Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:20 AM.
Queen creek arizona
135 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
So I was concerned that my wife who just cruised alaska on the ruby with her mom was gonna say we are booking with someone else cause I was hearing mixed reviews from her when she called me from the ports. It turns out her mom hated everything. From getting sick the 1st day at sea to not wanting to spend much time in the ports other than the whale excursion in juneau to the food.. So my wife is like I need a vacation from my trip with my mom. So me and her 10 day southern on the crown out of ft lauderdale inside cabin riveria deck front of ship dec 7th embarking. This will be my 1st princess cruise
22 Posts
Joined Dec 2017
Originally posted by Badgeaz
So I was concerned that my wife who just cruised alaska on the ruby with her mom was gonna say we are booking with someone else cause I was hearing mixed reviews from her when she called me from the ports. It turns out her mom hated everything. From getting sick the 1st day at sea to not wanting to spend much time in the ports other than the whale excursion in juneau to the food.. So my wife is like I need a vacation from my trip with my mom. So me and her 10 day southern on the crown out of ft lauderdale inside cabin riveria deck front of ship dec 7th embarking. This will be my 1st princess cruise
Very excited for you. Have a fantastic trip

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app
COLORADO
60,800 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Excellent!! Ha a vacation from a vacation.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Keith
Princess Elite Member

67 Princess Cruises

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

USNS HARKNESS T-AGS 32
Chico, California
11,964 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by Colo Cruiser
Excellent!! Ha a vacation from a vacation.
I've had people ask me why I need a vacation if I'm retired. Okay, I can see that retirement is essentially a vacation but it's good to do things other than simply sit at home. I can't wait for my next "vacation" in November.

OP: Enjoy your cruise. It took my wife many years to get me to go on a cruise. I didn't want to go and knew for certain I would hate everything about it. Nope. One was all it took to get me hooked. I hope you have the same experience! (I feel sorry for your wife having to be on a cruise with someone who hated everything. Hopefully she will love this cruise. Be nice to her and don't complain even if there is something that bugs you.. )
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thrak

Not Elite but having fun working on it...

Queen creek arizona
135 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
The nice thing is it looks like the crown is a sister ship of the ruby? So my wife can be the tour guide
Queen creek arizona
135 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
We have a inside cabin r236 front of ship. Which is fine she had a balcony on the ruby which for alaska I think is ideal. For the 10 day southern carribean. We opted for a cheaper price. I care about the ports .
South Carolina
31,080 Posts
Joined Dec 2001
Gosh, your wife needs this cruise! Great of you to go with her this time!
Enjoy!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Sailing! OCruisers (LuLu & Roundman)
80+ Cruises .... Princess, Celebrity, RCCL, HAL, Carnival, NCL, Costa, etc. (Still miss Sitmar)
Chelsea MA
5,412 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
Originally posted by OCruisers
Gosh, your wife needs this cruise! Great of you to go with her this time!
Enjoy!
I agree with LuLu Have a great cruise!!
Tony
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MotorHome Fulltime Western US
617 Posts
Joined Jun 2014
The Crown (vs. Ruby or Emerald) still has Sabatini's deck 16 aft - a wonderful location and a good place for a special dinner. Go to Adagio next door for pre-dinner drinks.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-- Warren and Marla
Home is where we park it!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Recent:
Ruby Princess Catalina 25 Nov 2017
Ruby Princess Sea of Cortez 29 Nov 2017
Emerald Princess Hawai'i/Samoa/Tahiti R/T LA Mar 30 2018

Upcoming:
Star Princess Hawai'i R/T LA Nov 19 2018
Royal Princess Mexican Riviera Mar 23, 2019
Caribbean Princess Eastern/Western Caribbean Jul 13, 2019
Island Princess Hawaii/Samoa/Tahiti - Round Trip LA Apr 11, 2020
Florida
2,214 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
The nice thing is it looks like the crown is a sister ship of the ruby? So my wife can be the tour guide

you might want to explore changing your forward inside on Riveria to an aft on the same floor...then closer and out the "secret" door to the aft adult pool, outrigger bar, and the buffet for quick snacks...just a thought...we always try to book back there.
San Francisco Bay Area
8,179 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Originally posted by voljeep
you might want to explore changing your forward inside on Riveria to an aft on the same floor...then closer and out the "secret" door to the aft adult pool, outrigger bar, and the buffet for quick snacks...just a thought...we always try to book back there.
Just be careful to check what is above you on the Riviera deck on this ship. If under a cabin or an area that is carpeted, you should be ok. I think the room up front is a better choice on this deck but am a light sleeper so don’t like hearing deck chairs, footsteps, kitchen noises, etc. over my head. There are some decent rooms, even in the aft area ...just chose one carefully.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruise Raider
Queen creek arizona
135 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
Will princesss offer me upgrades now that the cruise is paid or will they send my ta an offer to contact me
227 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
Have a great first cruise! You are going to love it!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Susie OK
Grand Princess Alaska September 2019
Royal Princess January 2019
Regal Princess July 2016 Europe
Crown Princess May 2016 Alaska
Royal Princess Dec 2015
Oceania Riviera January 2015
Disney Fantasy November 2014
Emerald Princess February 2014
Disney Magic January 2013
Disney Fantasy December 2012
Golden Princess Alaska August 2012
Disney Fascination May 2012
Caribbean Princess Southern Carib. Dec 2011
Carnival Fascinatnion July 2011
Sapphire Princess Alaska June 2011
Nieuw Amsterdam Dec. 5, 2010
Radiance of the Seas Nov. 2010
Coral Princess Alaska May 2010
Seven Seas Navigator April 2010
Disney Magic February 2010
Seven Seas Mariner Caribbean April 2008
Seven Seas Navigator Caribbean Dec. 2007
Seven Seas Voyager Crossing Nov. 2007
Regent Seven Seas Mariner Alaska June 2006
Carnival Imagination Southern Caribbean Dec. 2002
Carnival Fascination West. Caribbean Dec. 2002
League City, TX
42,575 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Will princesss offer me upgrades now that the cruise is paid or will they send my ta an offer to contact me
Any upsell offer or free upgrade notice would be sent to the TA. However, if it is a free upgrade notice you should be able to see the upgrade in the Personalizer even if the TA did not contact you.
Dallas, TX
553 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
You will look great by comparison! Just allow her to be the expert. There's a great romantic view from the front of the ship on Deck 8 - Emerald.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Celebrity Constellation (2016) Penthouse
Celebrity Constellation (2014) Penthouse
Princess Grand Princess (2012) Vista Suite
Princess Crown Princess (2011) Mini-Suite
Princess Emerald Princess (2010) Mini-Suite
Carnival Conquest (2008) Aft-View Extended Balcony
Princess Grand Princess (2003) Premium Balcony
Carnival Victory (2002) Aft-View Extended Balcony
Celebrity Century (1997) Century Suite
Carnival Fantasy (1997) Aft Ocean View