What do you do?

Hi Everyone,

I guess this question applies more to the ladies. What do you do with your personal belonging that you would normally have in your purse when you are taking an excursion where you do swimming/snorkeling off a sailboat or catamaran? I plan on taking our seapass cards, credit cards, passports and some money when we are on excursions which I would normally put in my purse but I wouldn't want to leave all that unattended on the excursion boat as it seems that if you go on these snorkeling excursions, the excursion boat lets you disembark and then you swim to shore to enjoy the beach and lunch etc. So what do you do with your things? I know when we went on the Monarch way back in 1993, I know i had a purse with our valuables and we did one of those excursions where we swam to shore and I just can't remember for the life of me how I handled my belongings on that excursion. Thanks in advance!

When doing such activities, I'll ask the tour guide to watch it for me. I've never had an issue, especially if they know it will probably increase their tip.

Edited by Virtopia

When I did an excursion where we were off and on the boat for snorkeling, swim break, walking ashore for lunch or a bathroom/look at iguanas break, they had a locked chest we all put our bags in. If we needed money for drinks at lunch, most of us had that in ziplock baggies (though the place was accustomed to wet money) and got to pull that out before the chest was locked back up.

The other one I've done with snorkeling, there was no stop other than snorkeling, so I think the bags just stayed where we put them. It wasn't a huge catamaran, and pretty much someone was always on there so no concern.

I also don't take a crap-ton of stuff with me. Just the minimal basics.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

Leave your passport on the ship. You can bring a copy off ship to make it easier to get a replacement if you need one. Your credit card and drivers license should both be waterproof as is your sign and sail card. Buy a waterproof bag you can take in the water if your are afraid of losing any thing. The US dollar doesn't dissolve in water. Put your money and cards in a plastic ziplock bag and stuff it in your swimsuit.

Does anyone know if you can buy a kyss bag in orlando airport.

Ive looked for one in the uk but cant find one anywhere.

Would be great if i could buy one on getting off the plane

Thanks everyone for all the information! Great suggestion about making copies of our passports and keeping them locked in the safe. Will definitely do that and will look into a KYSS bag for sure!

Edited by ramanda

I googled KYSS bags and also came up with a Splash Caddy as a result which you can wear on your waist. They seem to be very waterproof from the reviews I am reading and would fit the items I want with room to spare it looks like. Only thing is I don't think you can put a camera in them.

Edited by ramanda

We leave passports on the ship, bring sea pass, a picture ID, one credit card and a little cash. It all goes into an aquapac that my husband either attaches to his swim trunks or wears as a lanyard. If it is an excursion that includes lunch, we leave credit card in safe but still bring a little cash for tips. Our aquapac also fits a cell phone, so we bring one depending on the excursion.

As far as camera, we have a small waterproof camera that we use. Takes great underwater pictures. We leave the big DSLR on the ship unless one of us is not going in the water.

My purse, on a cruise contains lipstick, tissues,comb, ...and my room key...That's about it! When I go ashore, I throw a little cash, and my DL in there.

You don't need much. Hubby carries a credit card, should we need more cash than we are carrying (which isn't much!)...we make no plans to spend a bundle !

\

\You are fine leaving your "stuff" on your mode of transport !

Edited by cb at sea

Small water wallet that holds seapass, credit card, photocopy of passport in plastic sandwich bag and some cash. Believe me, cash can go through a washer and dryer and come out in perfectly good condition - don't ask.

I bought a water proof pouch to hold my sea pass, ID needed for the port, credit card and camera. I even ended up using it around the ship.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Edited by LuCruise

Hi Everyone,

I guess this question applies more to the ladies. What do you do with your personal belonging that you would normally have in your purse when you are taking an excursion where you do swimming/snorkeling off a sailboat or catamaran? I plan on taking our seapass cards, credit cards, passports and some money when we are on excursions which I would normally put in my purse but I wouldn't want to leave all that unattended on the excursion boat as it seems that if you go on these snorkeling excursions, the excursion boat lets you disembark and then you swim to shore to enjoy the beach and lunch etc. So what do you do with your things? I know when we went on the Monarch way back in 1993, I know i had a purse with our valuables and we did one of those excursions where we swam to shore and I just can't remember for the life of me how I handled my belongings on that excursion. Thanks in advance!

Waterproof water wallet.

I love the passport card. I use it for photo ID and don't fear loosing my drivers license and passport stays on the ship.

Agree with less is better. Instead of a 'pocket book' get a backpack or waterproof bag, depending on tour. Ziplock bag some cash for tips, a credit card, your sea pass card and photo ID.

Don't forget that all important bottle of water so you stay hydrated. Sun screen applied when onboard and again after swimming.

The backpack holds so much more, including souvenirs and makes going through ship security easier than loading a bunch of bags and trying to keep track of everything.

I love the passport card. I use it for photo ID and don't fear loosing my drivers license and passport stays on the ship.

Agree with less is better. Instead of a 'pocket book' get a backpack or waterproof bag, depending on tour. Ziplock bag some cash for tips, a credit card, your sea pass card and photo ID.

Don't forget that all important bottle of water so you stay hydrated. Sun screen applied when onboard and again after swimming.

The backpack holds so much more, including souvenirs and makes going through ship security easier than loading a bunch of bags and trying to keep track of everything.

Thanks for reminding me about the sunscreen! I wasn't even thinking of that! I do have passport cards as well as passports and was planning on bringing them. You're right, no big deal if you lose them.

Edited by ramanda

I use a KYSS bag too. I have a medium and it's quite large!

Great for poolside also. Just gives me more peace of mind when leaving my kindle, seapass, phone, etc. on my lounge chair when going into the pool, to the bar, etc.

Also use at our local beaches.

May be overkill, but I still use a waterproof waist bag for seapass, cc and a small bit of money when we snorkel or are away from our "stuff" on beaches at some ports just in case someone decides to "snip" the chain.

Great for poolside also. Just gives me more peace of mind when leaving my kindle, seapass, phone, etc. on my lounge chair when going into the pool, to the bar, etc.

Also use at our local beaches.

May be overkill, but I still use a waterproof waist bag for seapass, cc and a small bit of money when we snorkel or are away from our "stuff" on beaches at some ports just in case someone decides to "snip" the chain.

Not overkill at all. The chain on Kyss bags can be cut very quickly and easily.

Best use of my passport card is for ID when off the ship. I like that it is credit card size. I leave my passport in the safe. So yes my passport card was $20 just to have another ID.