Princess Transfers

ne1travel

Has any one used Princess transfer? Airport-Ship and also on return Ship-Airport. We will be arriving the day of the cruise this trip and wondering if the $19/pp is worth it. We usually just cab it when staying the night before.

Thanks in advance.

Which port?

We used them in Houston for $20 per person--excellent service. And we have them booked in Tokyo.

If you are talking about FLL, a cab is likely cheaper and you won't have to wait while the bus fills.

Edited by moki'smommy

Depends on the port........

From Airport to Ship can be dicey. Often times you spend a lot of time sitting on an idling bus waiting for another flight to come in and end up in a mad rush at the airport. We haven't yet been on a cruise where we could not arrange for private transfer for far less than what the Transfers cost. From ship to airport, we don't mind a wait and the convenience of not messing with the crowd coming off the ship to find your driver and/or cab is worth it.

As a couple we can always meet the price if not beat it. As we are usually with another couple, we can always beat it.

Has any one used Princess transfer? Airport-Ship and also on return Ship-Airport. We will be arriving the day of the cruise this trip and wondering if the $19/pp is worth it. We usually just cab it when staying the night before.

Thanks in advance.

It appears you are speaking about the Regal Princess, February 2017, sailing from Ft. Lauderdale. Correct? If you are flying into Ft. Lauderdale it is very easy to get a cab to the port. It's about 15 mins and around $20 for two. The Princess transfer is $38 for two. If you are flying into Miami, then the cab fare is around $75/$80 and it takes around 45 mins with the possibility of traffic.

The same is true on the return. Cabs are at the pier when you disembark and can take you to either airport. The cost is about the same as above.

If you booked via EZ Air and your flight is scheduled to arrive close to sailing time, that would be a good reason to stick with the Princess transfer.

Edited by sknight

What if its a Princess EZ Air flight?

Princess EZ Air are flights you have booked thru Princess not directly thru the airline or travel agent. With EZ Air , Princess makes sure that you get to the ship (embarkation) or a flight home (disembarkation).

Princess EZ Air are flights you have booked thru Princess not directly thru the airline or travel agent. With EZ Air , Princess makes sure that you get to the ship (embarkation) or a flight home (disembarkation).

I realize that. Some Princess flights arrive less then 2 hours before sailing.

I was responding to JF. Maybe the OP did not have any choice on flights the day of if they had EZ Air.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Thanks in advance.

That should be your last option.

Since the OP was asking about cruises and transfers out of Fort Lauderdale..... I have a question.

Has anyone taken the princess transfer from the Fort Lauderdale cruise ship terminal to the Miami airport?

We are flying into Fort Lauderdale the night before the cruise, spending the night in a hotel and taking a taxi from the hotel to port Everglades cruise terminal for the first time.

But when we get off the ship we need to fly out of Miami ,so just seeing what our options are . We did not actually book a princess transfer yet,but heard there was one available.

Julie

Since the OP was asking about cruises and transfers out of Fort Lauderdale..... I have a question.

Has anyone taken the princess transfer from the Fort Lauderdale cruise ship terminal to the Miami airport?

We are flying into Fort Lauderdale the night before the cruise, spending the night in a hotel and taking a taxi from the hotel to port Everglades cruise terminal for the first time.

But when we get off the ship we need to fly out of Miami ,so just seeing what our options are . We did not actually book a princess transfer yet,but heard there was one available.

Julie

Here is a suggestion.....we usually use these guys if you decide against a Princess transfer.

They are on time and reasonable.

https://www.fortlauderdaletransfers.com

I know lots of people recommend taking a taxi to/from the cruise ship and we have done this many times.

However, sometimes I have felt more than a little afraid for my life at the way some of the drivers weave in and out of traffic and play with the meter, phone, etc. Plus sometimes there is a bit of a language barrier.

On our taxi last month in Vancouver the driver tried to get us to pay in U.S. cash saying his boss preferred that. My husband told him he didn't have cash and insisted on putting it on a credit card.

Last year we had another problem in Vancouver when arriving close to midnight. We didn't have enough Canadian money to pay for the taxi and our credit cards are chip & signature. After almost a half hour the driver said he could not process our card in his hand held machine without a PIN. My husband paid in U.S. cash. Cost was the same in U.S. as it was in Canadian, thus garnering the driver a nice bonus.

For the first time we've signed up for Princess transfer on our next cruise from LaGuardia to the cruise ship terminal. Just don't want to deal with another taxi.

For the first time we've signed up for Princess transfer on our next cruise from LaGuardia to the cruise ship terminal. Just don't want to deal with another taxi.

Another option is a limo service such as Carmel or Dial7.

Should cost less than a Princess xfer for two people. Reserve in advance for best price and discount coupons.

I realize that. Some Princess flights arrive less then 2 hours before sailing.

I was responding to JF. Maybe the OP did not have any choice on flights the day of if they had EZ Air.

Yes, Princess EZair from our home town airport is almost twice the price than SW out of MKE and requires 1 stop which make me worry more than direct flight which we booked from MKE.

As far as it being winter, it does concern us too. We normally fly down Saturday with a stay over but work schedule will not allow that this year so heading down Sunday.

We do take out trip insurance for the "just in case".

We will wing it and see how it goes.

Thanks for all the responses- greatly appreciated.

Oh, and a taxi to cruise port it is[emoji41]

• 4 months later...

I purchased a Princess transfer from FLL to the cruise terminal but I will not be flying into the airport that day, but rather returning a rental car. I gather that I need to take a shuttle from the rental car return area back to the airport terminals, but I don't know where to go for the Princess transfer. Is it in the baggage claim area? Does it matter which area or terminal?