Exclusive: Royal Caribbean to Introduce All-Suite Complex on Next Cruise Ship

Typical...Just more for the suites and continuing to forget about the loyal D+ cruiser's who helped to make the cruiseline what it is today.

This made me laugh because one of the comments in the news article is: "About time too, RCI panders too much to its Loyalty programme customers and has neglected its paying suite guests for far too long."

This made me laugh because one of the comments in the news article is: "About time too, RCI panders too much to its Loyalty programme customers and has neglected its paying suite guests for far too long."

Yes'''laughable" not sure I know how many D+ loyal's would consider their being "pandered" to now a days.

Long expensive journey (the hard way) to finally reach D+ for many of us.

Evolve or wither and die

Would you say the same thing if you weren’t Pinicle and still D+?

I read your last trip report and was wondering what there was to do for those that weren’t Pinicle as they appeared to really cater to that group only on that cruise.

Would you say the same thing if you weren’t Pinicle and still D+?

I read your last trip report and was wondering what there was to do for those that weren’t Pinicle as they appeared to really cater to that group only on that cruise.

Probably, but then I like the direction they are going. If I was a mid tier D+ and unhappy with where the brand is heading, we'd probably move over to Celebrity.

There were only a couple PC events. Not sure where you're going with that. Obviously the CL was missing for the D+ cruiser, but other than might 1 I never heard any complaints. The cruise overall had the feel of a TA, I guess that's the norm for repositioning cruises.

If I had to guess, the cruisers beneath Diamond had more to lose than the D and D+

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Probably, but then I like the direction they are going. If I was a mid tier D+ and unhappy with where the brand is heading, we'd probably move over to Celebrity.

That may not be satisfactory to some either. There's no dedicated lounge for any levels but Zenith on Celebrity. As with Royal's Suite Life, Zenith share Michael's with the suites.They do have a cocktail hour in the Sky Lounge for elites and up that I'm pretty sure is shorter than Royal's.

Typical...Just more for the suites and continuing to forget about the loyal D+ cruiser's who helped to make the cruiseline what it is today.

+ will be banned from this ship and all others like it, didn't you know that:rolleyes:

I'm not sure what your point is. I too am D+ but I just spent more money in less time to reach that status, and We too are loyal paying customers. The old saying's are: you get what you pay for and nothing is free.

That may not be satisfactory to some either. There's no dedicated lounge for any levels but Zenith on Celebrity. As with Royal's Suite Life, Zenith share Michael's with the suites.They do have a cocktail hour in the Sky Lounge for elites and up that I'm pretty sure is shorter than Royal's.

I was trying to keep my example to the D+ cruiser that had no aspirations of PC. Those are the Elites, correct.

Shorter shouldn't be a problem. I would imagine Royal made theirs 3.5 hours to accommodate dining times. It would not bother me if it was shorter

I assumed that Royal would have a separate suite complex equivalent to The Haven or Yacht Club on the new Icon class. However I am surprised that they are trying this on Spectrum. Should be interesting to see the new deck plan.

How dare a company try to increase profits! :D

In any event, nothing prevents the "loyal D+ cruiser's (sic)" from booking a suite.

Yes'''laughable" not sure I know how many D+ loyal's would consider their being "pandered" to now a days.

No one is denying you anything. But only yourself. If you want to enjoy the perks of the suite life of cruising, lease/rent/purchase a suite on your next cruise.

It appears the industry as a whole is attmpting to fill a market as opposed to creating a market. RCL must follow or they will be a drift in the wake of others.

Forgot to ask earlier.

What is (the hard way)?

We took vacations and eventually became D+.

Am I missing something?

Truth be told, they probably should have restricted the CL on Mariner to Suites only for the repo I was just on

Forgot to ask earlier.

What is (the hard way)?

We took vacations and eventually became D+.

Am I missing something?

I went out and enjoyed a lot of great cruises and along the way picked up D+. I don't remember it being hard, in fact it was down right enjoyable.