No more 24hr free room service ?!?

rpyne

Oh really, the announcement was just over a month ago, so for those who don't scour the news daily it isn't new. Before posting, I searched these forums and couldn't find any mention of it.

Also, they are still advertising it

image.png

Throughout the rest of their site, the term 'INCLUDED' means that it is included (free) in the cost of the cruise.

I have to agree with RPyne on this one... if you go to the Dining area on the Carnival site, all the free restaurants show 'INCLUDED' if there's no charge, and '$ Additional' if there's a cost.

I can't copy the page here, but if you look at other dining selections there, this is the standard it follows. So it seems that they need to update their page to show an * beside the 'Included' statement that says '$ during certain hours'.

Carnival could disclose in bold, flashing, neon lights, and some people still wouldn't read.

I believe the free continental breakfast service begins at 5am?

Decided to search on "room service" on Carnival.com and Voila!

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2248/kw/room%20service

Seems clear enough,

Isn't it true that for some items (like chicken wings) there's always an extra charge? :confused:

The link to the Room Service menu is perfect for answering questions about the new complimentary/$ menu. It does indicate the wings always are a small charge.

Carnival could disclose in bold, flashing, neon lights, and some people still wouldn't read.

I believe the free continental breakfast service begins at 5am?

Decided to search on "room service" on Carnival.com and Voila!

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2248/kw/room%20service

Seems clear enough,

Couldn't agree more!! smh

As someone who usually vacations in Las Vegas, I see cruising as a very well priced mostly inclusive opportunity to relax and rejuvenate. I am not an experienced cruiser, this is my 3rd in 3 years, so I don't have a sense of cutbacks. Everything I see on this cruise and in these threads seems reasonable. There are so many opportunities to eat that a few dollars cost of late night room service seems minor.

Have to admit, I've never used room service, just too many timely alternatives to have done so. But always nice to know it is there, small fee or not, if I wake up hungry in the middle of the night and don't want to get dressed for pizza. I'm traveling solo, so plan on spending meal times among fellow cruisers, not in my room.

Slightly off topic, but what do others feel about leaving trays in the walkways? Seems they could be a hazard. I've heard it is best to leave the tray in the room and it will be bussed for me.

Edited by comiso13
Adding to post

So you can pay thousands of dollars for a cruise and you have a problem with paying for a room service charge for a late nite delivery which you probably don't need at all, and you have a problem?

Pay the money and enjoy your food or just go to bed

So you can pay thousands of dollars for a cruise and you have a problem with paying for a room service charge for a late nite delivery which you probably don't need at all, and you have a problem?

Pay the money and enjoy your food or just go to bed

I never read that the OP had a problem with it... it was just something they didnt know. and the advertising on the site is misleading at best... they have 2 categories... one that says 'included' and one that says '$$'. and the room service says 'included' so anyone reading that would believe room service is free all the time.

I personally dont think its a big deal but some might and the OP didnt say it was a big deal or not. just that they didnt know it and the website was misleading which it is