Premier Beverage Package

Colo Cruiser

Just changed/added to our booking for next week.

Premier Beverage Package $68.99 per person, per day

Enjoy a wide range of drinks for $59.99 per day plus a 15% gratuity. The Premier Beverage Package includes any individual beverage item such as fountain soda, bottled water, cocktails, spirits, wine by the glass, beers, coffee and tea, up to $12 (retail value). A 25% discount is also offered on all bottles of wine when purchased in bars, dining room or specialty restaurants.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

The Premier Beverage Package

Terms & Conditions 2017

The Premier Beverage Package is offered at $59.99 USD per day plus a 15% service charge (totaling $68.99 per day) for all itineraries except Australia. For all Australia-based vessels, the package is $86.99 AUD per day including the service charge. The full amount due for the complete voyage will be charged at the time of purchase. 

Your Premier Beverage Package includes:

• All beer, wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s) or $16.00 AUD and under for ships based in Australia
  • Bottled water (500ml only)
  • Fountain sodas, fresh juices ( if available), specialty coffees and teas, Red Bull energy drinks
  • Gong Cha items (if available) 

• Frappe’s at Coffee & Cones
  • Smoothies and milk shakes (if available) 

• Enjoy the convenience of your beverage package on our Private Islands and all food and beverage venues that offer beverage service

The package includes an extra 25% discount on the following items that are otherwise excluded from the package:

• All bottles of wine 

• One-liter bottles of water (if dining at a specialty venue, a large one-liter bottle of water, still or sparkling, is covered by the package)

• Canned soda, and bottled juices 

Purchase information and package details and qualifications:

Guests must purchase the Premier Beverage Package for every day of sailing. Partial or prorated packages or segments will not be accepted. 

The package may be pre-purchased up to 4 days prior to boarding the vessel. It is not available for pre-purchase within 3 days of sailing but is offered on board on embarkation day. It is not sold after embarkation day. 

Package sales are final within 3 days of sailing or once purchased on board.

The package is not available for voyages of fewer than 7 nights for Australia-based itineraries or fewer than 2 nights for all other itineraries. 

Please note that age restrictions will apply for purchases of the Premier Beverage Package. 

Terms and Conditions

Alcoholic drinks are limited to 15 beverages per 24-hour period (6 a.m. to 6 a.m.) Alcoholic drinks requested above the daily limits are at the discretion of the shipboard management and crew and charged at regular menu prices. Non-alcoholic drinks do NOT have this limitation, nor do they count towards this maximum. 

Only one beverage is allowed per passenger per order (alcoholic or non-alcoholic).

Items selected that exceed the $12.00 USD or $16.00 AUD price are charged at full menu price. Alcoholic drinks requested above the daily limits are at the discretion of the shipboard management and crew and charged at regular menu prices 

Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable. 

Guests that pre-purchased the All-Inclusive Beverage Package prior to September 19, 2017 or that took advantage of the 2017 Sip + Sail promotion will have terms and conditions of the Premier Beverage Package apply.

Exclusions and Limitations:

Please note that there are some exclusions from the Premier Beverage Package: Spirits or bottled wine or any items offered in retail venues or shops on board. Beverages offered via self-service or vending machines. Souvenir glassware is excluded but is available for the additional charge of the glass only. 

The Premier Beverage Package cannot be combined with other programs, promotions, onboard specials, or events, such as: group or charter events, room service items, minibar items, special or private events such as cocktail parties, wedding receptions or similar functions, wine tastings, chefs tables, buckets of beer, buy one get one type offers, specialty dining cover charges, food items for sale such as ice-cream etc. 

Pricing is subject to change without notice, and for vessels designated in a foreign currency (Australia as an example) packages purchased in advance may vary from onboard pricing due to timing and currency fluctuations. Guests will NOT incur additional charges, nor be issued any credits or refunds for such currency variances.

Not all exclusions or limitations can be foreseen or published here and may exist or be implemented without notice.

Shipboard management reserves the right to add additional restrictions, revoke or cancel the Premier Beverage Package at any point during a guest’s voyage for any reason with or without a prorated refund. Additional actions may be taken if guests:

• Become intoxicated 

• Provide beverages to the other guests or do not comply with the terms, conditions and limitations of the package
  • Exhibit behavior that is inappropriate, a safety risk to themselves or others, or become offensive or disruptive to the other cruise guests or staff
  • Exceed or attempt to circumvent the daily limits and service limitations outlined

Premier Beverage Package $68.99 per person, per day

Enjoy a wide range of drinks for $59.99 per day plus a 15% gratuity.

When you search the Princess website it shows $59.99 per day. :o

$59.99 X 15% = 68.9885 (rounded up that's 68.99) as advertised.

BTW: you need to do a LOT of drinking (alcohol and non) to make it worth the $$.

Does anyone know if those of us you booked under the "sip and sail" packages the last few years will be keeping the "All Inclusive" or are they going to change what they offered us ?

The fine print says you get the new deal:

"Guests that pre-purchased the All-Inclusive Beverage Package prior to September 19, 2017 or that took advantage of the 2017 Sip + Sail promotion will have terms and conditions of the Premier Beverage Package apply."

Increase the price, limit the number of alcoholic drinks (15 would be unlimited for me ;)) and reduce the wine bottle discount from 40% to 25%. Apparently the AIBP wasn't profitable enough & maybe these changes are the result of Princess including it with too many promotional cruise fares.

