Transferring a booking

suzyed

Can someone please explain "transferring a booking"? Under what circumstances would one do this? Pros/Cons? Can they be transferred from a TA to Princess or Princess to a TA?

Thanks in advance.

Can someone please explain "transferring a booking"? Under what circumstances would one do this? Pros/Cons? Can they be transferred from a TA to Princess or Princess to a TA?

Thanks in advance.

I assume that everyone wants to get the best price so here's what I do. I first look at the Princess Web site for the cruise I'm interested in to see the price. I have a T/A whose prices & perks outway what I get directly from Princess. With this information in hand I contact my T/A to see what price I can get & if I like there price I have them make the booking. If I felt that I needed a reservation right away then I would make my reservation with Princess & my T/A can transfer my booking. An advantage of keeping your booking with Princess is that you can easily contact them to make changes or add on things rather than having to go through your T/A. I have yet to find that the price or perks outway what my T/A gives me.

Your booking can be transferred either way.

Tom😎

I assume that everyone wants to get the best price so here's what I do. I first look at the Princess Web site for the cruise I'm interested in to see the price. I have a T/A whose prices & perks outway what I get directly from Princess. With this information in hand I contact my T/A to see what price I can get & if I like there price I have them make the booking. If I felt that I needed a reservation right away then I would make my reservation with Princess & my T/A can transfer my booking. An advantage of keeping your booking with Princess is that you can easily contact them to make changes or add on things rather than having to go through your T/A. I have yet to find that the price or perks outway what my T/A gives me.

Your booking can be transferred either way.

Tom😎

Thank you...that is pretty much how we do it too. I have never booked directly with Princess or any line for the matter, (with the possible exception of Royal). I always get a better price with a ta. I guess I am wondering what the benefit of transferring is? I guess if you are jumping in for a specific cabin, I get it.

If I book with a ta and then see a different ta with a better deal can I switch between them? Do they have to get an ok from Princess?

If I book with a ta and then see a different ta with a better deal can I switch between them? Do they have to get an ok from Princess?

You can transfer between TAs as long as it's within the rules (no money on the file/before final payment) but you have to get the original booking TA to okay and instigate the transfer and they likely won't be too happy about it if they've already done the work and won't keep the commission.

so, if they've REALLY done you wrong and you're super unhappy with their work/service/whatever, then you can do it. but it would be easier (and less confrontational with the original agent) to just cancel the booking with them and rebook with a new agency.

If you don't have a TA you can book with Princess and then transfer the booking once you have done research for the better price. By doing this you have already reserved the room along with any promotions that the cruise line may be offering at the time.

If you don't have a TA you can book with Princess and then transfer the booking once you have done research for the better price. By doing this you have already reserved the room along with any promotions that the cruise line may be offering at the time.

I just did that. Booked a cruise on the princess website to get my preferred cabin on the day it was released. I called my TA to transfer the cruise to her. She filled out the form for a transfer. Princess ended up cancelling the cruise instead of transferring it. By the time we realized this someone else booked my cabin. We ended up rebooking with a less desirable cabin.

• 3 months later...
I just did that. Booked a cruise on the princess website to get my preferred cabin on the day it was released. I called my TA to transfer the cruise to her. She filled out the form for a transfer. Princess ended up cancelling the cruise instead of transferring it. By the time we realized this someone else booked my cabin. We ended up rebooking with a less desirable cabin.

WOW - is this common? Sorry to dig up an older thread, but I did a search instead of creating a new thread.

I have already booked directly with Princess. I was planning to transfer to a TA or Big Box, but his info. has me stunned.

WOW - is this common? Sorry to dig up an older thread, but I did a search instead of creating a new thread.

I have already booked directly with Princess. I was planning to transfer to a TA or Big Box, but his info. has me stunned.

I usually book with princess when I find a cruise I want then transfer to my TA. I have done this many times successfully. This is the first time this has happened. May have something to do with the ship redeployment that was happening and the cruise eventually was changed to a week later.

The TA will also add some $$$ SBC :):).

Tony

I had used a TA but don't get the things that you guys are mentioning like 10% off price and OBC etc. How do go about finding good TA's like it seems yours are? I have no idea where to start.

Pooh

Pooh, you need to give people a way to contact you to advise about their TA.

Separate but related thought, we have re-fared a couple of times when Princess offered a better promotion. TA was happy to oblige, does the TA lose money by re-faring to a lower price ? If they do I assume it is just part of life as a TA.

After the final payment date, you can't transfer a cruise. I tried once when I booked a cruise on a weekend to grab a great rate. I also booked a cruise this past Friday after placing a hold on it late Thursday night. I was out of town for the day and played phone tag with my TA. He missed out on getting the booking since I had to once again grab a great rate before it disappeared.

You can transfer between TAs as long as it's within the rules (no money on the file/before final payment) but you have to get the original booking TA to okay and instigate the transfer and they likely won't be too happy about it if they've already done the work and won't keep the commission.

so, if they've REALLY done you wrong and you're super unhappy with their work/service/whatever, then you can do it. but it would be easier (and less confrontational with the original agent) to just cancel the booking with them and rebook with a new agency.

We transferred all 8 of our future cruises that had been booked with a TA back to Princess and then transferred them to our new TA. Less controversial than TA to TA and able to keep our existing promtions vs losing them if using the rebooking option. Also we didn't want to take the slight chance of losing our favorite cabin on rebooking since they are two off cabins.

We transferred all 8 of our future cruises that had been booked with a TA back to Princess and then transferred them to our new TA. Less controversial than TA to TA and able to keep our existing promtions vs losing them if using the rebooking option. Also we didn't want to take the slight chance of losing our favorite cabin on rebooking since they are two off cabins.

Agree. I was going to post the same thing when I reached the end of the thread, but you already said it, so I will just agree and move on.

Although what happens if I already purchased travel insurance & that TA made the payment for the insurance, Of course with my credit card . In the event that I want to transfer the booking to different TA???

The cruise is way out, in 2019.

Thanks for the info

I am wanting to transfer my booking to my TA and wondering what the process is? Do you email? Where to? Or fax?

The TA can do it. They need all the information from you as to ship, date, etc. They do all the work to get it transferred and will be most happy to do it (and get the commission).

Although what happens if I already purchased travel insurance & that TA made the payment for the insurance, Of course with my credit card . In the event that I want to transfer the booking to different TA???

The cruise is way out, in 2019.

Thanks for the info

Just let the TA know you already have insurance and to give you a credit back to your credit card.

Easy Peasy