2 Free perks not showing as free on the Celebrity website.

2chiefs

Am I missing something?

When I do a mock booking on the Celebrity website for a cruise that includes 2 free perks, it always adds the price of the perks to total. If I un-click the free perks then the cruise calculates at the advertised price. Seems a little strange to me.

I got a resident rate a while back that did not include the "free" perks. i could deal with that but I was looking as a solo and they only priced the perks for 2. I would have had to pay for 2 drink packages or gratuities for two. I don't know if they haven't worked this out on their website yet. I might have booked on the website but after that i went right back to my TA.

Have you checked senior, fire/police, etc. or put in a state? Often if one if these is selected you are getting the resident, senior, etc rate which may not be combinable with the 2 free perks promo.

I did check those but there was no discount for those. I'll have to try it again without checking them. Perhaps that will make it work.

I did check those but there was no discount for those. I'll have to try it again without checking them. Perhaps that will make it work.

I tried it again and it makes no difference. The page comes up with two "free" perks and then proceeds to add $450 per person for those "free" perks.

I tried it again and it makes no difference. The page comes up with two "free" perks and then proceeds to add $450 per person for those "free" perks.

Are you on the US site? Are you booking an inside cabin as they do not get the perks?

I must be getting a deal as my "free perks" are $300 a person. I have been doing the same thing as you and the free perks are always an add on.

I must be getting a deal as my "free perks" are $300 a person. I have been doing the same thing as you and the free perks are always an add on.

Thanks keesar,

OK then. I'm not imagining things and I'm not the only one it happens to. I guess I will have to do all my pricing through my TA (as someone suggested) to get the correct price. The website is useless for research.

Yes, a US site. No, not booking inside. The page clearly says "free" and then proceeds to add the cost.

Check and see if your mock booking was for a cruise that is currently post final payment date. I just tried mock bookings for two cruises - one post and one prior to final payment date - experienced what you are describing with the post but not with the one prior to final payment date.

The general perk offers usually do not apply after final payment date.

Thanks keesar,

OK then. I'm not imagining things and I'm not the only one it happens to. I guess I will have to do all my pricing through my TA (as someone suggested) to get the correct price. The website is useless for research.

I have been doing the same as you on the site. Did a double check last night. Bottom line: On a 7 day cruise, two perks cost $250 per person over the price had you declined any perks. If you went to the "sale", the final price ended up the same but it said the perks were complimentary. Same bottom line in the end.

<<<SNIP>>>One needs to check which cruises have specials and which do not. If in doubt ring the cruise line

That wasn't helpful and sounds like you are lecturing me. I hope that wasn't your intent. Of course I know which ones offer free perks and which ones do not. If you read my original post quoted here "When I do a mock booking on the Celebrity website for a cruise that includes 2 free perks" you would see that "one" did check "which cruises have specials and which ones do not". I thought this board was for sharing information and asking for help. As far as ringing up the cruise line, I would rather use a TA which I will do in the case of booking a cruise. I was only using the website to compare prices of several different cruises I was interested in before contacting my TA. I would have expected the website to be a little more accurate and less confusing. Calling the cruise line isn't much more helpful than the confusing website.

That wasn't helpful and sounds like you are lecturing me. I hope that wasn't your intent. Of course I know which ones offer free perks and which ones do not. If you read my original post quoted here "When I do a mock booking on the Celebrity website for a cruise that includes 2 free perks" you would see that "one" did check "which cruises have specials and which ones do not". I thought this board was for sharing information and asking for help. As far as ringing up the cruise line, I would rather use a TA which I will do in the case of booking a cruise. I was only using the website to compare prices of several different cruises I was interested in before contacting my TA. I would have expected the website to be a little more accurate and less confusing. Calling the cruise line isn't much more helpful than the confusing website.

These perks ARE.NOT.FREE unless there's a special sale. I've brought this to the attention of my X TA, Captains Club, and the Customer Service dept. They could not give me an acceptable answer re the price discrepancy. Any cruise I price online shows the basic cost without perks, then add the perks in and the price changes. However, if there's a 'sale', the price shows the cost of the perk and then shows a deduction of the perks price on my "reservation confirmation printout" which balances the cruise price. None of this shows on the webpage confirming your cruise. I've probably made this as clear as mud; just trying to help the OP.

These perks ARE.NOT.FREE unless there's a special sale. I've brought this to the attention of my X TA, Captains Club, and the Customer Service dept. They could not give me an acceptable answer re the price discrepancy. Any cruise I price online shows the basic cost without perks, then add the perks in and the price changes. However, if there's a 'sale', the price shows the cost of the perk and then shows a deduction of the perks price on my "reservation confirmation printout" which balances the cruise price. None of this shows on the webpage confirming your cruise. I've probably made this as clear as mud; just trying to help the OP.

You have made my point. The website is confusing at best. I guess one just has to do the math manually at the end for comparing cruises and then when a decision is made to book a cruise to ensure the discount is applied.

Here is a screen shot from the website. This particular cruise is on sale and the perk page does say "complimentary" as I've highlighted by the circle below. However, the website still adds the perk costs to the mock booking which why I posted originally. Sorry for the confusion.

attachment.php?attachmentid=420207&stc=1&d=1524660098

perk.JPG.1c31d31f4b109c6767130c88b05d0c37.JPG

You have made my point. The website is confusing at best. I guess one just has to do the math manually at the end for comparing cruises and then when a decision is made to book a cruise to ensure the discount is applied.

Here is a screen shot from the website. This particular cruise is on sale and the perk page does say "complimentary" as I've highlighted by the circle below. However, the website still adds the perk costs to the mock booking which why I posted originally. Sorry for the confusion.

attachment.php?attachmentid=420207&stc=1&d=1524660098

Did you check whether or not the mock booking is before or after the final payment date as I suggested in an earlier post?

Did you check whether or not the mock booking is before or after the final payment date as I suggested in an earlier post?

No. I'm just checking for 2019 cruises so they are all after final payment date.

Thanks

No. I'm just checking for 2019 cruises so they are all after final payment date.

Thanks

Which ship and sail date are you interested in? I'll try and do a mock booking. Celebrity's website can be confusing. If the non-discounted rate includes 2 perks it will say that even if they are offering a discounted rate for that cruise. The banner will say 2 free perks but the tiny little word "starting from" will appear above the rate indicating most likely that the rate advertised isn't the rate that includes the perks.

In the end, the perks aren't 'free" by any means. If the cruise isn't offering a discounted rate, then the rate with the perks is just "inflated" to cover the cost.

Try opening an clearing your cookies, cache and browsing history, then opening an Incognito window on your browser. Then don't log in or put in any qualifiers like senior, fire residency, loyalty number and re-price. Also check with a TA that specializes in cruises before booking. Often even if the cruise is the same price between X direct and a TA, there are more actually free perks and or OBC from the TA.

I've got the same problem. I've tried multiple times to get the "free" perks and I keep getting charged for them. I've tried using different browsers and using "incognito" and I still get charged.

Try a large TA that does a big volume of cruise sales. It's always a better deal in my experience and the plus is you don't have to deal with X's wonky website.

Try a large TA that does a big volume of cruise sales. It's always a better deal in my experience and the plus is you don't have to deal with X's wonky website.

I tried a test booking using our usual large TA and it didn't include the perks at all, so I called Captain's Club. It was an interesting conversation. I was told that the price listed on the website is usually the lowest price available. The free perks aren't included with that booking. The "Summer and Beyond" booking cost more than the lowest price booking and that's why the price goes up when I pick the "free" perks.