Equinox, Reflection or Silhouette

caribbeanboy

I want to take a cruise at the end of Nov or beginning of Dec. I haven't been on Celebrity since 2010. The choices are a 7 night cruise to Western on the Equinox, a 12 night cruise on the Silhouette ( will be my first choice since it goes to both Martinique & Grenada which i have never been before) and Reflection is a 14 nighter with an overnight in Curacao where I live (Cool to be at home and sleep on a cruise ship..lol) please which one would you recommend. I guess in the end the ships will be the same when it comes to food and entertainment. Have been on Solstice before btw.

I want to take a cruise at the end of Nov or beginning of Dec. I haven't been on Celebrity since 2010. The choices are a 7 night cruise to Western on the Equinox, a 12 night cruise on the Silhouette ( will be my first choice since it goes to both Martinique & Grenada which i have never been before) and Reflection is a 14 nighter with an overnight in Curacao where I live (Cool to be at home and sleep on a cruise ship..lol) please which one would you recommend. I guess in the end the ships will be the same when it comes to food and entertainment. Have been on Solstice before btw.

c - given all external factors (re: ships) are the same, which itinerary intrigues you the most, in order of preference?

Personally, I love Silhouette and I have yet to do that itinerary, then Reflection would be next choice, then Equinox...

bon voyage

c - given all external factors (re: ships) are the same, which itinerary intrigues you the most, in order of preference?

Personally, I love Silhouette and I have yet to do that itinerary, then Reflection would be next choice, then Equinox...

bon voyage

The one on Silhouette because it goes to Granada and Martinique which will be new to me.

Yes Bo1953 has it right. Equinox is only 7 night, but does have glassblowing. Reflection is the largest of Celebrity ships. Silhouette is just right.

If i go with Equinox, i will take another cruise (most probably Royal Princess or Nieuw Amsterdam), so when it comes to days it doesn't matter that much. Leaning more and more towards Silhouette. Thanks

I thought all the Solstice class ships were about the same size?

Reflection has added cabins, so layout is slightly different. I came to Celebrity after sailing almost exclusively with RC, and on some of their big ships. (We did the Harmony transatlantic bringing her to America.) Reflection is the largest, but didn't seem too large to me. I thought it was just about perfect.

Number of passengers does not equate to size, they could have more cabins and smaller public space.

On the Reflection they moved the pools and all that goes with it up one deck to the Lido deck. They added Aqua Sky Suites (now just Sky Suites with shower wall in the bath tub.) and Aqua Cabins to deck 12. Also more suites on deck 14 forward. The Reflection weighs 4000 tons more than Solstice.

I would do the silhouette so you can enjoy new islands and have the lawn club grill (reflection also has LCG but equinox does not) and outdoor eating venue. I usually pick longer cruises over shorter ones but the 12 night itinerary on silhouette sounds perfect. Happy Sailing

Personally, I’d go with Silhouette; we found Reflection far too crowded compared to any of the other S class ships.

I concur.

I've been on Equinox the most, and am always 'happy', but the few times I've been on Silhouette, I'm 'very happy'...

I noticed the Reflection feeling more crowded than the other 2.

So - 12 days on Silhouette seems the best of all worlds :)

Reflection and Sihlouette are the same size

They are close in size, but a little different.

Silhouette is 122,400 Gross Tons, and the beam is 121 ft.

Reflection is 126,000 Gross tons with a beam of 123 ft. :)

There are several food/drink differences. Equinox has the Silk Harvest restaurant instead of Qsine, and it has the Gastropub instead of Cellar Masters.

Reflection and Silhouette have the Porch and the Lawn Club Grill on deck 16, whereas Equinox just has the Hot Glass show.

Reflection and Silhouette have the Porch and the Lawn Club Grill on deck 16, whereas Equinox just has the Hot Glass show.

I certainly wouldn’t pick a cruise just because it has the hot glass show. Very overrated in my opinion.

I certainly wouldn’t pick a cruise just because it has the hot glass show. Very overrated in my opinion.
Nor would I. But OP specifically mentioned food being mostly the same on all ships and I was just pointing out the lack of Lawn Grill on Equinox.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Just had the same dilemma if you can call it that :'). Picked Silhouette. Great itinerary and unbelievable deal for a 12 night cruise.