Property Brother's on the Mariner of The Seas

I saw a retweet from Royal that the Property Brother's (Sailing with The Scotts - The Ultimate Design Cruise) cruise for December 3rd sailing. This is their second themed cruise for Royal and from the pictures they posted, this looks very interesting. Did anyone attend in 2015? How was it?

So I called the travel agency that is teaming up with the Property Brothers for the Mariner of the Seas Dec 3, and they said they have half of the ship's rooms reserved for this event.

He said everything will be blocked off for Property Brothers guests only, including the dining room, shows, shore excursions, workshops etc. I'm not sure how this will work since I've never been on a cruise like this. He said, "If you book Mariner of the Seas on RCL.com, it will just feel like a regular cruise without access to any Property Brother events."

Not sure how many events this is worth it to do? The price is quite a bit higher than a regular room on RCL.com.

I've done 3 half/partial Charter Cruises. One they had their shows & one dining room, but all rest of us regular shows/dining went on as normal... Another Charter group did everything we did, shows/meals. Third one I did was an "All Soul Cruise" travel agency's from Detroit, Atlanta, LA, tried to book the whole ship. Now that group Charter's the whole ship but back then they had little less then half the ship. Shows and Musical Groups were a blast, The Spinners, Four Tops... Had great time doing Electric Slide... Back then these cruises were all regular priced cabins...

They will advise to put in granite work tops and to knock down a wall... that’s what they do in every programme...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

haha I'm with you. Although granite seems to be losing its popularity slowly.

I'm not sure what type of "theme" cruise would interest me.

haha I'm with you. Although granite seems to be losing its popularity slowly.

I'm not sure what type of "theme" cruise would interest me.

Correct, it's now quartz :D. Super strong, doesn't absorb liquids so no need to seal.

Thanks for all the tips/info. Not sure either whether a theme cruise would be cool but maybe will try one out.

I just put a 50% deposit down on this Property Brothers cruise on the Mariner of the seas. It's fully refundable til August 27 so sounded like a good idea.

Would be excited to try out a theme cruise with all the other fanatics.

• 4 weeks later...

Funny, when I called they told me they charted the whole ship? However, I did find it online to book so I tried to book and it keeps saying no cabins available!:confused:

I too put a deposit down because I am taking my mother, who loves them!:hearteyes:

There are blogs out there to read about the last time they did one of these and sounds like a blast. It said they were very interactive and friendly! They made a point to see everyone!:cool:

Funny, when I called they told me they charted the whole ship? However, I did find it online to book so I tried to book and it keeps saying no cabins available!:confused:

:cool:

The non-theme bookings must have been few enough that RCI doesn't mind bumping those folks this close in.

Funny, when I called they told me they charted the whole ship? However, I did find it online to book so I tried to book and it keeps saying no cabins available!

I too put a deposit down because I am taking my mother, who loves them!

There are blogs out there to read about the last time they did one of these and sounds like a blast. It said they were very interactive and friendly! They made a point to see everyone!:cool:

hhhhhhhmmmmmm………………..at first glance, I read "they were very attractive and friendly" :D :D :D :D

When we were looking at cruises last summer my husband found a reasonably priced one on P&O for a 14 Night Mediterranean "Simply Come Dancing" themed cruise out of Southampton. Having no idea what that was, I Googled it and discovered that it is the UK equivalent of Dancing With the Stars. And then I looked up the participants and had no idea who anyone was and realized that it could be super annoying if the majority of the shows and ship activities were related to that. Instead, we opted for a Brilliance of the Seas 12 night British Isles cruise on 6/21. :)

I called the agency who is handling the "short" cruise. All the Property Brother's events are restricted to just those who book with the agency. Cabin are about double the regular price. They don't have the entire ship booked. The www site showed no suites available, but when I talked to the agent there were several.

I called the agency who is handling the "short" cruise. All the Property Brother's events are restricted to just those who book with the agency. Cabin are about double the regular price. They don't have the entire ship booked. The www site showed no suites available, but when I talked to the agent there were several.

Thanks good to know!

• 2 months later...