Club class dining question

smeck

For those who have used Club Class dining. How quick is Club Class dining? Need info for planning activities.

Thank you in advance

It’s not quick. It’s not intended to be quick. You are seated quickly though. No line. But the dining experience is not. You can expect to be seated immediately upon arrival. Other than that, it has been my experience that dinner lasts at least an hour and a half. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I only have experience on one ship, the Grand. Lunch was about 45 min- 1 hr, dinner about 1.5 hrs. However, we did expedite this a few times at dinner by sharing with our great waitstaff that our 4 year old was hitting her limit after long days and we would order right away. That decreased dinner to about 45 min/an hour. Have fun!

Thanks!

Was it about an hour and a half for lunch as well?

We never ate lunch in the dining room. We had breakfast in Sabatini’s each morning (suite perk). We usually had more of a snack mid day since breakfast carried us through most of the day and we didn’t want to spoil dinner. This was on the CB, by the way.

We like to eat when they open. Club Class on our recent Emerald cruise was very quick and efficient. 1 hour or so for dinner.

Same here on the Regal in June. Also, on a couple occasions when we wanted to see an early show, we let our waitstaff know in advance and they kept the courses flowing at a quickened pace.

We never ate lunch in the dining room. We had breakfast in Sabatini’s each morning (suite perk). We usually had more of a snack mid day since breakfast carried us through most of the day and we didn’t want to spoil dinner. This was on the CB, by the way.

That was a truly great experience for us as well. 29 days on the CB during a BTB and we adopted the waitstaff in Sabatini's. We got home and I kept looking for my Mimosa, pastry tray, and "skinny" latte. A great perk for full suite holders and VIPs. Breakfast there took anywhere from 45min to an hour depending on the conversation and the refills on the expresso.

We have had the same experience with dinner in the MDR as to time spent. While dinner usually lasted about 1.5 hours on different occasions we have told the waiters that we need to be out in 1 hour and they met the request. The only hangup is is your have a slow eater at your table that can really delay the meal. One cruise we were at a table of 8 and had a very slow eater (talked too much) and our dinners lasted 2 hours. :eek:

Lunch and breakfast at a table of 6 usually lasted about an hour or less. If you are wanting to eat faster, get a table for 2.

Being in the education world, taking my time - all the time I want - to eat a meal is a splurge I always look forward to. My DW and I are usually one of the last ones in the MD at dinner that might last up to 2 hours. We never over stay our welcome, however, as we know the staff works really hard and would like to get outa there at some point.

Happy Sailing!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Lunch usually was 45 minutes to an hour depending on how many of each selection you pick. Dinner was the normal hour and a halfish. You are seated quickly, but everything else is normal cruise ship dining room time wise.

Used club class on Emerald in July. Four in our group. Lunch was under an hour. Dinner was around an hour. When we docked in Victoria, BC Club Class expedited everyone because of the short shore excursion time.

We just got off the Grand and meal service was very quick. We were generally out in about 45-60 minutes. We were also seated promptly every night except on the last formal night. The hostess actually told us to come back in 30 minutes. Wasn’t a big deal, but Club Class is supposed to have no/minimal wait times. I thought 30 mins was a little long.

We just got off the Grand and meal service was very quick. We were generally out in about 45-60 minutes. We were also seated promptly every night except on the last formal night. The hostess actually told us to come back in 30 minutes. Wasn’t a big deal, but Club Class is supposed to have no/minimal wait times. I thought 30 mins was a little long.

Yikes, I would not be happy to be told to come back in 30 minutes. I pay a premium to not have to wait. I'd have taken that up with the hotel manager.

We are off the Regal about a month ago, and we were able to expedite a few meals. We were in a rush and shared that with the host when being seated, and I think we were out in around 30 minutes. Service in CC was fast and pretty dang accommodating - I'd be shocked if you couldn't get out in 25 for breakfast or 45 for dinner if you let them know up front.