AMPLIFIED MARINER: Quick Hits and Misses

We were on Mariner’s first 4 day Bahamas sailing out of Miami. Just wanted to give some quick first impressions:

The hits:

1. The ship is in great condition. Almost everything looks like new.

2. The water slides, flow rider, hammocks, new mini-golf course etc. all provide a lot of action and fun for families.

3. Less space devoted to retail sales on the promenade. The sports bar replaced one upscale shop.

4.Great entertainment line up. If you ever have a chance to see Resurrection: A Journey Tribute you must. DW and I went back for the second show.

5. Very friendly and good service.

6. Quick and easy embarkation and debarkation.

The Misses:

1.No Eggs Benedict in the MDR for breakfast. (Please tell me this isn’t fleet wide.)

2. The interactive TV was not working, so you could not use it for ordering room service, reserving excursions, checking stateroom balances, watch PPV movies etc.

3. When Coco Cay is fully upgraded it will be an amazing family experience. Until the the ports of call are nothing to write home about.

We missed not having a formal night. I know some will be glad to hear that it is off the agenda, but we like to get dressed up at least once on a cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you ask someone about that? It may have been just a temporary issue with the first sailing.

All they would say was that they took Eggs Benedict off the menu so they could “focus on the other items.” I was mostly just joking in the Diamond Lounge about my disappointment, but the Concierge took me seriously and was very worried. She called the H&B Director and they did special order Eggs Benedict for me on the final day.

I was mostly just joking in the Diamond Lounge about my disappointment, but the Concierge took me seriously and was very worried. She called the H&B Director and they did special order Eggs Benedict for me on the final day.

This sounds like the missing shrimp cocktail or escargot from the dinner menu - if you ask, they'll eventually get it for you.

2. The water slides, flow rider, hammocks, new mini-golf course etc. all provide a lot of action and fun for families.

Just curious if it is the same 2 level mini-golf as we saw on Adventure?

Thanks for the feedback. We're going in August (4 day) and can't wait.

So glad to hear of the entertainment . Our last cruise was Allure so wondering how it'll compare (I know...no Broadway or Aqua show).

Too bad about your interactive tv. That would be frustrating. Bad luck with a room but you would think they would check things like that.

Where are the hammocks? Is this a solarium thing or can be used by anyone?

PS - I don't mind formal night either (and may at least bring a sun dress...which I don't typically wear).

Thanks for the feedback. We're going in August (4 day) and can't wait.

So glad to hear of the entertainment . Our last cruise was Allure so wondering how it'll compare (I know...no Broadway or Aqua show).

Too bad about your interactive tv. That would be frustrating. Bad luck with a room but you would think they would check things like that.

Where are the hammocks? Is this a solarium thing or can be used by anyone?

PS - I don't mind formal night either (and may at least bring a sun dress...which I don't typically wear).

The interactive TV was out on the whole ship, not just our room.

The hammocks are starboard aft on the sports deck, near the flow rider. Available to all.

Mini Golf was up in front. I’m not sure how it compares to Adventure’s, but it was nice and new.

Edited by SamFritz

2. The interactive TV was not working, so you could not use it for ordering room service, reserving excursions, checking stateroom balances, watch PPV movies etc.

Welcome to the Vision class. ;) :D :D :D

Thank you both for the reply about the hammocks. Biker...funny as I saw that structure but never knew what it was. Our kids will love those too.

OP, yikes...too bad about the interactive TV. Hopefully they work out the issue real soon, if not already (but of course that doesn't help you).

Anyone is a bit of a stretch.

I didn't say anything about them being available, just that they are not segregated nor limited to adults for example. Especially on the short runs Mariner is doing, I imagine those would be full quite often.

I didn't say anything about them being available, just that they are not segregated nor limited to adults for example. Especially on the short runs Mariner is doing, I imagine those would be full quite often.
Not very relaxing next to the kiddie climber [emoji33]

Will evaluate in January 2020

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

There’s no formal night on 3-4 night trips? Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Even when there used to be a formal night on the short cruises out of Miami, they weren't very formal. Now they apparently don't even bother.

Even when there used to be a formal night on the short cruises out of Miami, they weren't very formal. Now they apparently don't even bother.

We like the formal nights on a 7 night, but on a 3 night to Bahamas? You've barely got time to unpack and there are zero sea days. There isn't a point in having a formal night on that type of itinerary.

How was Playmakers? Did they show multiple sports? (MLB, World Cup, etc.)

It was a nice setting. LOTS of TVs. A few different channels. Mostly World Cup. The food was overpriced even for a cruise.

One other thing I forgot to mention in my original post is that the new furniture in the dining room and windjammer is very comfortable and it seems to provide a little more space between the tables. It was much easier to get around bit venues.

Nice to hear about the formal night being gone from Mariner. I hope they extend to the rest of the fleet for anything less than 5 nights or less. I even do not like getting dressed up on the short cruises.

Hi,

Thanks for your review. I am booked on the Mariner for December 2018. Does the ship still have an ice show? I am curious if they have decided to have an ice show on these short cruises.

Chuck

Yes there was an ice show. You have to pay attention to the cruise planner to see when it is. It was not publicized very well. Its time we’re in conflict with other things we wanted to do, so we didn’t make it.