Noise on deck 8 staterooms Oasis

coldflame

Hey all,

Was able to book a guaranteed Ocean-view Balcony on the Oasis at a very good price. The risk is, of course getting a sub-optimal stateroom. At first I was excited we had been assigned a balcony in one of the "humps" port side, then that quickly turned to panic when I saw we were on deck 8 of Oasis of the Seas (which according to deck map is like "the place to be but not for sleeping". So at this point I rather brace for the worst and hope for the best. So, would like honest opinion on noise levels for staterooms in deck 8. I can't back down/cancel it now, so, please be honest so that I can be psychologically prepared :(

Hey all,

Was able to book a guaranteed Ocean-view Balcony on the Oasis at a very good price. The risk is, of course getting a sub-optimal stateroom. At first I was excited we had been assigned a balcony in one of the "humps" port side, then that quickly turned to panic when I saw we were on deck 8 of Oasis of the Seas (which according to deck map is like "the place to be but not for sleeping". So at this point I rather brace for the worst and hope for the best. So, would like honest opinion on noise levels for staterooms in deck 8. I can't back down/cancel it now, so, please be honest so that I can be psychologically prepared :(

I am on Deck 8 on the Harmony right now and it is a fabulous location. NO noise or disruption of any kind. Well, except for the "two little girls" who defaced my message board.

I'm sorry you are stressing about this. Let me reassure you. We purposely chose a hump cabin on Deck 8, I think it was 8200. Fabulous location, steps to Park Cafe for coffee in the morning, and if you look at the deck plans, you will see that although it is a "busy" deck, there is a wall between the cabins and the other venues. We were not disturbed in the least. We loved it! Bigger balcony too!

Enjoy your cruise. :)

I am on Deck 8 on the Harmony right now and it is a fabulous location. NO noise or disruption of any kind. Well, except for the "two little girls" who defaced my message board.

Quick question since you are on the ship and someone on another thread asked. Was Harmony built with the same non-rectangular cabins as Oasis/Allure resulting in the alternating bed placement?

Hey all,

Deck 8 Oasis is a prime location. No more noise, or lack of, than any other deck

Where did you hear it was bad?

What cabin did you get?

We were on the hump on Oasis on deck 8 last year. There was no room across the hall from us. We had no noise other than occasionally hearing the door next door close. Didn't bother me at all. Loved the larger balcony too. We cut through Central Park a lot too

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've had 3 cruises on the Oasis and Allure and we stayed on deck 8. Our next cruise is also booked on deck 8. I was always amazed as we went past the noise of Dazzles nightclub and then turned the corner into the stateroom hallway and it was suddenly quiet. They did a great job building that ship to have no noise. We love the convenience of Central Park. You've got a great location. Enjoy your cruise.

Quick question since you are on the ship and someone on another thread asked. Was Harmony built with the same non-rectangular cabins as Oasis/Allure resulting in the alternating bed placement?

Yes. And the pattern is the same, I believe. I forget what the rubric is. :o

Someone started a thread yesterday. :)

Like others have said we prefer deck 8 on Oasis. We are leaving again tomorrow on Oasis in a JS on the hump close to central park. Never been bothered by the noise. We think it's a great location close to the cafe and a great park to have your coffee in the morning. Our favorite spot.

this will be our 3rd time on deck 8 on Oasis and we have been very lucky to get the same cabin each cruise. We are in a suite, but we love deck 8 and I have a feeling after you experience it you will as well.

we were on deck 10 one time on Allure and it was ok, but if a suite is available on 8 will take it in a heartbeat.

have a fabulous cruise

Hey all,

yyyy

We've been on Allure and Harmony, both times on deck 8. We will be in Oasis for a BTB during Christmas again on deck 8. Deck 8 is perfect because it is quiet, and close to everything, Central Park is the best place to hang around and most of the Specialty restaurants are there. I love taking the Rising Tide bar back up after our night cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

We just booked Allure 8160 ov balcony as the RC person said the big white box across the room on deck plan was a structural support. Looking elsewhere I see it may be a crew setup area and could cause noise. Now I am worried. Anyone stay in 8160 or 8153 on Allure?

We were on deck 8 on Oasis one time, it was fine, except in the morning when they let the roosters out in Central park, they are loud and wake you up instantly...but they usually only crow till about 6:30, then they are done....we would wake up when they started about 5:30, then fall back asleep by 7am...no worries

If we couldn't get an OV balcony on deck 8, we'd seriously consider changing weeks until we could get one. We have 7 cruises booked on Oasis/Harmony through March 2020, and all of them are in deck 8 OV balcony or JS cabins. We've tried other decks, and nothing compares to that deck.