With the maximum drink cost increasing from $10 to $12 wonder if that's an indication of an upcoming increase in all drink prices. :confused:

Guess they expect our Aussie friends to drink more on Australian-based cruises because it's not available on those cruises that are fewer than 7 days but on other cruises it's fewer than 2 days.

Does anyone know if those of us you booked under the "sip and sail" packages the last few years will be keeping the "All Inclusive" or are they going to change what they offered us ?

Guests that pre-purchased the All-Inclusive Beverage Package prior to September 19, 2017 or that took advantage of the 2017 Sip + Sail promotion will have terms and conditions of the Premier Beverage Package apply.

I thought I had pulled the trigger too early over the weekend when I pre-paid for the AIBP on a cruise that doesn't start until May 14. Looks like I got lucky this time thanks to Cruise Critic.

Of our two subsequent cruises booked under Sip and Sail, one shows the complimentary AIBP and on the other it has dropped off. I'll wait a couple of days for Princess to get its act together and fix this. If they don't, I'll send a note to my TA.

Real-time update: Now my pre-paid AIBP for the May 14 cruise has dropped off the personalizer but still shows for one of the other segments. I'm guessing we're watching Princess IT making updates in real time. Possibly changing the names of the packages.

One has to suspect that the individual drink prices may well be increasing. The change from the 40% wine discount to the 25% wine discount is total poop. What a crock for those who purchased under the old discount. It's difficult to see how that would even be legal.

Yes, I just noticed the increase on our Onboard Reservations page too! It also looks as if they have added a few selections to the 350 ml spirits that you can order to be delivered to your room. They now offer: Courvoisier. Jim Beam, Crown Royal, Jack Daniel's, Cutty Sark, Johnny Walker Red, Skyy, Absolut, Bacardi White, Cruzan Coconut, Gordon's, & Bombay Sapphire. I may be mistaken, but I don't think they were all available before now.

In anticipation of the price increase, I had gone ahead and added the Unlimited Soda & More package to our booking, but there wasn't a price increase on it. We just can't justify almost $1800 for the 2 of us for 13 days. Will use the soda package to order mocktails & order a bottle or 2 of alcohol for the stateroom to add to it. We usually enjoy our cocktails on our balcony anyway, not really big bar drinkers..

The change in the wine bottle discount is total poop!

All of the other changes are lesser poop. We don't drink canned soda.

I read this as if we paid for the AIBP (not S-n-S) before 9/17/17 then we get the new terms for the old price.

"Guests that pre-purchased the All-Inclusive Beverage Package prior to September 19, 2017 or that took advantage of the 2017 Sip + Sail promotion will have terms and conditions of the Premier Beverage Package apply."

I wonder if this isn't confirmation that they were losing money on AIBP. The cheating could have been dealt without changing the terms.

I, likewise, think that the basic drink prices will rise to be commensurate with the increase or they will lose a lot of the package purchases by folks like DW who is borderline on per drink including water and coffees. However, the swing was the cans of diet soda.

I did notice that the bottles of wine went up about 10% a week or two ago. But I can only vouch for the previous cost of Dom was around $205 with grats and it became around $225 sometime recently. Others will need to verify if that is true for other wines. Of course, since there is no longer a limit of $100 to get 40% off a bottle, the Dom will be around $168 with the new 25% with no apparent limit....unless that is a loophole that they will revise....

Still happy with the advance notice provided on CC. Thanks all.

Safe Journeys, Paul

Sent from my iPad using Forums

One has to suspect that the individual drink prices may well be increasing.

That's also my opinion...previously few drinks were over the $10 limit & that soon many drinks would now exceed that limit.

Talk about double-talk...alcoholic drinks up to $12 are included but passengers only get a 25% discount on cans of soda, bottles of juice and on larger bottles of water, all of them under a $12 limit...is that something new? :confused:

Edited by Astro Flyer

I read this as if we paid for the AIBP (not S-n-S) before 9/17/17 then we get the new terms for the old price.

Guests that have S-n-S also get the new package.

Yep. If you paid for a package with a 40% discount on wine under $100 you now only get a 25% discount but it is on all bottles of wine. Not a change for the better.

I have no problem with the 15 alcoholic drinks in a day. I'm glad they clarified the actual time period though. Just saying 24 hours was too ambiguous.

Yes, I just noticed the increase on our Onboard Reservations page too! It also looks as if they have added a few selections to the 350 ml spirits that you can order to be delivered to your room. They now offer: Courvoisier. Jim Beam, Crown Royal, Jack Daniel's, Cutty Sark, Johnny Walker Red, Skyy, Absolut, Bacardi White, Cruzan Coconut, Gordon's, & Bombay Sapphire. I may be mistaken, but I don't think they were all available before now.

In anticipation of the price increase, I had gone ahead and added the Unlimited Soda & More package to our booking, but there wasn't a price increase on it. We just can't justify almost $1800 for the 2 of us for 13 days. Will use the soda package to order mocktails & order a bottle or 2 of alcohol for the stateroom to add to it. We usually enjoy our cocktails on our balcony anyway, not really big bar drinkers..

I don't think it covers room service or liquor delivered to your cabin.

I saw those liquors a couple of weeks ago when checking out those pages on one of my bookings.

I don't think it covers room service or liquor delivered to your cabin.

I saw those liquors a couple of weeks ago when checking out those pages on one of my bookings.

I'm certain that it wouldn't cover room service or liquor delivered to the cabin. I hadn't noticed the 2 rums on the list of liquors delivered to the cabin before now.