Happy Thanksgiving to our American Friends.

NSWP

Thank you so much. You Aussies are just such nice people, and I have made a new friend for my upcoming cruise that lives about one hour north of Brisbane. I can't wait until I can visit your wonderful country. I just have to mentally get myself prepared for the flight over!!!! And then cruising home!

Pooh

From myself and on behalf of the CC Aussies, might I wish all our friends on CC from the USA a Happy Thanksgiving. The Pilgrim Fathers did well. Above all Enjoy. ;p

I am little late, but thanks for the thoughts.

Thanksgiving is a tradition we received from the English. The English settlers would hold a service upon reaching their destination safely. More than likely James Cook did likewise in Australia. Here in the US it is generally associated with the settlement in Plymouth, Massachusetts, however the first permanent yearly celebration took place in Virginia in December of 1619 on the James river property that was to become the Berkeley Plantation.

You know, we Americans are inextricably linked to you Aussies. It was after our war of Independence that England needed to find a place other than America to send their prisoners. Well, we know that they found your continent to be convenient.

Thank you indeed.

But could someone explain why we are having a harvest festival when it is below freezing outside? Really, it is winter here!!!

The politicians got involved and started moving it around so they could get a long weekend in November before their Christmas vacation.