was true and if it was ship specific; it was deleted.

So that's why we're not seeing anything on FB - just delete what you don't want anyone to see. :(

Thank heaven we have different opinions and also the freedom to make up our own minds and make choices accordingly.

We can like or dislike the 7 AM time, or all the many changes enumerated on this thread and others.

We can quietly accept the changes noticed over the years,

We can voice our opinion and still accept them,

We can quietly choose another cruise line,

We can voice an opinion and choose another line. (our choice)

I think we can agree to disagree about whether changes are important or unimportant, whether they are deal breakers or not.

Whatever anyone feels about any of this, enjoy every one of your cruises as much as we have in the past 17 years and intend to for quit a few more..

HAPPY SAILING

bosco

Let me be clear. We were never ever asked to be out by 7. 8o'clock was the guide line. And we're told that we could leave bags there until ready to disembark. Then room stewards could still come in if they wanted/needed to start doing the rooms, a couple of small carry ons in the corner isn't a problem.

But they did not (by their own choice) guessing they bit different here in Aus, more laid back and easy to get along with.

Sheesh. High horse. :eek:

If 8 o'clock was the request and you and everyone on your deck stayed until 9am, that is an issue. It's this practice that ruins it for the rest of us. Of course the stewards are going to say it's ok, but obviously their bosses think differently or we wouldn't be seeing this 7am time.

Even before the ship docks, the pools are closed, the MDR is closed. All the shops and venues are closed. The problem seems to be that guests want to stay in bed later. Personally, we have everything laid out and ready and it enables us to get an earlier flight home. We go to breakfast VERY early on the last morning or wait and eat the continental breakfast furnished to hold us over until we get to the airport. We eat and usually leave our carry on in the corner of the cabin close to the door and let the steward know we are going to eat and will be back to pick up the carry on. When we come by, sometimes he's already busy getting our cabin ready. That's fine with us and he knows we will be back to use the bathroom and grab our bag. Everything in the cabin has already been checked (the night before) to make sure we have everything we need. We make a quick stop by the cabin, grab our bag and go to the bathroom one last time before heading up to get off the ship and make a mad dash for the airport. We don't have the luxury of a short drive home when we get off the ship. Maybe that's the ones who want use of the cabin later???

If 8 o'clock was the request and you and everyone on your deck stayed until 9am, that is an issue. It's this practice that ruins it for the rest of us. Of course the stewards are going to say it's ok, but obviously their bosses think differently or we wouldn't be seeing this 7am time.

Though if that is the reason for applying this draconian 7am depart. It could well backfire, because those who usually stay late will continue to do so and those who feel it unreasonable may decide to make up their own departure time and once you are overstaying 8am or 9am makes little difference.

Thank heaven we have different opinions and also the freedom to make up our own minds and make choices accordingly.

We can like or dislike the 7 AM time, or all the many changes enumerated on this thread and others.

We can quietly accept the changes noticed over the years,

We can voice our opinion and still accept them,

We can quietly choose another cruise line,

We can voice an opinion and choose another line. (our choice)

I think we can agree to disagree about whether changes are important or unimportant, whether they are deal breakers or not.

Whatever anyone feels about any of this, enjoy every one of your cruises as much as we have in the past 17 years and intend to for quit a few more..

HAPPY SAILING

bosco

Amen.

I think it is ridiculously early. 8 was early. I would rather the boarding time be moved to noon. Why was it changed, what is different now? RCI has only had one cabin attendant for years and they manage turn-around with a 1:00 room access time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would you please come back and tell us IF this has been communicated to all of your ships and if so, when was it communicated?

Thank you.

It was brought to our attention that guests were asked to leave their staterooms on disembarkation day at 7am earlier this month. The ships have been advised to move this time to 8am as per our standards.

It was brought to our attention that guests were asked to leave their staterooms on disembarkation day at 7am earlier this month. The ships have been advised to move this time to 8am as per our standards.

This is excellent news. Thankyou.

However I am curious to know, given this involved more than 1 ship, where the direction originally came from.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for listening!!!