Carnival Magic - April 7, 2019 - CANCELLED!!

CaliCash

I received an email stating that the ship has been chartered for this sailing! Did I just hit the lotto, but in a bad way??

Carnival said that they'd honor the rate that we originally booked at plus $50 OBC per person for inconvenience. It's far enough out that finding another cruise to go on shouldn't be a problem, but it definitely sucks!

Has anyone else had this happen to us?

• Like 1

Yep, the cruise is next year, thank goodness!

I wasn't sure if it was legit or not because the email didn't have anything in the body of the email only an attached .pdf letter. So I called my PVP and confirmed it.

JESUS LORD ALMIGHTY ...How we fail to read & instead see exactly what we think we have seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm shaking...

Just completed API for both the flights & the ship.

Packing list last night.

Shopping this weekend.

....But despite the capitals I missed the 2019 out from the thread header!

Looks like we are still good for 31 days time & now I'm feeling happy

I received an email stating that the ship has been chartered for this sailing! Did I just hit the lotto, but in a bad way??

Carnival said that they'd honor the rate that we originally booked at plus $50 OBC per person for inconvenience. It's far enough out that finding another cruise to go on shouldn't be a problem, but it definitely sucks!

As to whether you hit the lotto or not will depend on who charted the cruise.

I had that happen to me once, also well in advance. I don't remember getting any OBC, but it's possible I forgot. I switched to another ship sailing from another Florida port, but the same number of days and the same category. The new one was a tiny bit more, but they only charged me the price for the original cruise.

All in all, it wasn't a big deal.

• 3 weeks later...

Happened to me once - about 6 months out from sail date. I found a better cruise (better ports) and paid a lot less because of the price match than if I had booked at the prices offered for the cruise. I was actually very happy!! I hope you end up finding something better!

Large groups will charter ships. Better than when a group takes over say half the ship and entertainment venues are reserved for the group

At least you had the option to cancel. I had this happen to me but the group did not book the entire ship so the cruise was not cancelled. The steakhouse got booked, the disco was closed certain nights and the lines were crazy all week. It just felt like this group was everywhere. They were nice enough but a loud group. It was good to see they were having fun but I did not appreciate having venues closed because of them.

Ohhhh! I would find a sailing on the Horizon or Vista, since those ships are more expensive. Or, find yourself and itinerary that goes to someplace more exotic than where the Magic was scheduled to sail.

I would say YES, you've hit the lottery!

CeleBrat

At least you had the option to cancel. I had this happen to me but the group did not book the entire ship so the cruise was not cancelled. The steakhouse got booked, the disco was closed certain nights and the lines were crazy all week. It just felt like this group was everywhere. They were nice enough but a loud group. It was good to see they were having fun but I did not appreciate having venues closed because of them.

The contract that we all have to agree to favors the cruise line in total.

I wonder how much it costs to charter a cruise ship...

I often daydream about inheriting a billion dollars and one of the things I would do is bring everyone I know (family + friends + their families) on a cruise.

I wonder how much it costs to charter a cruise ship...

I often daydream about inheriting a billion dollars and one of the things I would do is bring everyone I know (family + friends + their families) on a cruise.

Better to buy your own yacht and keep the riff raff out:)

It happened to me 2 years ago and it was also an April cruise. Carnival told us about 3 months before and offered the same $50 OBC and honored our rate on another ship.

It happened to me 2 years ago and it was also an April cruise. Carnival told us about 3 months before and offered the same $50 OBC and honored our rate on another ship.

I suppose if Carnival cancels they would also refund cancellation penalties on airfares/hotels if you show proof. Luckily this has not happened to me yet.