Need flights to Hamburg!!!

We are booked on Jade July 1-15 from Hamburg but flights from Boston area are astronomical. Anyone have ideas how to get cheaper flights?Thank you.

Just keep looking every day at different times and clear your cookies.

IMO you waited too long, I'm on a cruise leaving from Copenhagen in August, I booked that air back in January, the fare has doubled since I booked.

Also try other airports you are ok driving too. I'm fortunate with 3 major airports by me and I check fares from all 3.

Check the distance from Berlin, check those fares and transportation to the pier to see if it's cheaper

Edited by njkate

We are booked on Jade July 1-15 from Hamburg but flights from Boston area are astronomical. Anyone have ideas how to get cheaper flights?Thank you.

Welcome to the forum. I would ask this type of question over in the Cruise Air section of Cruise Critic. Here is the link for you:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128

We are sailing out of Rostock and found it much cheaper to fly into Frankfurt and take a train rather than fly to Berlin or Hamburg.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Try Iceland Air from BOS to FRA (Frankfurt) then get on the train to Hamburg. Its about a 4 hour train ride and shorter if you can get an ICE train.

Right not I'm showing a price of $790 on that flight and that is a really good price to Europe.

The same flight data from BOS to HAM is $1210 so even with figuring in the train fare you're ahead pricewise when flying into FRA.

Of course its a no frills flight. When I fly to Eruope I start looking about 4 months prior and check a lot, if prices aren't dropping I will not wait and book any later than 3 months prior.

I just booked a flight to Hamburg on Thursday. We are on the July 15th Norway cruise. It was cheaper to fly to Frankfurt, one way(going), but the round trip was only a few dollars less and not worth the train trip.

I would just go to google flight and just check all the airports around where you live and all the airports near Hamburg. That is what I did and finally after a few days, a cheaper flight came up and I booked it immediately, last two seats. $700 RT. I was sweating it for a bit since we had just booked the cruise a few days earlier. Some of the RT air were $2600 each!! Good luck. Also, there is a big festival in Hamburg the weekend you come back, so maybe that is why the flights are so expensive.

Just thinking outside the box. Why not book the 2-day from Southampton to Hamburg? One-way airfare to England and then one-way home from Germany. Would the total be less? I don't know, but I'm up for the adventure.

Or book 2-day from Southampton to Hamburg, then roundtrip Boston (or alternate airport) to England, and one-way from Germany to England on July 15 to catch flight from England back to US.

I am willing to get creative when saving money.

Edited by logan25

Alternative - Amsterdam ? KLM hub

Think of other major cities for airfare and combine with train fare.

Waiting for an expensive airplane flight when one could be on a

comfortable train and seeing something of Europe is more relaxed.

Expensive to leave London with the all fees taxes etc. so plan

a one-way in and other city out.

Use the Chunnel Train to get to the European continent and

on ward to your cruise destination city.

Did you try Norwegian Airlines to Copenhagen, they are not related with NCL. Their hub is Copenhagen, maybe you can score a non stop flight. The train ride is about 3 hours to Hamburg. Train Station Hamburg Altona would be the closest to the Cruise Port.

Good luck!

At this late stage the only thing you can do is look at outlying airports and make a connection or two. Also see if you can fly somewhere else in Europe and take the train to Hamburg.

Just keep looking every day at different times and clear your cookies.

IMO you waited too long, I'm on a cruise leaving from Copenhagen in August, I booked that air back in January, the fare has doubled since I booked.

Also try other airports you are ok driving too. I'm fortunate with 3 major airports by me and I check fares from all 3.

Check the distance from Berlin, check those fares and transportation to the pier to see if it's cheaper

Try Dusseldoff or Hanover or fly to UK and get Ryanair from STN

At this late stage of the cruise game - can't get the exact date flight you need - you are going to have to be

flexible to travel one or more days early or expand your airline city further away i.e. thinking of Munich Zurich Paris Brussels for instance.

Generally airfares just before the date of departure are at the peak - don't wait to peak out of your paid cruise !

I would definitely fly non stop into Frankfurt from Boston or even a NYC area airport and then take the train. Add another adventure to your trip on a very dependable train ride which should be 3.5 to 4 hours

Train Station Hamburg Altona would be the closest to the Cruise Port.

The Jade was supposed to dock in Altona for July 1st. But obviously she´s docking in Steinwerder. So Hamburg Central Station would be the better option. Some websites still have her in Altona but the port authority has her in Steinwerder.

But anyway... I also suggest to go to Frankfurt and take the train to Hamburg. Munich is the second major hub in Germany but that´s a 5 to 6 hour train ride. Not sure whether there´s a direct train from Amsterdam to Hamburg. You can also check whether you can get a flight to Berlin. I think Berlin - Hamburg is about an hour train ride.

But you have to be fast anyway as train tickets get more and more expensive the closer you get to the departure date too.

steamboats

Look at Boston to Manchester then book Ryan Air at $85 RT. It's 1.5-hour flight from Manchester to Hamburg.

Total price includes taxes + fees for 1 adult. Additional bag fees and other fees may apply

1. AA.png
    6:07 PM – 9:00 AM+1

American Finnair, Iberia, British Airways

9h 53m
    BOS–MAN
    1 stop
    1h 16m PHL
    $839
    round trip
  2. IMG]https://www.gstatic.com/flights/airline_logos/70px/multi.png[/img]
    3:09 PM – 6:55 AM+1

Delta, Virgin Atlantic Operated by Endeavor Air DBA Delta Connection
    10h 46m
    BOS–MAN
    1 stop
    2h 34m JFK
  3. $1,039
    round trip
  4. MT.png
    5:35 PM – 4:55 AM+1

Thomas Cook Airlines

6h 20m
    BOS–MAN
    Nonstop
    $1,271
    round trip

Edited by jdvmd

check Islandair, very good in pricing and also a good Airline would fly with them again.Also look at Norwegian Airline ( nothing to do with NCL, also good pricing ( friends have flown with with and said it was good also note that one way tickets are almost alway more then round trip flights

Marion

Edited by Letsgo 2