9 pax denied boarding, Allure OTS

A ton of potential reasons.....Unless someone was nearby when they were denied and comments here, we may never know.

Or, tomorrow someone will post that the evil corporation would not let them board just because they forgot ID, or we using a stolen credit card, or Homeland Security said no....All kinds of reasons.

I was just listening to the port authorities talking to the Allure OTS, and heard that 9 passengers were denied boarding, and they were still waiting for 3 more to arrive before departing.

Does anyone know of a reason for denying boarding, other than no proper ID?

Stan

Yep. Once while waiting to board a Carnival (yuck, won't do that again) cruise, a dog came sniffing a guy beside me whom I had been chatting with. Seems he had wacky weed and was denied boarding.

Allure leaving now.

<Speculation on>

1. Lack of proper ID.

2. Possession of prohibited (!) items.

3. Possession of prohibited items and arguing and becoming belligerent about possession of prohibited items.

4. Outstanding criminal warrant.

<Speculation off>

Allure just left. I think it was just a couple minutes before 6:00PM. The ship appeared to have near capacity numbers of passengers.

I can't imagine why nine people would be denied boarding. Could they have insisted on carrying weapons? Maybe they were all drunk and disorderly. Who knows?

Edited by Gangway Style

I admit that I've watched "Extreme Cruise Ship" a few too many times (if it ever gets erased from my DVR, there will be hell to pay), and they had quite a few instances of people who were initially denied boarding, but some where able to come up with the proper documents:

-one lady booked the cruise using her new married name, but her IDs all had her maiden name (she ended up getting other ID faxed)

-child did not have a birth certificate (but got it faxed)

-a woman brought an expired passport, and she couldn't get one of the other approved IDs in place of it (denied)

-a family traveling without one of the parents of a child needed to get a letter from the parent not traveling giving permission from the child to sail (my husband always thought that you would never need that in such a circumstance... And his divorced brother just went to Canada with his kids. They asked him for a letter from his ex-wife. Luckily he had it, and now my husband is a believer ;) This family got it faxed.

-the last one was a man whose assistant's name was on the manifest, not his. Don't know if she booked a cruise and couldn't go and they thought they could just switch it at the pier or if the assistant made a mistake. Either way, he was denied.

--------

On our last cruise, I asked the agent how often people get denied boarding, and he said it really doesn't happen often. He said that the vast majority of the people get denied for improper ID (expired passport or license, no ID for children, not enough ID).

Once while waiting to board a Carnival (yuck, won't do that again).

Which one? The first one in your signature, or the one after that? :rolleyes:

I was just listening to the port authorities talking to the Allure OTS, and heard that 9 passengers were denied boarding, and they were still waiting for 3 more to arrive before departing.

Does anyone know of a reason for denying boarding, other than no proper ID?

Stan

Stan, Completely off topic - love the avatarof the grey. I will have to put my girl up for my avatar one day.

Edited by temple1

I'm enjoying breakfast on my balcony on the allure right now in a rainy nassau. After muster they kept paging a passenger. It did feel like we left late. Missed dinner in favor of sail away and had to do the windjammer.

Was the Windjammer busy?

Almost every time we've been in Nassau it rains. Sun is usually back out soon. Wish I was on an Allure balcony. Four more sail aways and then it's our turn! :) Enjoy your cruise!

Which one? The first one in your signature, or the one after that? :rolleyes:

The second one. The first one was our very first cruise so we had no comparison. Thought we'd try it again 20 years later since it was within a two-hour drive. We didn't like it but they certainly won't miss our money. Lots of other folks do -- including my sister!