Sitting in CK now. Do I tip?

We have been told by guest relations on the OASIS and by Crown & Anchor that Coastal Kitchen servers do not share in the gratuities placed on our ship accounts. ???

Last year a friend of ours wanted to remove the waitstaff tip that was charged daily on the Oasis. He then wanted to give this amount to the Coastal Kitchen waitstaff. The Coastal Kitchen Hostess told him this was not necessary. They are in the same tip pool as the other waitstaff through out the ship.

We have been told by guest relations on the OASIS and by Crown & Anchor that Coastal Kitchen servers do not share in the gratuities placed on our ship accounts. ???

Last year a friend of ours wanted to remove the waitstaff tip that was charged daily on the Oasis. He then wanted to give this amount to the Coastal Kitchen waitstaff. The Coastal Kitchen Hostess told him this was not necessary. They are in the same tip pool as the other waitstaff through out the ship.

^^^ This.

Which one Carol?

The first post you quoted says they don’t share in the tip pool and the second post says they do.

But my little arrows point to the one directly above. :D

They share in the pool. They are always happy and grateful to receive more cash.

I eat "all over" CK, so I have many different servers. In that case, I give an envelope to the maitre d' and ask him to distribute it. :)

But my little arrows point to the one directly above. :D

They share in the pool. They are always happy and grateful to receive more cash.

I eat "all over" CK, so I have many different servers. In that case, I give an envelope to the maitre d' and ask him to distribute it. :)

Call me a cynic! But I would guess that that envelope was "distributed" straight into the Maitre'ds pocket.

Call me a cynic! But I would guess that that envelope was "distributed" straight into the Maitre'ds pocket.

Have you eaten in CK and interacted with the staff there?

I disagree completely with your assessment of their characters.

:(

Considering that dining staff are moved between venues as needed, I would've found that info highly questionable. Who would want to work in there if they didn't share in the daily grats?

That would make sense as the hostess always asked us for our room number. That must be a way to ensure the ck staff get part of the daily gratuities.

Enjoy your star class suite this sunday. Wish we could be there with you and sandy! I know one person in my family is dying to get a star suite.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Thanks all! My next question (for which I'm about to go search) is what would be appropriate to tip concierge & cs waitstaff on last night, since they are not in the pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are served by many different waiters, so we tip in cash for each drink served when it is served. Common amount is one dollar per drink. They do remember the ones that are tipping. ;)

• 1 month later...
We are served by many different waiters, so we tip in cash for each drink served when it is served. Common amount is one dollar per drink. They do remember the ones that are tipping. ;)

They do know and do remember. We do b2bs several time a year and eat at least 75% of our dinners in CK. From our observations passengers get attention/priority in this order;

Pinnacles

Tippers

Non-tippers

On our last b2b on Oasis there was a high number of Pinnacles and the wait staff, both bar servers and waiters, bent over backwards to get to them first and often. We observed some Pinnacles tipping for drinks and dinner while others did not appear to do so. I guess wearing their Pinnacle pins was enough to draw the priority attention. byw...the Pinnacles kept to themselves and their fellow Pinnacles (not friendly) and didn't really react to us lower level passengers. On past b2bs we did not tip per drink/dinner in CK/Suite Lounge and learned that while they would eventually work their way to you we were in no way a priority, even though we were D+ and in a full Suite. Once we started tipping ($1.00 per drink per person) and $10.00 for two at dinner things changed...got a better table location and got bar staff to ask us what we wanted to drink quickly after we sat down. What we are charged in tips for our Owners Suite isn't cheap and it should be enough with the exception of tipping extra for extraordinary service, but from our experience that is not the case, at least in the CK/Suite Lounge.

In Coastal Kitchen, we always tip at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We were told by one of our favorite servers that we do not have to tip them because they are part of the general waitstaff pool. We still continue to tip because the service is excellent!!!!