Summit has azipod problem leaving from New York

Tangocherie

A friend called me and said he is upset that there is no Pepsi and gambling on board at this time. That is what he is unhappy about.

Interesting friend. Please tell me u are joking! 😺

A friend called me and said he is upset that there is no Pepsi and gambling on board at this time. That is what he is unhappy about.

No Pepsi because they only serve COKE products! ;) Can't gamble while docked.

I am really sorry for the folks on board, but the ones that are making the most of it, are the ones who will have the best time. Hope they fix the problem and they can be underway tomorrow! Good luck to those of you on board!

Goldesq - you have a great attitude!!

Edited by gimletgal

At this point, I can't see why anyone would be unhappy. The cruise isn't cancelled, we have electricity, food and drinks. There is full entertainment. What's to be unhappy about?

You have an excellent attitude. Not everyone does. Enjoy your cruise.

You have an excellent attitude. Not everyone does. Enjoy your cruise.

I'd rather be stuck on a stationary cruise ship than a stationary plane on the tarmac. I've got friends on it and they said they weren't even nothing to take sea passes for drinks. Everyone sounds pretty lit up. Beats going to work, too.

At this point, I can't see why anyone would be unhappy. The cruise isn't cancelled, we have electricity, food and drinks. There is full entertainment. What's to be unhappy about?

Maybe they are unhappy because they paid to go to Bermuda? They have food drinks and electricity in their kitchen at home.

Had two updates from CD. Right now "entertainment and onboard activities will continue as planned" but no further updates other than that "engineering team is working hard on the issue".

Some people are on twitter venting and getting angry, but really, why?!? We're on a beautiful ship, with GREAT crew, and ya know, sometimes **** happens - make lemonade folks!

Off to dinner... at least we'll make sure we get one Celebrity dinner in, no matter what happens! ;)

I'd rather be stuck on a stationary cruise ship than a stationary plane on the tarmac.

I'll bet YYC F/A can attest to that!;)

Edited by bob brown

I'll bet YYC F/A can attest to that!;)

I can!!!

We're stuck in Bayonne over night... But the show will go on. Entertainments. Cocktails. Fine dining. Did I mention the cocktail's?

We might be stationary but the Martini Bar guys are shaking there thing regardless and it would be a travesty not to imbibe, and enjoy ;)

We might be stationary but the Martini Bar guys are shaking there thing regardless and it would be a travesty not to imbibe, and enjoy ;)

That's the last straw for me! If there aren't a bunch of cool Canadians on our 9th August sailing, I may not be able to go. :D

Captain just made announcement which will be his last for the night that they are fixing the issue and should arrive in Bermuda in time. He will make his next announcement at 10 AM.

Glad to hear goldesq. Let's hope the repairs proceed as scheduled, and have a wonderful cruise !

Captain just made announcement which will be his last for the night that they are fixing the issue and should arrive in Bermuda in time. He will make his next announcement at 10 AM.

That's great news! Hope you all will be sailing way before then. How much fun and unusual is a dawn sailaway party!:)

I'm onboard. Just had dinner and went to my room. We are heading back to Bayonne to dock and get more assistance. The first announcement was not about azipods but rather about right propulsion. Not sure if they are linked. The lights are on in my cabin! All entertainment going as planned. We are going very very slow back to the pier though.

SORRY FOR THE TYPOS. Doing this on my phone.

We were on that cruise and retuned this morning

I can use your help

The cruise activity director name is Estefano. He was supposed to give us his card for his Facebook account. But we didn't see him this morning. When you see him can you ask him his music website or Facebook page

We never got his last name to check on Facebook

Tell him room 8141 group from previous cruise

Thanks for your help

Hotrod615

We were on that cruise and retuned this morning

I can use your help

The cruise activity director name is Estefano. He was supposed to give us his card for his Facebook account. But we didn't see him this morning. When you see him can you ask him his music website or Facebook page

We never got his last name to check on Facebook

Tell him room 8141 group from previous cruise

Thanks for your help

Hotrod615

I will try!

I am glad that they are safe and sound at the port and did not get stuck in the middle of the ocean. Last year when I was onboard the Explorer out of Bayonne for a 5 night cruise to Bermuda, the ship was having propulsion problems too. However, we were still able to sail but had to sail at a slower speed. Then at one point my friend and I noticed that we stopped moving. It was a bit scary to look out my cabin window out in the middle of the ocean during the night and see that we were not moving. The captain announced that they had to perform some tests on the propulsion system and in order to do that they had to completely stop the ship. Luckily we were able to make it to Bermuda but since we had to sail at slower speed we arrived to Bermuda late. Then while in Bermuda the captain announced that unfortunately we would have to leave early the next morning due to a hurricane headed towards Bermuda. People were so annoyed and upset and were complaining to guest services. Unfortunately weather can not be controlled or changed. The captain made the right decision to leave early to beat the hurricane especially because we had to move at slow speed due to the propulsion issues. Safety always comes first!! We had a few shore excursions booked which got cancelled due rain and high winds from the begining effects of the storm. I felt bad because this was my friends first cruise. We still had a great time though, thanks to the awesome crew and especially the cruise director Leigh Xuereb who I had sailed with many times prior to this cruise. He did an excellent job as always and made the cruise memorable. I'm grateful that I made it back from my cruise safely. Royal Carribean did give onboard credit due to the inconvenience.

I hope everyone on the Summit is still having a great time and hope they are able to fix the propulsion issue soon so that you can head to Bermuda!! Safe travels to you all!!

Dana