Question for Long-Time Celebrity Cruises (Reference past cruise points)

Not sure when the system changed (a long time ago), but trying to make sure my Captain's Club Points are correct. Some of my cruises are in old format (i.e. -- 1, 3, 1 etc); some in new format (i.e. -- 70, 35, 70 etc). Does anyone know what the "old format" translates to in the new format?

Does anyone know what the "old format" translates to in the new format?

I believe the conversion was that each cruise credit converted to 30 points. :)

I believe the conversion was that each cruise credit converted to 30 points. :)

That is correct. If memory serves, 7 day cruises got 1 point, cruises more that 7 days got 2 points, and if your cabin was concierge or above, you got 1 extra point. They were called credits before 2013 ish.

That is correct. If memory serves, 7 day cruises got 1 point, cruises more that 7 days got 2 points, and if your cabin was concierge or above, you got 1 extra point.

I believe it was 12 days or more for the extra point. And, that was added later. At first any length cruise got one point. You could get a maximum of 3 points per sailing. :)

The conversion happened November 23, 2013, according to the chart I keep to keep track of my points. Your complete sailing history should be available in the Captain's Club. I monitor mine because they don't always give you the correct number of points. I just spent 3 weeks on the Connie as a solo and was not awarded double points. Per call to Captain's Club, they will fix this. But it generally takes a phone call each time.

I believe it was 12 days or more for the extra point. And, that was added later. At first any length cruise got one point. You could get a maximum of 3 points per sailing. :)

Correct. I took a 14-day cruise in a suite on the Zenith in 2000 and got only a single credit. That was converted to 30 points in the new system, whereas under the current system it would have been worth 112 points.

If you are calculating, when they switched over some got 30 points as sort of a bonus

We never got any bonus points when they switched over. Did everybody get them. Is it still possible to get them retroactive. That would be great since I'm short 20 to the next level.

We never got any bonus points when they switched over. Did everybody get them. Is it still possible to get them retroactive. That would be great since I'm short 20 to the next level.

II am fairly certain (but I am old) that the bonus was related to how close to were to getting to a certain level. For instance if you would have receive the Elite Level on your next cruise, then they wanted to make sure that you were not penalized for the conversion to the new system.

You did not have to ask for the “bonus”

Celebrity also ran a special where you could get 25 extra points by booking a new cruise within a certain time frame that is long gone.

No, not everyone, and there’s no way to tell if it’s too late without you applying to Captain’s Club for an answer.

Just got off the phone with Captains club....no way could I get it now. :(

Thanks all. Now I’m going way back ... do any of you remember if you got extra points for founder’s club?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, I remember that I did not get extra points for being a founder’s member.

Just got off the phone with Captains club....no way could I get it now. :(

Did you just ask them to add 20 points to your account?

You will have the points soon.

Did you just ask them to add 20 points to your account?

You will have the points soon.

I tried everything.....Apparently I was not close enough at the time for them to move me to net level.

All the above responses look correct to me. In my (our) case, I received 3 points in the old system on a 14 night cruise because we were in a suite. Otherwise, in a shorter cruise, received 2 points also due to staying in a suite. This was on the Mercury. We were not allotted any bonus points in the conversion.