Trivia

Sunflower 1117

i am sailing on the Escape ~ 9/2/18. I am an avid trivia buff. Not a great player but I know enough useless information to get by. Questions are...how often do they have it and is it recommended to form a group? And, if so, anyone else interested?

TIA for any info you may have.

Happy sailing 🛳

We are on the Escape too but after you. I have seen some dailies and they show trivia at 9:30 AM. I hope to be at that trivia game. I know they are scattered out during the day. I am a newbie trivia buff. Not expecting to win anything. But it would just be my husband and I playing, not in a group.

You should join your roll call and make a team that way. I have done that in the past. A great way to make new friends on here. On longer cruises they sometimes have Progressive Trivia. That is my absolute favorite!

We are on the Escape too but after you. I have seen some dailies and they show trivia at 9:30 AM. I hope to be at that trivia game. I know they are scattered out during the day. I am a newbie trivia buff. Not expecting to win anything. But it would just be my husband and I playing, not in a group.

That is the best way. I love when I can alone beat a group of 6, or when my husband and I can do it. If you need 6 people to answer those questions, you might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer.

That is the best way. I love when I can alone beat a group of 6, or when my husband and I can do it. If you need 6 people to answer those questions, you might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer.

All us butter knives have to stick together...........;p

Love playing trivia! It seems to depend on the sailing- on our Med cruise in '15, there was trivia every evening and there was a nice group of regulars. We were fast friends by the end of the 12 days. On our Florida/Bahamas cruise in '16, though, there wasn't nightly trivia- and when they did do trivia, it was mostly themed (80s music, etc). We would sometimes form a group and we would sometimes just play as a couple. It was always fun!

I'd check with your Roll Call and then see if anyone has posted dailies for your cruise. That will definitely give you the best info for your specific cruise. Have fun!

On the Escape, there were different trivia contests in different venues throughout the day. In the brew pub, there was a movie show tune trivia. In the atrium, a Harry Potter trivia. Usually a sunrise trivia, a mid day trivia and a later afternoon trivia as I recall. I don't think we ever managed to hit three in one day (too busy eating and drinking, probably).

Length of the trivia contests varies. Sometimes they are short, sometimes they are 20+ questions long. They provide the answer sheet and a pen, but you might want to bring a little clipboard or book or something to use as a surface. Atrium trivia especially is a big hit, and you don't always get seats, let alone seats with a good table.

If you don't want to play competitively, it is sometimes fun to take a few extra answer sheets and then sit at O'Sheehans and play trivia from the comfort of your barstool over looking the atrium. If you win, though, it might be hard to get the cruise director's attention to claim your prize.

We love trivia, and we are consistently second place finishers. Never won one yet, but the prizes you do win (NCL plastic frisbees and such) are not as good as the bragging rights.

Always vote to exchange slips for scoring. Honestly, it makes no sense, but people do cheat.

Have fun!

You will definitely get your fill of trivia on the Escape. They have trivia every day on the Escape. They do Sunrise trivia every morning at 9:30, I think. They also do other trivia later in the day. On our last cruise July 1-7 they did the following trivia. I lost the daily from day 2, so there were probably a couple more for that day.

Tri-Bond Trivia

Harry Potter Trivia

4th of July Trivia

Video Wall Trivia - Lady Liberty

Afternoon General Knowledge Trivia

Video Wall Trivia - Movie Posters

Video Wall Trivia - Star Wars Trivia

Video Wall Trivia - When They Were Young

Video Wall Trivia - Superheroes and Villains

On our previous cruise on the Escape in May, they did some of the ones above and also the ones below.

Video Wall Trivia - Beers of the World

Video Wall Trivia - Dog Breeds

Video Wall Trivia - Castles and Palaces

Video Wall Trivia = John Hughes Films

Zac's 80's Video Games Trivia

Movie Quote Trivia with Zac

Video Wall Trivia - Cartoon Characters

On my Alaskan trip on the Pearl, I think there was some form of trivia at least three times a day - sometimes in a bar, sometimes in Bliss, sometimes themed, sometimes not.

I always went solo, and after the first day, had two "regular" groups that I joined. Folks were super friendly and once they realized I was solo, and especially after the first round when they realized I was kinda good at it, were super willing to let me join them.

We only won a couple games, and some games were easier than others - I tore up the tri-bond round, and the Michael Jackson round was super fun too. Others... well..... that's another story :)

i am sailing on the Escape ~ 9/2/18. I am an avid trivia buff. Not a great player but I know enough useless information to get by. Questions are...how often do they have it and is it recommended to form a group? And, if so, anyone else interested?

Happy sailing 🛳

sounds like us: it is fun to form a team. We always try to do that. As for how often, including all the different type of trivia usually there are 3 or 4 sessions a day. I think always, at least 2.

When I first started cruising, I really enjoyed the trivia. But, then it just started to get too competitive, for a crappy prize. I still enjoy going, but I rarely compete.

I agree. And the "rule of 6" is never enforced. You'll see groups of 10+ who claim that only 6 of them are playing. Just annoying people who cheat for luggage tags.

Happy sailing 🛳

We are sailing on that cruise. We love the trivia. We'll probably start out as a three but by the third morning I can't really see my daughter rising before ten. Oddly enough the trivia was one of the things that convinced me that cruising was great, and also we met some good friends by attending trivia on our first cruise, they're meeting in NYC before this cruise although unfortunately not cruising.

9:30 AM sounds a lot better than the 9:00 AM we had on the Bliss TA.

Look out for Mighty Mariners, we always have that as our team name.

• 2 weeks later...
You should join your roll call and make a team that way. I have done that in the past. A great way to make new friends on here. On longer cruises they sometimes have Progressive Trivia. That is my absolute favorite!

Me, too. The best trivia master EVER was an Englishman named Andre on the Dawn in 2015. His trivias included: Harry Potter, Star Trek vs. Star Wars, etc. Last I heard he was on the Epic. I'd sail with him just for his trivias.

Joining a group is what makes trivia fun. Its an easy to meet new people and find people to hang out with. Give it a try!

Sounds like fun! I'm on the 9/2 Escape also and will be on the hunt for some trivia. I'm more of a trivia "generalist" (of the Trivial Pursuit variety), but I'm usually pretty good, and our team won the week on our last cruise. OP, we should hook up!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

If you are doing trivia on the Escape and it is in the Atrium

I would suggest getting there at least a half hr early to get a decent seat

It may have been our sailing but it seemed the whole ship showed up :eek:

I agree. And the "rule of 6" is never enforced. You'll see groups of 10+ who claim that only 6 of them are playing. Just annoying people who cheat for luggage tags.

I have noticed the same thing: I do think they should enforce the 6 rule If for no other reason, everyone likes to be a winner and when there are 8 or 10 on one team it ceases to be competitive. I could care less about the prizes. That isn't the reason we play trivia.