Booking directly with Princess or use TA

Jerlyn

We have worked directly with the same Vacation Planner at Princess for years now and probably won't switch back to using a TA - just personal preference. I'm not sure we would get a better price using a TA (lots of people will say otherwise ) but, we won't get a better quality of service than we get from our Princess person.

As I said above, it gets down to personal preference and we like dealing directly with the company and a person we trust is doing the best for us.

I've always received better rates with my T/A than the published rate on the website. Sometimes the difference in price is big while other times it isn't that big. Definitely a personal preference, but I would never think of using anyone but my T/A.....:):):)

Bob

I use a TA and almost always save 10-20% over what I'd pay booking directly, even with a PVP. I get personal service and my TA works nights and weekends. People think they lose "control" booking through a TA but I have far more control using a TA who is established, knows me and my preferences. A good TA who books a lot of Princess cruises is far more knowledgeable about Princess than any Princess rep or PVP.

Thanks!

my pleasure!

as one of those control freak types, i always book on my own, get it sorted the way i want then contact a travel agent. if the price is substantially better, i move my booking. if its only slightly better i keep the booking myself. apparently i have money to throw away! :p i balance whether the stress of not being in charge is worth the savings.

As I said above, it gets down to personal preference and we like dealing directly with the company and a person we trust is doing the best for us.

I sort of think of the opposite.

If I have an issue, the Princess rep is representing Princess. They won't fight for me like my agent will. Princess is more likely wanting to make my agent happy as she does millions with Princess verses me for my $2K cruise (or whatever). There is more incentive to make my agent happy.

I booked my 1st Princess cruise directly with Princess and have used a TA ever since. Better prices, extra OBC.....always there when I need them.

Me too but I still do the shopping each time. Just because one had the best deal this time doesn't mean they will the next. Plus I like the hunt;)

If I have an issue, the Princess rep is representing Princess. They won't fight for me like my agent will. Princess is more likely wanting to make my agent happy as she does millions with Princess verses me for my $2K cruise (or whatever). There is more incentive to make my agent happy.
Exactly. My TA is my advocate and has a direct contact at Princess above any Princess rep or PVP. When you book directly, their first loyalty is with the company, not you. Plus, almost none of them have ever been on a ship. It's astonishing and disturbing how much misinformation has been posted on CC by someone quoting their Princess rep or PVP. Edited by Pam in CA

I sort of think of the opposite.

Totally agree with you! :)

LuLu

I always book through my TA. Different companies have better contract levels so check with several. She gets other promotions from 3rd party companies and can offer a travel insurance policy that covers any hotel/apartment that is booked with the trip, airfare and tours that I book outside of Princess. Better medical insurance as well.

To see my own booking and invoices on line.

Can agree with the above in so much that a reputable TA with a large clientele

has pull with Princess .They would not like to loose that valuable custom.

Myself many moons again I used TA's but found on the occasion I wanted a question answered they wee off on a cruise reviewing it for their customers;)

Therefore I can contact the Princess rep. direct because as noted from above they have never been on a ship so are always available to answer my question,less frustration that way,don't you agree? ;););)

I have booked with TA and also with Princess, both agents were good. But now I usually do my research , know exactly what I want, what the prices are, then. I call my TA to book, I know if I am getting a good deal or not, plus the TA gives me additional OBC, so I am happy . If I have a question or concern, they are good about helping.

Cori

To see my own booking and invoices on line.

Can agree with the above in so much that a reputable TA with a large clientele

has pull with Princess .They would not like to loose that valuable custom.

Myself many moons again I used TA's but found on the occasion I wanted a question answered they wee off on a cruise reviewing it for their customers;)

Therefore I can contact the Princess rep. direct because as noted from above they have never been on a ship so are always available to answer my question,less frustration that way,don't you agree? ;););)

Kruisey - any good TA is 1) constantly checking their email on vacation and 2) have someone covering for them. For example - my agent has 2) other people in their office that are working when she is there and away. It really is not an issue.

Edited by Coral