Eastern Caribbean Itinerary 2018 changes confirmed by email

mcmomny

Got an email this morning with the itinerary changes for our 2/10/2018 Eastern Caribbean on the Epic.

We were calling on St Thomas and Tortola, now we are calling on Nassau, Falmouth Jamaica and George Town Grand Cayman. An extra port of call for our sailing.

Got an email this morning with the itinerary changes for our 2/10/2018 Eastern Caribbean on the Epic.

We were calling on St Thomas and Tortola, now we are calling on Nassau, Falmouth Jamaica and George Town Grand Cayman. An extra port of call for our sailing.

I am glad you got the official notification. Let's hope there are no more changes for those of you sailing the eastern route. I know this has to be hard on everyone. And I can imagine how busy the western ports are going to be in the next 6 months. It will be gold for the natives on those islands but hell for lots of the tourists. I am glad we did our bookings for excursions for our western cruise in November.

I"m on the Feb. 24th sailing and got the same email. I'm somewhat bummed that they gave us a 4th port, but at least the ship won't be as crowded that day. I happen to enjoy sea days and enjoy watching the water as we sail. We'll be staying on the ship in Nassau but it's just not as relaxing. There's nothing like listening to the water as you relax in the sun on a lounger!

Hope you get your notice. A lot of us on the 12/3 12 day wished we'd gotten ours before final.

I hear you, my wife and I decided if NCL does not have a new itinerary before final payment we will cancel

I"m on the Feb. 24th sailing and got the same email. I'm somewhat bummed that they gave us a 4th port, but at least the ship won't be as crowded that day. I happen to enjoy sea days and enjoy watching the water as we sail. We'll be staying on the ship in Nassau but it's just not as relaxing. There's nothing like listening to the water as you relax in the sun on a lounger!

We are also on the Feb 24th sailing, but on the Escape. We have not received an email. Unfortunately, we will more than likely cancel and do a southern cruise or do an all inclusive somewhere if we get rerouted to the Western (which appears very likely at this point)

Must be nice to get a email I'm on the dawn out of San Juan on Nov 12 and NCL still can't make a decision on this cruise. Everytime you call them they just read you the dame bs that ksnon there website. I guess they feel it is safe to go there what a joke

Must be nice to get a email I'm on the dawn out of San Juan on Nov 12 and NCL still can't make a decision on this cruise. Everytime you call them they just read you the dame bs that ksnon there website. I guess they feel it is safe to go there what a joke

Do YOU have more up to date knowledge about the "safety" in San Juan? My latest is that only 5% of the island has electricity.

If you are uncomfortable then cancel.

Do YOU have more up to date knowledge about the "safety" in San Juan? My latest is that only 5% of the island has electricity.

If you are uncomfortable then cancel.

I think they are a little past final payment just to cancel

I agree, we are on the Epic Dec 30th sail; we like days at sea and booked this because it was only 3 ports.

We will have a great time anyway!!! :D

Edited by Cruisercl

I think they are a little past final payment just to cancel

Really I wish I could cancel but now I will loose money since we are way beyond final payment. Not sure why they are worried about a cruise in Dec or Feb and not one that is leaving in 41 days out of Puerto Rico

Really I wish I could cancel but now I will loose money since we are way beyond final payment. Not sure why they are worried about a cruise in Dec or Feb and not one that is leaving in 41 days out of Puerto Rico

I'm going to guess, but they are probably still working our the logistics of which ports you are going to.

I'm going to guess, but they are probably still working our the logistics of which ports you are going to.

That's what they are doing on Jade November 27th for sure. Astute detectives on our roll call have discovered three of our ports by using websites that list the ships in port on a given day. So far they have found Jamaica, Grand Cayman...and drum roll....CURACAO! I think the latter means we will get to visit the unaffected ports left on our cruise. We have not been to the first two so don't mind going there and although we've been to Curacao a couple of times, don't mind to go back.

I am hoping so.

Following the news concerning the conditions on the ground at the various Caribbean Islands it is obvious that just from what we are being told on the different networks we CAN"T possibly predict what ports will be open or what there will be at those ports in the way of tourism.

I hope and am pretty sure NCL and all the other lines have boots on the ground and have a much better sense of the reality of the unfolding situation rather than just what is privy to us from media sources.

This is one huge bowl of lemons for the cruise industry and NCL and others are doing their best, which may or may not satisfy all, to make lemonade.

I hope whatever they do will be best for the devastated lives of those on the Islands as well as for their passengers..

bosco

Anybody think that the USVI Governor has enough of his own boots on the ground to have made this prediction as quoted in USA Today: "Even as work continues to restore basic infrastructure such as power in some areas hit hard by hurricanes Irma and Maria, Gov. Kenneth Mapp on Tuesday said late October was a realistic target for having cruise vessels return to the islands."

I suspect NCL is day to day on whether Dawn can sail from San Juan on your date, and they are hoping to hear soon that the airport, airlines, port, hotels and transportation will be able to keep your sailing as is. If not they must relocate the ship and work with the airlines to change everyone's flights in time. A big headache for sure for them and the passengers. But in the case they need to do that I think the decision point has to be only a week away before they have to decide if they are going to move it.

We are on the Dec 30 Epic sailing and we received the itinerary change email this morning. Under the circumstances we are still going to make the best of it and enjoy the sunshine as it beats the cold and snow.

Sailing on the Breakaway 1/5/18 and just got final payment notice. Prior to that they had said that a revised itinerary would be released prior to then. Since they have already announced itinerary changes for cruises after ours feel it is very unfair that they heave not prior to final payment so people could make choices. Since this is a 14 day I feel they fear a lot of cancellations.

Strange, we're on the same sailing but haven't seen an e-mail. Based on the other threads, I did see that we were were going to be in Jamaica and Grand Cayman based on looking at port schedules (and noticed we were not in Cozumel -- yea! for that that). I assume that we are still stopping at Great Stirrup Cay?