Behind the fun tour

lindan1020

I think somewhere close to 100 bucks a person?? Don't quote me on that.

D& P's use to get that tour for free, but that went away when someone figured out a way sucker more money out of people.

from the faq page on carnival website

I don't think it has anything to do with the length of the cruise. On a 4 day cruise on the Inspiration it was $55. On a 4 day cruise on the Triumph it was $95. On an 8 day cruise on the Legend it was $95. On a 7 day cruise on the Dream it was $95.

I don't think it has anything to do with the length of the cruise. On a 4 day cruise on the Inspiration it was $55. On a 4 day cruise on the Triumph it was $95. On an 8 day cruise on the Legend it was $95. On a 7 day cruise on the Dream it was $95.

That tells me Carnival is still trying to fill that huge dept that the Triumph tragedy inherited .

I believe the different cost is the class of the ship. I don’t remember how much I paid, but the cost on the Dream class ship was more than what I paid on the Fantasy class ship

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe the different cost is the class of the ship. I don’t remember how much I paid, but the cost on the Dream class ship was more than what I paid on the Fantasy class ship

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree, even though Carnival's web site says it's based on length of cruise. We've never done it on a Fantasy class but everything I've read here over the years says that class of ships has the lower price. We've done Spirit class and Conquest class and both were $95/pp.

I think somewhere close to 100 bucks a person?? Don't quote me on that.

D& P's use to get that tour for free, but that went away when someone figured out a way sucker more money out of people.

It was only a galley tour for Diamonds and Platinum. They may have even stopped it before there was a Diamond level.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Forums mobile app

Agree, even though Carnival's web site says it's based on length of cruise. We've never done it on a Fantasy class but everything I've read here over the years says that class of ships has the lower price. We've done Spirit class and Conquest class and both were $95/pp.

I believe my husband paid $55 on the Sensation. I agree, it is based on the size of the ship not the number of days.

It was only a galley tour for Diamonds and Platinum. They may have even stopped it before there was a Diamond level.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Forums mobile app

I remember taking the tour with my father back in June 2002. It was my first cruise. I remember being in the galley and on the bridge. I have no idea if my dad had to pay for it.

It's tied to the size of the ship. Larger ships charge more for the tour because there's literally more to show you.

I do recommend everyone take a behind-the-scenes tour at least once in their cruising career. You learn some interesting things.

Back in 2001, I was working on RO/DI water purification systems. When we were on the Destiny that year, I went to Guest Relations and asked someone about their water system. They did not know, but would contact someone to return my answer. Later that day we had a letter to come down to meet with a crew member. We got a free tour of the ship's systems.

9/11 changed all that, and I don't think you will get to see all that anymore.

It is very expensive and not worth it in my opinion. This is precisely the kind of thing that Carnival should offer for free to their best customers...platinum and up.

I have read many threads on the topic and you are the only person who said it was not worth it.:confused:

We paid 95 each in July 2016 on the Conquest and were glad to do it. It was almost 4 hours and very interesting. You get a pretty nice prize pack with it and a couple pictures in places most people don't get to see (They take the pictures - you aren't allowed to bring camera or phone cam).

It's a lot of walking and some up and down stairs but even us old and out of shape people made it through just fine. I probably wouldn't do it again on Conquest class or smaller but I would probably do it on a Vista class if we get the chance.