Toiletries on Celebrity?

stitchcreek

No q-tips or cotton balls on Solstice recently...when I inquired at guest services, I was told rather abruptly that those amenities were reserved for suite passengers. Fortunately, I packed enough to get me through the trip!

Just off Equinox, the bottles were not branded, just white bottles sating the contents. We asked for the cotton wool etc and were brought vanity boxes containing a couple of cotton buds and a small nail file. No shower cap.

Gilchrist and Soames makes all kinds of toiletries. They are making a line for Celebrity that is not nearly as good as their regular touletries. The soap is fine. The shampoo and conditioner are bad on color treated hair. It dulls the hair and leaves it dry. i use the shampoo or gel to wash bathing suits. Bring your own.

• 3 months later...

We are just off a Royal Caribbean. There was one bar of soap and a shampoo dispenser in the shower. When I enquired, I learned that only suites will receive the other amenities. That is why I joined this thread to find out what Celebrity is doing. Glad to see that Celebrity is providing some toiletries. I always bring my own because I do not like the smell of the ones from Celebrity.

We were on the Summit in Aqua class in August. We received:

- shampoo

- conditioner

- shower gel

- 2 bars soap

- body lotion

- packet with a few little thing (can't remember)

I didn't notice the brand but they were in grey/bluish/silvery bottles. They were replenished daily. The year prior I remember the toiletries as being something special (especially nice I should say). I didn't get the same impression this time around, but neither could I complain.

Remember that the water is likely very different and will probably produce different results on your hair.

My water at home is very acidic and hard. The ships filtered water is much softer.

Hotel toiletries actually take water variation into consideration. How (and what) toiletries are chosen is pretty interesting

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/travel_explainer/2015/08/hotel_toiletries_how_are_the_soaps_and_lotions_in_the_bathroom_chosen.html

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/hotels/2015/12/20/hotels-bathroom-toiletries-amenities/77534908/

I'm actually not a fan of the Bulgari scent in the suites. The Bulgari fragrance was extra concentrated. If you want to know who is in a suite in the elevator, a good sniff might identify them. Even knowing the branding doesn't mean that hotel version is the same formulation as retail version, I do feel nice toiletries help improve perceived luxury. Smart packaging also gets bonus points.

Can anyone tell me what toiletries are provided in the cabin?

And are they replenished once you've used them?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not elemis in balcony cabins , nice shampoo / conditioner and lotion and soap bars , no body wash so take your own .

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Not elemis in balcony cabins , nice shampoo / conditioner and lotion and soap bars , no body wash so take your own .

And yes they do replace them , we hide ours if we haven't used them as we use them for house guests , and they replenished without fail every time

First X cruise in Concierge 3 years ago. Liked the products. Cruised in balcony class in Feb this year. Could not stand the products and had not brought any. Bought a travel kit of L'Occitaine products from ship shop. I knew from the past I would like them. Now I have the remainder for other travels.

• 1 year later...
Concierge Class cabins and above get shower gel. Suites get Bulgari.

Really, I would have to get a Concierge Class stateroom to have shower gel? Hmm. I will have to pack my own, glad I'm driving to Seattle for our Alaska cruise, we have a balcony and it would take a lot of 3 oz bottles of repacked shower gel to get me through all those days! So, note to self, don't take a Celebrity Cruise where you have to fly unless you can also afford the higher class of stateroom. Ugh.

We will be in a balcony cabin on the Solstice at the end of the month. Is the shampoo and conditioner together as one product and not two separate containers? We are packing our own shower gel but sounds like we may need to pack shampoo and conditioner as we like them separated.