Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

I'm hoping the 5th Quantum class ship(2nd Quantum-Ultra class) replaces Anthem in Bayonne year round by 2020. Anthem will be going on 5 years in Bayonne since 2015.

I think I read Quantum 5 is due to sail in fall 2020, so maybe she makes her way to Bayonne at that point.

Here is a very early guess, but it is fun to speculate.

Anthem heads to Europe for a dry dock and Southampton summer season.

Independence, with her new fancy features from her upcoming dry dock, heads to Bayonne for the summer.

Quantum 5 arrives in Bayonne in the fall.

Anthem heads to Florida in the fall, after her summer in Europe.

Will be interesting to see the actual outcome.

I think I read Quantum 5 is due to sail in fall 2020, so maybe she makes her way to Bayonne at that point.

Independence, with her new fancy features from her upcoming dry dock, heads to Bayonne for the summer.

Those guesses seem plausible. Wish that they kept Indy with Anthem out of Southampton, as Explorer will be 20 years old by 2020. At least the UK and Bayonne will get 2 good ships either way.

What itineraries would Anthem do from Florida? I'm guessing that she could take on the 6/8NT itineraries, then EX or AD could do the 10/11 Southern itineraries which would allow Serenade to replace Grandeur in Baltimore. Either GR or RH will probably retire by then.

Those guesses seem plausible. Wish that they kept Indy with Anthem out of Southampton, as Explorer will be 20 years old by 2020. At least the UK and Bayonne will get 2 good ships either way.

What itineraries would Anthem do from Florida? I'm guessing that she could take on the 6/8NT itineraries, then EX or AD could do the 10/11 Southern itineraries which would allow Serenade to replace Grandeur in Baltimore. Either GR or RH will probably retire by then.

I could imagine a Quantum Class ship doing the 6/8 nighters from Port Everglades or the 9/5 nighters from Miami.

I could imagine a quantum class ship in Barcelona in winter [emoji7]

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Forums

I did HM out of BCN in mid-October and that was bad enough. Whilst Q Class ships are better for cold weather, the Med is simply not warm enough for year round cruising, IMO.

If Royal follows the same plan as this year, you'll see some fall 2020 itineraries coming out in Nov/Dec 2018, with remaining deployment coming in Spring 2019.

I hope it's before November 28th 2018, I have a cruise where the final payment is due that day and I want to move it to another date in the fall of 2020.

I don't want have to pay $ 100 per person change fee more then once to make the switch.

Jimbo:)

I could imagine a Quantum Class ship doing the 6/8 nighters from Port Everglades or the 9/5 nighters from Miami.

For such “sunny weather” cruises imho RCI has other ships, like Freedom, Voyager or Oasis Class.

And they’re deployed on those cruises as one can see.

Quantum Class ships are reserved for destinations with more mixed climate conditions, such as Northeast, Canada/NE or Alaska. Actually due to their construction they’d also fit for Northern Europe such as Fjords or Baltic, but some ports have size restrictions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For such “sunny weather” cruises imho RCI has other ships, like Freedom, Voyager or Oasis Class.

And they’re deployed on those cruises as one can see.

Quantum Class ships are reserved for destinations with more mixed climate conditions, such as Northeast, Canada/NE or Alaska. Actually due to their construction they’d also fit for Northern Europe such as Fjords or Baltic, but some ports have size restrictions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Fair points, but the same can be said about Radiance Class, and 3 of the 4 of them spend a lot of time in the Caribbean.

Anthem was actually supposed to do 6/8 nighters from Fort Lauderdale (spending the other half of the year in Southampton), prior to Quantum getting redeployed to China: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/os-royal-caribbean-anthem-of-the-seas-port-everglades-20131125-story.html

Fair points, but the same can be said about Radiance Class, and 3 of the 4 of them spend a lot of time in the Caribbean.

Anthem was actually supposed to do 6/8 nighters from Fort Lauderdale (spending the other half of the year in Southampton), prior to Quantum getting redeployed to China: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/os-royal-caribbean-anthem-of-the-seas-port-everglades-20131125-story.html

It's funny how they change everything so quick. Must have been a impulse decision with Mariner as it was after a lot of cruises had been released when they released Mariner.

Sent from my G8141 using Forums mobile app

Independence in Bayonne is a huge possibility, liberty was popular here and many were sad to see her go

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I did HM out of BCN in mid-October and that was bad enough. Whilst Q Class ships are better for cold weather, the Med is simply not warm enough for year round cruising, IMO.

Winter sailings from Malaga to the Canaries and Madeira on any ship would be very welcome! :cool:

2019 Jewel Of The Seas>>>>currently all 2019 cruises on JOS are show as "not available" when I try to book. This just starting late yesterday.

Does anyone know what is going on?

No info from the cruise line, but that's normal. Could be a redeployment or just another glitch in the website.

2019 Jewel Of The Seas>>>>currently all 2019 cruises on JOS are show as "not available" when I try to book. This just starting late yesterday.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Even my back up 2019 Jewel Eastbound TA is not there??

Ohhhh Royal.....[emoji19]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk