Alaska - Aft Cabin Electric Blanket

thesmiths

Anything under 80 degree's for my wife is cold!

We have an Aft Ext Cabin on the Legend for Alaska 8 day in May.

Starting to compile a list, Was going to put on the list an electric Blanket and extension cord to bring.

Any issues you see other then common sense?

Would wrap up the cord when not in use.

Before I mentioned anything to wifey I thought I would check here.

Do I leave her out there with it if it is raining? :-)

Starting to compile a list, Was going to put on the list an electric Blanket and extension cord to bring.

From the Prohibited Items List on Carnival website

• Electrical and household appliances, such as a coffee maker, hot plate, toaster, humidifier, etc.
  • Heating Pads

The term electric blanket is not specifically listed. Best to contact Carnival and ask.

I wouldn't be too hasty. Hair curling irons have heating elements and are approved for in cabin use.

Right, and not only do I bring a curling iron, but also an extension cord for a fan I carry on.....and have never had a problem! But I would call (although you may get varying answers depending on who you talk to...LOL) about the blanket itself!! or email CCL and ask.

It was RCL not Carnival, but I brought a extention cord and had it taken away from me as prohibited. Had to wait in line to get it back after the cruise.

I bring one for my electric clock i bring for my cabin. Im not tech enough to set a alarm on my tablet, i guess i should figure it out.

Dont assume the extension cord is ok though.

If they wouldn't allow me a heating pad to assist with my back pain I don't think they will allow your wife an electric blanket. I had copies of my scheduled surgery paperwork to use if I needed it to attend the special muster drill. I presented it when they took my heating pad. No, not allowed. I had missed it on the prohibited item list. My fault for not reading more carefully.

It was RCL not Carnival, but I brought a extention cord and had it taken away from me as prohibited. Had to wait in line to get it back after the cruise.

I bring one for my electric clock i bring for my cabin. Im not tech enough to set a alarm on my tablet, i guess i should figure it out.

Dont assume the extension cord is ok though.

They make battery operated clocks. I would think your plug in clock would lose or gain time as I don't think the frequency of the ship electricity would match that of your house.

Would wrap up the cord when not in use.

Before I mentioned anything to wifey I thought I would check here.

Do I leave her out there with it if it is raining? :-)

How about adult size thermal onesies? No electricity required. https://www.amazon.com/Funzee-Footed-Pajamas-Hooded-Jumpsuit/dp/B00GNBOO4I/ref=sr_1_40?ie=UTF8&qid=1508953937&sr=8-40&keywords=adult+thermal+onesie

Are you sure that going to Alaska is such a good idea? Outside temps will never get above 70 or so the entire week.

Yes, most definitely. It is on my wife's bucket list.

( Since her Brain Surgery a few years back hard to regulate heat & cold)

Moving around on ship and in port we'll have her dress accordingly ,layers, Under Armor etc....

Was just concerned about sitting on the balcony those first 2 days, Sea Day & Tracy Arm back to back.

Multiple blankets or the warm onesie may be an option as well.

Thanks all!

Are you sure that going to Alaska is such a good idea? Outside temps will never get above 70 or so the entire week.

I went in early May and it was easily 78 degrees every day except for when in the glacier where a coat was needed.

If you call CCL 5 times to ask you'll get 5 different answers.

Yes, most definitely. It is on my wife's bucket list.

( Since her Brain Surgery a few years back hard to regulate heat & cold)

Moving around on ship and in port we'll have her dress accordingly ,layers, Under Armor etc....

Was just concerned about sitting on the balcony those first 2 days, Sea Day & Tracy Arm back to back.

Multiple blankets or the warm onesie may be an option as well.

Thanks all!

Layers are good. Just back from Alaska in Sept and on a couple of days had on 4 layers.

Have a great trip.

I went in early May and it was easily 78 degrees every day except for when in the glacier where a coat was needed.

If you call CCL 5 times to ask you'll get 5 different answers.

Last month it was colder most days with lots and lots of rain. Great trip though.

Glacier bay was high 30's with strong winds so that was coldest.

Layers are good. Just back from Alaska in Sept and on a couple of days had on 4 layers.

Have a great trip.

How come the Angelenos has three and the ones from snow country had four?

we had some glorious warn days in the 70s and one of the worst rains they said all year.

Dont forget to bring a poncho. (or you will have to buy one). Dont let the rain ruin a day.

I went to the dollar store and got ponchos, 2 for $1 and worked fine.

Alaska was my favorite ever cruise.

PS I asked Customs after the cruise where they took away my extension cord why. The girl said I might hang myself. I just looked at her. some things are better not said like are you crazy?? it was like a 6 ft or at most 9 ft extension cord.

But yep thats what customs in Miami said to myself.... like i could hang myself with a 6 ft extension cord?? really???

Kinda like taking away my scissors and then giving us steak knives at dinner which would be easy to swipe one if i really wanted to hurt someone. Just stupid.

I just went out and bought some tiny scissors that meet the blade length allowed, hope they arent too small to cut. Im not buying a wind up clock just to cruise as someone suggested above. I havent cruised for 2 years. Just a waste of money for how little Ive been cruising lately.

Things just seemed to get old and too much and I took some time off cruising.

Edited by firefly333

How about bringing some hand and toe warmers. You can even buy the in larger sizes to warm the body. Just tuck a couple under the blanket. I have used these for winter sports and when I was a school crossing guard for 11 years. Here is a link from Amazon but you can buy them at places like Walmart. I was in Costco today and they were selling them by the case.

HotHands Hand and Body Super Warmer pk of 4